PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Industry Scholarship

PureFitness
03-16-2012, 10:54 AM
What will I receive under the scholarship?
This is a full local scholarship and will cover the local university tuition fees, living allowances, computer and settling allowance, hostel allowance, summer programme or field trip sponsorship, CCA sponsorship and overseas exchange programme sponsorship.

What is the duration of my bond?
You are committed to work in the sponsoring organisation for four years. Should you pursue a master’s degree under the sponsoring organisation’s sponsorship, your bond period may be increased proportionately.

Participating organisations:
BHP Billiton
Boustead Singapore Limited
Charles & Keith Group
GE Aviation Singapore
Hitachi Asia Ltd
Infineon Technologies
Keppel Group
KPMG
Micron
PSA Corporation Ltd
Resorts World Sentosa
Sakae Holdings
SBS Transit
Sembcorp Industries
Sentosa Leisure Management
SIA Engineering Company Ltd
Siemens
Singapore Airlines
Singapore Power Group
Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd
YCH Group
Alexandra Health
Eastern Health Alliance
Jurong Health Services
National Council of Social Service
National Healthcare Group
National University Health System
Singapore Health Services

Courses of study:
http://www.singaporeindustryscholarship.sg/eligibility-course-of-study/

mystikboy
04-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Has anyone received any reply from SgIS yet?

chillipepper
04-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Has anyone received any reply from SgIS yet?

not yet! still waiting... the other scholarships are alr in the second/third rounds but SgIS havent even reply!

mystikboy
04-09-2012, 08:44 AM
I see. NCSS wasn't one of my options though. I don't think we will get a rejection letter. Keep your updates coming so I can align my expectations haha

janson
04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
the organization in-charge of healthcare admin for the people sector has already begun calling people up for interviews!

facelook
04-15-2012, 11:52 AM
has anyone gotten a call from the economic sector?

jackofspade
04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I got called up for interview yesterday morning by my first choice Keppel. Surprisingly they called on Saturday.
No news from the other 4 though.

facelook
04-15-2012, 01:45 PM
congrats! my first choice is KPMG. Wonder if the competition gonna be stiff.

kenneth92
04-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi, scholarship for the various health services have been offered already. Offer letter is being given out today. Not sure about the other sector. Hope this helps!

sfilate
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi Kenneth. Congrats on your offer! How was the interview like?

Kraken
04-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi, I've just received a call for Boustead. Anyone else?

JYM
04-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Anyone received a call from Charles & Keith yet? :)

kaylie
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I've received an email stating that i'm shortlisted for an interview with KPMG(first choice) this coming wednesday. No calls though.

Anyone went for the interview already? care to share how it is like?

chillipepper
04-19-2012, 02:23 PM
anyone received any calls from Sentosa/Sakae/ Charles and Keith/ Singapore Airlines yet??

harajuku
04-19-2012, 04:42 PM
I've received an email stating that i'm shortlisted for an interview with KPMG(first choice) this coming wednesday. No calls though.

Anyone went for the interview already? care to share how it is like?

I got a call around 2pm! Is your interview at 2pm? I am guessing it is a group interview!

JYM
04-20-2012, 12:27 AM
anyone received any calls from Sentosa/Sakae/ Charles and Keith/ Singapore Airlines yet??

I just received a call from Charles & Keith this morning! Good luck! The calls should come soon. :o

kaylie
04-20-2012, 03:39 AM
I got a call around 2pm! Is your interview at 2pm? I am guessing it is a group interview!

My actual interview is at 2.30pm. Registration at 2pm. Why wld you think that it is a group interview? :)

chillipepper
04-20-2012, 10:44 AM
I just received a call from Charles & Keith this morning! Good luck! The calls should come soon. :o

congrats! may i know ur grades please??? i'm kinda worried!

trying
04-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Anyone received calls from ST Engineering??

JYM
04-22-2012, 12:24 AM
congrats! may i know ur grades please??? i'm kinda worried!

I think they are not that bent on looking at grades! More of as an overall candidate. I have a friend who was called up for the interview with a decent GPA above 3.7. :)

polkadotpictures
04-22-2012, 10:31 AM

Hey, I received a call too! When's your interview?

0wnage
04-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Anyone received calls from ST Engineering??

I don't know about those who applied through SGIS as the interviews for those who applied directly to ST Engineering are almost over.

deskoh91
04-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I will be having an interview tomorrow for the healthcare cluster. I guess there are more than one round of interviews since MOH will be recruiting for all 8 hospitals?

