PDA

View Full Version : besides scholarships..

ultrapeanut!
01-23-2008, 11:38 AM
hi i'm thinking besides having a scholarship to go overseas or sth, acty i have a cousin who did not receive a sholarship initially but eventually due to his excellent performance in his present uni, he was offered subsidies and grants to further his studies by private sector. acty this sounds gd as well. so i'm thinking even if you fail to receive a scholarship now as an undergrad, if you continue to work hard in uni, you'll can still do very well right?

pheurie
01-23-2008, 01:18 PM
That's very true. A few of my friends received offers during their 2nd or 3rd year when they were in uni. This is especially so if your A's were not hot. but if you are thinking going overseas to study, then you have to make sure you have enough funding for at least 3 years, otherwise you would be stuck...

had another friend who took on scholarship to go US. but he dropped the scholarship by the 2nd year, not due to performance, but he realized that he wanted to stay in the US for long term and do not want to be bound by the T&Cs of the scholarship.