PDA

View Full Version : HELP needed from current scholars: Acceptance of Offer deadline VS Scholarships notification date

kookypeople
04-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Hi guys,

I've just been accepted into NYU Steinhardt, but here comes my problem: the deadline for me to accept m offer is 1 May 2013, but I think I'll only know if I can get a scholarship in June. Since there is no way for me to fund my education in NYU without a scholarship, I cannot accept my offer just yet.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? If so, please advice me on what I should do! I've already emailed NYU and am planning on calling them, but I also need to know if I should start applying for my student visa and apply for housing NOW instead of waiting til June to apply!

patryn33
04-01-2013, 07:22 PM
US embassy req u to provide bank statements to show that u have funds for at least a yr of edu to grant u VISA. Most ppl will show evidence of 3yr fund.

Anyway, care to share stats? Many ppl here interest in NYU

kookypeople
04-02-2013, 01:17 AM
Oh so this means I HAVE to wait to hear back from the scholarship providers... Thanks!

I did IB so my stats may not be applicable to everyone:
HL English A1- 7
HL History - 7
HL Economics - 7
SL Chemistry - 7
SL Math - 7
SL Chinese B - 7
EE (English A1) - A
TOK- C
Total: 44 points

SATs 1: 2080 (NYU doesn't require SATs 2 + I did pretty badly for them haha)

But focus more on the supplements I guess because I know of people who didn't do too well (for IB) and still managed to get in! Hope this helps :-)