On a side note, anyone heard anything from Sentosa and Resorts World?

janson
04-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi yes there are two rounds of interview. First round 12 people were offered across the different healthcare groups. Good luck!

errr where did you get your info from because it is not right lol

kenneth92
04-23-2012, 10:42 AM
hi sorry, I should use the term around 12 because I asked on the tea session/offer day itself about the status.

chillipepper
04-26-2012, 04:43 PM
oh dear its alr close to may and i havent receive calls from any of my choices... i'm freaking outttttt

sfilate
04-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Hey, I received a call too! When's your interview?

How was the interview? :)

facelook
05-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Has anyone heard from KPMG after the interview last week?

harajuku
05-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Has anyone heard from KPMG after the interview last week?

yup the final round of assessment is on friday!

facelook
05-01-2012, 11:46 AM
How many rounds are there? I thought there're only a 3mins presentation and an inteview with the senior management?

harajuku
05-01-2012, 11:48 AM
How many rounds are there? I thought there're only a 3mins presentation and an inteview with the senior management?

the second round was the HR directors right? so yeah i think ard 14/15 got shortlisted for the final round (3rd). No clue what is it going to be about though...

facelook
05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
hahah, if that's the case, I'm rejected for the final round.

mystikboy
05-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Any one who is doing law? I didn't hear from any of my choices ):

Undercover
05-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Any one who is doing law? I didn't hear from any of my choices ):

If you're doing law I don't suggest you take up any scholarship! You will earn ALOT more when you go out to become a lawyer

janson
05-02-2012, 09:43 AM
If you're doing law I don't suggest you take up any scholarship! You will earn ALOT more when you go out to become a lawyer

1.not everybody can afford the tuition fees for local studies
2.not everybody wants to do law for the money

Misconception
05-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Just FYGI, I heard from my tutor that some scholarship providers expect you to work for them straight after graduation, which gives you little, if any time to do the bar exam.

Your salary may not be compromised just because you are not working in a law firm, since you would probably be doing managerial roles in the company etc.

Take this with a pinch of salt though.

moxlotus
05-09-2012, 05:16 PM
My friend had received a call from SIA engineering last Friday. And I had received a call from PSA. Anyone else going for the PSA interview? :o

Sandyyeosh
05-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Im going to psa interiew on 17th may and sia on 2 june. Anyone else going? Please sms me if you would like to go together? 90238010

Best of luck everyone,
Sandy! :)

moxlotus
05-11-2012, 07:20 AM
See you on 14th May. Hahaha. I am going for the interview.

Oh? you mean there is one round of PSA interview on 14th this month?

Does anyone know how "Group Interview" is like for PSA or in general? I went for MOHH interview and I do not think they are of the same type

mind to just share ur group interview experience for MOH?

jun5heng
05-12-2012, 10:42 AM
LOL im in for 14th May interview oso. see u peeps there =)

imso
05-17-2012, 05:13 PM
So for you guys who have gone through the experience of the interview, mind sharing it with us here?

chillipepper
05-21-2012, 10:10 AM
lol resorts world just contacted me to go for their interview this fri

Jerron
05-21-2012, 03:40 PM

I also gt an email from them for the interview at 3pm this friday.

I wonder what kind of question they will ask hmm.... :confused:

ChanTeeTee
05-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi guys,
I am shortlisted for the next round of interview. Anyone here passed the first round of "4hrs PSA interview?" Phew. :cool:

moxlotus
05-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi guys,
I am shortlisted for the next round of interview. Anyone here passed the first round of "4hrs PSA interview?" Phew. :cool:

Congratulation! :D

imso
05-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Wow, that's pretty long... Is it in group interview form? In this kind of interview what kind of questions do they asked and how did you prepare?

ChanTeeTee
05-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Congratulation! :D

Thank you ^^ How about you?

deskoh91
05-28-2012, 07:50 PM

I also gt an email from them for the interview at 3pm this friday.

I wonder what kind of question they will ask hmm.... :confused:

hey which course(s) are you all attending?

88peace88
06-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi, does anyone know how much living allowance one gets per month under the Singapore industry scholarship? It's not stated in their website. Can someone enlighten us?

moxlotus
06-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi, does anyone know how much living allowance one gets per month under the Singapore industry scholarship? It's not stated in their website. Can someone enlighten us?

monthly allowance will depend on the sponsoring company. so there is no fixed amount.

frozenheart
06-13-2012, 08:21 PM
anyone got an offer from Micron?

