PDA

View Full Version : Infocommunications Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) Scholarships 2013

edmundw
02-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Here is the official thread for the Infocommunications Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) Scholarships 2013.
Post any queries or tips here!

The official scholarship page can be found here:
http://www.infocommtalent.sg/

papergoon
03-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know what does the requirement mean by "possess outstanding "A" Level or Polytechnic results"? For A Level applicants, is it a minimum of AAA/A?

And I do not qualify, is it possible to retake A Levels and reapply for the scholarship the following year?

havok_ex
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Yes, it is possible to retake A levels and reapply. They will not discriminate you no matter how many times you attempt the A levels. Although, all your subjects must be taken in a SINGLE sitting.

int3l
04-03-2013, 06:17 PM
got a call to ask me to send my soft copies of certs to them. heard the guy saying they rushing for this week, so if you expect a call it will be this week.

randomtty
04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Anybody got any interview invitations??? :confused:

Spikedrill
04-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I got a interview.. Anyone else?

barrinalo
04-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi, I was wondering if they will send a rejection letter or something like that. Until now I have not been informed about anything regarding my IDA application.

randomtty
04-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi, I was wondering if they will send a rejection letter or something like that. Until now I have not been informed about anything regarding my IDA application.

I heard from my friend that first round interviews were last week and we should be notified by 29 Apr if we're shortlisted for the second round. I'm not too sure about it though :(

barrinalo
04-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Haha ok. I was kind of expecting it, because my application in terms of the essay and course that I applied for didnt really align with IDA's goals in my opinion. But I thought 1st round of interviews is based on grades alone, so I thought I might have 1st round of interviews.

randomtty
04-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Haha ok. I was kind of expecting it, because my application in terms of the essay and course that I applied for didnt really align with IDA's goals in my opinion. But I thought 1st round of interviews is based on grades alone, so I thought I might have 1st round of interviews.

What are your grades?

barrinalo
04-28-2013, 04:50 PM
I got 44 points for IB. with Biology/Chemistry/Math at Higher level.

randomtty
04-28-2013, 06:11 PM
I got 44 points for IB. with Biology/Chemistry/Math at Higher level.

Ok, that's weird. I guess it may depend on whether there are any companies interested in you then.

Aleoca333
04-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Me too. Didn't even get a interview. My UAS is 88.75 with plenty of IT related co curriculars. I guess cutoff for this course is really high.

randomtty
04-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Me too. Didn't even get a interview. My UAS is 88.75 with plenty of IT related co curriculars. I guess cutoff for this course is really high.

Applicants must:

Be a Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Foreigners***
Have a good Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) record
Possess a strong interest in an infocomm career
For Full Scholarship - possess outstanding "A" Level or Polytechnic results
For Partial Scholarship - be an undergraduate advancing to the final year of studies in an NIS eligible degree at NTU, NUS, SIT, SMU or SUTD

Maybe you're just unlucky.

int3l
04-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Well, I also didn't get an interview yet despite them initially asking for my certs and Imperial accepting me. I emailed them a couple of times already including this morning and their reply was always we are still pending replies from our partners. Hopefully that is the case since I went for the first round last year despite having only NTU and NUS and didn't get in to the second :( Which partners did you all choose? Maybe it has got to do with it? Mine was Avaya Singapore Pte Ltd
Barclays Capital
EMC International S.A.R.L. (Singapore Branch)
IBM Singapore Pte Ltd
Aztech Systems Ltd
Centre for Strategic Infocomm Technologies
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
ST Electronics Ltd
United Overseas Bank Ltd

barrinalo
04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Haha I had no idea the partners mattered that much. I just picked randomly because I had no idea what each one was about. You can see how haphazardly I applied for this scholarship XD.

randomtty
04-30-2013, 08:30 PM
I figured that since there are so many people interested (this is probably one of the rare threads that are alive) , I'll just ask my friend and post any updates. Apparently, the 29th April date is not accurate because she got a call from IDA today for the 2nd round and she got called up for an interview for one of the other companies as well. What I think is, there's probably still hope as some companies have yet to shortlist their candidates.

Spikedrill
05-01-2013, 09:41 AM
I have went through to the second IDA interview too. Contacted by IDA to go Starhub for interview

Aleoca333
05-01-2013, 09:44 AM
People who got offered an interview, what were your grades/portfolio like?

isbizadforme
05-01-2013, 06:51 PM
i got called up today for the second round of interview with ida. They mentioned it will be a HR panel interview.

My grade profile is: PCME (H2) AAAA GP,PW,Chinese AAA

I don't have any IT related portfolio but I am really interested in the IT industry. Want to study econs.

delq
05-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Just received a call yesterday asking me to go down for the 1st round of interview.. so I guess they are still shortlisting ppl :/

int3l
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Just received a call yesterday asking me to go down for the 1st round of interview.. so I guess they are still shortlisting ppl :/

thats lucky man. still havent had any news :/

Spikedrill
05-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Hey delq u got shortlisted by which company? Good luck for ur interview!!

delq
05-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Hey delq u got shortlisted by which company? Good luck for ur interview!!

Barclays. Thanks!

randomtty
05-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Any updates?