PDA

View Full Version : SAT Registration Help?

captaintomato
12-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Hi, I have a problem with the SAT registration process.

Because I come from a Chinese-speaking family, I have an additional Chinese han-yu-ping-yin name included at the back of my surname:

e.g. Jeremy Lim Wei Qiang

However, the SAT registration page only has fields for first name, last name, and middle name. Since college board requires us to input our exact name (as on our ICs), and the Chinese name would be in the wrong 'position' should it be entered under the middle name category, so how then do I fill up the registration form?

Can I input it as follows:
First name: Jeremy
Middle name: Lim
Last name: Wei Qiang

Any help on this? :confused::confused::confused:

patryn33
12-29-2013, 07:53 AM
What I will do.

Last name: lim
First: Jeremy Wei
Middle: Qiang

I use this format for my driver license, greencard, SSN

captaintomato
12-30-2013, 07:32 PM
What I will do.

Last name: lim
First: Jeremy Wei
Middle: Qiang

I use this format for my driver license, greencard, SSN

Hmmm but if that's the case, wouldn't my name be registered as "Jeremy Wei Qiang Lim", even though my IC writes "Jeremy Lim Wei Qiang"? Does the position of our chinese name even matter so much? :confused: Only because the website states that the name has to be exactly the same as the one produced in our ICs...

patryn33
12-31-2013, 12:49 AM
Last name refer to family name.
It's just SAT, greencard application much more problematic and still ok. Need to submit all past and current passport. Provide all pages even blank ones plus pages in photos must be color. Top that off need to go thru FBI background check and it's still ok.

I have used this format for SAT, GRE and GMAT with no issues.
If u have doubts call them up or walk into USEIC pay $$ to get it done