88peace88
06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Has anyone here already signed the scholarship yet? Most other scholarships have already confirmed their ppl. Maybe those who signed the scholarship already can share about their interview experience and the sort of monthly allowance they are getting from their parent company.

moxlotus
06-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Has anyone here already signed the scholarship yet? Most other scholarships have already confirmed their ppl. Maybe those who signed the scholarship already can share about their interview experience and the sort of monthly allowance they are getting from their parent company.

this scholarship not yet as interviews are still ongoing.

Kraken
06-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Of all the people that went to the companies to interview, none has signed anything yet?.. Cos I had went for 2nd rd of interview without further notifications subsequently.. *false hopes*

frozenheart
06-17-2012, 11:53 AM
this scholarship not yet as interviews are still ongoing.

I already received an offer from Micron and I am replying on Monday. How do you know everyone is still having their interview?:confused:

moxlotus
06-18-2012, 09:03 AM
I already received an offer from Micron and I am replying on Monday. How do you know everyone is still having their interview?:confused:

u got the offer b4 or after my reply ? lol. that makes a difference.

Anyway, PSA is still having their final interview and only 1 candidate gotten the scholarship as of now.

frozenheart
06-18-2012, 08:18 PM
u got the offer b4 or after my reply ? lol. that makes a difference.

Anyway, PSA is still having their final interview and only 1 candidate gotten the scholarship as of now.

LOL?! Only 1 candidate got the scholarship? Micron have five from polytechnic so far...

looneymoon
06-19-2012, 12:24 AM
LOL?! Only 1 candidate got the scholarship? Micron have five from polytechnic so far...

it seems each company has their own schedules. I have a friend who got the offer more than a week ago...?

Kraken
06-20-2012, 01:00 AM
I also got an offer from boustead sg. The HR side mentions there will be an official ceremony at the end of June for the signing of the deed. Anyone received more details about it?

How many rounds of interviews you went? They didn't contact me after the 2nd interview? Guess no chance already =|

looneymoon
06-20-2012, 03:59 PM
I also got an offer from boustead sg. The HR side mentions there will be an official ceremony at the end of June for the signing of the deed. Anyone received more details about it?

Any idea if this ceremony applies to all companies under SGIS or rather an internal thing? Also, anyone knows what is the avg number of scholarships given out per company?

moxlotus
06-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Any idea if this ceremony applies to all companies under SGIS or rather an internal thing? Also, anyone knows what is the avg number of scholarships given out per company?

I believe the avg should be at 3. Since there are 28 participating organisations, an average of 3 would mean 80+ scholars which is a lot. :)

PS: PSA has finished their interviews.

JuneStatus
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
The results of RWS scholarship will be out by this Friday. As for RWS, there's no limit to how many scholarships they will offer. It's purely based on one's merit.:)

moxlotus
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
The results of RWS scholarship will be out by this Friday. As for RWS, there's no limit to how many scholarships they will offer. It's purely based on one's merit.:)

its a standard reply from the organisations. if they tell u an absolute figure and one less person gets the award, u will question.

moxlotus
06-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Signing the letter of undertaking next week. Ceremony is on 2nd August. Does everyone has the same date for the ceremony?

moxlotus
07-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Signing got postponed to a later date. Anyone here has already signed their letter of undertaking with their sponsor?

looneymoon
07-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Signing got postponed to a later date. Anyone here has already signed their letter of undertaking with their sponsor?

undertaking letter alr submitted via post, but not the deed. You going for the ceremony?

moxlotus
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
undertaking letter alr submitted via post, but not the deed. You going for the ceremony?

Are u matriculating this year?

frozenheart
07-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I still do not know about the actual date for the signing of the deed. They keep saying that it is roughly in July. But I am do certain that 02 Aug 12 is the ceremony. Anyone receive the invitation through email 1st then post?

yea, I received the invitation.

looneymoon
07-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Are u matriculating this year?

opps sorry. yup i'm matriculating in 2012.

looneymoon
07-23-2012, 12:06 AM
I still do not know about the actual date for the signing of the deed. They keep saying that it is roughly in July. But I am do certain that 02 Aug 12 is the ceremony. Anyone receive the invitation through email 1st then post?

same here. anyone else got some form of phone interview...? o.o

MrParadox
07-23-2012, 02:56 AM
same here. anyone else got some form of phone interview...? o.o

Yea, I received a phone interview from the SgIS team a few days back!

moxlotus
07-24-2012, 12:09 AM
how come still got phone interview??? i thought all interviews are done???

