PDA

View Full Version : Best time to take SAT 2s

psyw0408
07-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi,
I'm going to take my A Levels this year November. I wanna apply to US universities but I haven't taken my SAT 2s yet so I am thinking of taking them either in October or December. Any idea when would be better?
Also, I got 2270 for my SAT 1. Is it a good enough score or should I retake it? I'm aiming to get into Brown University.
Thanks! :)

mengshuen
07-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi,
I'm going to take my A Levels this year November. I wanna apply to US universities but I haven't taken my SAT 2s yet so I am thinking of taking them either in October or December. Any idea when would be better?
Also, I got 2270 for my SAT 1. Is it a good enough score or should I retake it? I'm aiming to get into Brown University.
Thanks! :)
2270 is a very good SAT score!

I took my SATs during my A levels (that's November, I think), but October works well too. Don't take in in December I think, 'cos once A levels is over, at least you don't have SAT 2s to worry about!

psyw0408
07-31-2012, 07:37 PM
2270 is a very good SAT score!

I took my SATs during my A levels (that's November, I think), but October works well too. Don't take in in December I think, 'cos once A levels is over, at least you don't have SAT 2s to worry about!

Thanks for the reply!
But isn't it very stressful to take two exams together? I thought December would be good cos I would have a bit of time to practice the tests after A Levels!

Run
08-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the reply!
But isn't it very stressful to take two exams together? I thought December would be good cos I would have a bit of time to practice the tests after A Levels!

Agreed, 2270 is a good score.

I don't think it matters too much whether you take it before or after the 'A' levels, the stuff they test is much simpler than what is on the 'A' levels. Most girls I know take it before the 'A' levels to get their scores sooner and to get it over with. I took it after my first year of NS.

:)