PDA

View Full Version : Admitted into NYU?

pookooko
04-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone, I've been accepted into NYU (Stern school of business) and wanted to network with anybody out there who have been enrolled for Fall 2012 as well! Also, if anyone has more information about this university or any reviews, do reply as well :)

blackhawkdown
04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
did you do any SATS for admission?

pookooko
04-03-2012, 10:54 PM
yup I did! :) Got a total of 2220 for SATS I and 710 and 780 for the subject tests.

silentears
04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
yup I did! :) Got a total of 2220 for SATS I and 710 and 780 for the subject tests.

wah congrats, what subjects did u take for SAT IIs?

Do u know of any poly students that managed to get in?

I.e as a transfer student/ or fresh applicant?

(I am from poly but not in a related major, thats why i do not know if i am applicable to apply under a transfer student?)

thanks in advance

pookooko
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
wah congrats, what subjects did u take for SAT IIs?

Do u know of any poly students that managed to get in?

I.e as a transfer student/ or fresh applicant?

(I am from poly but not in a related major, thats why i do not know if i am applicable to apply under a transfer student?)

thanks in advance

took Literature and Math II! nope don't know anybody who got in really (that's why i posted this thread XD), but i think that it actually doesn't matter which subject you took in poly unless its something really specific like engineering. Else business is rather generic, in my opinion. Also, if you are currently in poly I think you apply as a fresh applicant because transfer means that you were previously in another university and currently doing your undergraduate studies. Of course, I may be wrong! I'm no expert XD perhaps you can ask a career guidance teacher from your poly?

silentears
04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
took Literature and Math II! nope don't know anybody who got in really (that's why i posted this thread XD), but i think that it actually doesn't matter which subject you took in poly unless its something really specific like engineering. Else business is rather generic, in my opinion. Also, if you are currently in poly I think you apply as a fresh applicant because transfer means that you were previously in another university and currently doing your undergraduate studies. Of course, I may be wrong! I'm no expert XD perhaps you can ask a career guidance teacher from your poly?

haha, thanks for the advice. Actually I studied biotechnology.

Ur grades and CCAs must be fantastic!

Anyway are u going to firm NYU?

pookooko
04-04-2012, 02:32 PM
haha, thanks for the advice. Actually I studied biotechnology.

Ur grades and CCAs must be fantastic!

Anyway are u going to firm NYU?
Mmm I don't think so yet, NYU is pretty expensive. I'll be waiting to see what local offers I receive and whether there's any possibility of a scholarship! I think CCAs count a lot more in US applications actually :) I had 2, and one involved music while the other community service, so I could write on my experiences. Otherwise I wouldn't call it fantastic, I got rejected by quite a few colleges actually!