MrParadox
07-24-2012, 01:17 AM
how come still got phone interview??? i thought all interviews are done???

This interview by the SgIS Team, for those already awarded the scholarship. I think they just wanna know the scholars better. It's kinda like a "for-the-media" interview.

frozenheart
07-24-2012, 09:21 AM
This interview by the SgIS Team, for those already awarded the scholarship. I think they just wanna know the scholars better. It's kinda like a "for-the-media" interview.

Lol, I didn't receive any phone interview. Does that mean I am a lousy scholar?

looneymoon
07-24-2012, 11:51 AM

was there any follow-up action or something?

Lol, I didn't receive any phone interview. Does that mean I am a lousy scholar?

nah frozenheart, its probably random then they'll shortlist a few for actual media next thursday...?

janson
07-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Hi, does anyone have any idea when are we signing the deed? The actual ceremony is next thursday 02-08-12 at a hotel in bugis. But I still havent signed the deed. Anyone encounter the same issue?

i'm afraid every individual company holds their own deed signing so you will have to ask your company's HR on that.

moxlotus
07-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi, does anyone have any idea when are we signing the deed? The actual ceremony is next thursday 02-08-12 at a hotel in bugis. But I still havent signed the deed. Anyone encounter the same issue?

in the same shoe as u. we are suppose to receive the invitation to the ceremony by post today.

becks0303
07-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know where the Singapore-Industry Scholarship(SGIS Mid-Term) tea session be held?

The website only states the date(5 August) but not the location of the tea session.

Thank you!

David

moxlotus
07-26-2012, 08:51 PM
has anyone received the formal invitation to the ceremony by post yet?

yragrag
08-19-2012, 12:51 PM
May I know the grades of A level graduates who were called up for interviews? I am planning to apply for this scholarship this year but I only have 10AUs and 3H2 distinctions.

moxlotus
08-20-2012, 03:25 PM
May I know the grades of A level graduates who were called up for interviews? I am planning to apply for this scholarship this year but I only have 10AUs and 3H2 distinctions.

The grades of the A lvl graduates who got called up varies. it depends on the company that u chose. so choose the company wisely imo lol.

Cheesecake
04-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Uhm I wonder if I can still ask about the scholarship here??

Ah I got a call from the National Arts Gallery for an interview but I was wondering if my uni course would be unattractive to them. I'm going for NUS biz in the end and I'm wondering if a biz student is of value to the Art Gallery. Would they want someone who majors in industrial design or design related courses?

savethewow
04-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Ah I got a call from the National Arts Gallery for an interview but I was wondering if my uni course would be unattractive to them. I'm going for NUS biz in the end and I'm wondering if a biz student is of value to the Art Gallery. Would they want someone who majors in industrial design or design related courses?

Not at all. Running an art gallery of this scale is not a simple task and would require business knowledge too. Someone from an design-related background might not be that well-prepared to managed finances, handle HR matters, prepare marketing plans etc...

read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arts_administration

pokkaGT
04-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Actually, you need a Master's to manage an art gallery. It is okay to pursue a Bachelor's in business first but eventually, you must have a Master's.

In any case, you must already have a passion in the arts to get the scholarship. All the best :)

savethewow
04-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Actually, you need a Master's to manage an art gallery.

That's totally not true. Many of them in singapore do not have a masters. Though, if you wish to do a masters, NHB/NAC is very generous with scholarships. Note - arts management is a different track from curatorialship.

pris_k
04-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Has anyone been called up for kpmg's interview next thur? Any seniors can shed some light on the interview process because I was told that it would last 4 hours :O and I missed KPMG's talk at the SGIS scholarship fair previously so I dont really have an idea how the selection process is going to be like. Is it true that there are four rounds of interviews???

chermaine
05-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Has anyone been called up for kpmg's interview next thur? Any seniors can shed some light on the interview process because I was told that it would last 4 hours :O and I missed KPMG's talk at the SGIS scholarship fair previously so I dont really have an idea how the selection process is going to be like. Is it true that there are four rounds of interviews???

Hi there! I am going for the first round of interview for kpmg as well. Could you share with me how's the interview process going to be like? Appreciate it very much!