PDA

View Full Version : to study physics..

ultrapeanut!
01-23-2008, 11:41 AM
hmm i'm considering ntu or nus to study physics but i'm not sure which is better. can someone advice me on this? only ntu has double degree right? and when i went the websites to check it out, ntu seems to have a wider variety of courses concerning physics in their school but i heard nus has more experience?

billthegeek
03-10-2009, 12:43 AM
It is already one year since the threadstarter posted this question... does anyone know the answer? I'm curious to find out too.

LockT31W
03-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Judging by her post history, she got into Industrial and Systems Engineering in the end.

miles.205
03-19-2009, 01:11 AM
interesting change of mind ;) from Physics to Industrial and Systems Engineering. Do these two have anything in common?

spencer
03-25-2009, 07:20 AM
interesting change of mind ;) from Physics to Industrial and Systems Engineering. Do these two have anything in common?

ISE is something like a marriage between CS and EEE (at least in the UK) .

twasher
06-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Rachel, why are you thinking of getting a PhD in physics from NUS, given that you're still in JC? I suggest doing your undergrad first and worrying about PhD later on.

spencer
06-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Rachel, why are you thinking of getting a PhD in physics from NUS, given that you're still in JC? I suggest doing your undergrad first and worrying about PhD later on.

Rachel doesn't know what she is talking about.

cleanerdung
06-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Rachel doesn't know what she is talking about.

c'mon cut her some slack

rachelheng
06-24-2009, 10:33 PM
lol... sorry for the confusion, i kind of found out myself..:D i deleted the previous posts because it seems like i'm answering my own question...:confused: intended to add info to it.. not answering my own question... haha..

so for the tread user and beyond,...

As far as NUS Engineering and Physics is concerned, NUS put a lot of focus on mathematics. The Mathematics are mostly relevant to aerospace, marine engineering etc.

By the way, thx twasher for the advice! hmm... well, its a good idea that i finish my undergrad first, given i'm still decades away to anywhere close to Ph.D... haha... thx anyway! XD

and, spencer, hope it doesn't confuse you now.. haha.. :D

cleanerdung, thx for the understanding!!!:)

XD