PDA

View Full Version : Career Choices in PSC Application?

10-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey guys,

There's something I don't quite get in the application. So, in the "Careers" portion of the application I filled in the following in sequence:

1. Singapore Police Force
2. Public Administration
3. Home Team
4. Social and Family Development
5. Economics

Here's what I know, to attain the SPFOS, I need to qualify for OCS, and not only that, be of the highest calibre there.
Okay, so say my scholastic achievements are able to allow me to be a potential SPFO Scholar BUT I somehow do not enter OCS thereby failing both SPFOS and SMS (Police). What happens then?

Will I fall to my second choice? What if by the time I realize I failed entry to OCS there aren't any spaces in the other 4 career choices? Will I not get a scholarship then despite having cleared the rigour of the application process to be a potential SPFO Scholar?

Cheers to the Public Sector!

teddynuts
11-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Hey guys,

There's something I don't quite get in the application. So, in the "Careers" portion of the application I filled in the following in sequence:

1. Singapore Police Force
2. Public Administration
3. Home Team
4. Social and Family Development
5. Economics

Here's what I know, to attain the SPFOS, I need to qualify for OCS, and not only that, be of the highest calibre there.
Okay, so say my scholastic achievements are able to allow me to be a potential SPFO Scholar BUT I somehow do not enter OCS thereby failing both SPFOS and SMS (Police). What happens then?

Will I fall to my second choice? What if by the time I realize I failed entry to OCS there aren't any spaces in the other 4 career choices? Will I not get a scholarship then despite having cleared the rigour of the application process to be a potential SPFO Scholar?

Cheers to the Public Sector!

Been there done that. If you don't get into OCS, but you have been awarded the SPFOS, you get the PSC OMS (Open) scholarship. For SMS (Police), you are not offered it before you complete your OCS. i.e. If you haven't completed (or qualified even) for OCS, you can only get provisional SPFOS or SGS (police).

As a SGS (Police) if you excel in OCS and after your commissioing, you will be upgraded to SMS (Police). There will be space for you no matter what you choose. Once you get a scholarship offer, OCS is just a perk. Not a must have. PM me for queries (if any)

JensenDrake2
05-27-2015, 03:09 PM
The PSC scholarships are for outstanding young men and women who want to serve Singapore and Singaporeans, through a fulfilling and rewarding career in the Civil Service. PSC scholarships are awarded based on merit – the PSC does not have a cap on the number of scholarships awarded annually.

The wide range of PSC scholarships offer 3 main career paths – Public Administration, Professional Service and Uniformed Service.