PDA

View Full Version : Can I enter NUS if I happen to fail my H1 contrasting subject?

Phantomrider
10-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Hello there. I'm currently studying in Millennia Institute. A Levels is just round the corner, I just want to find out if it is true that I cannot enter into a Local University if I fail my H1 contrasting subject in A Levels, in my case Chemistry.

melsonchun
10-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I think failing should never an option. Try to get an E at least, because if you fail GP while the other content subjects are alright, you'll gain admission, but not the reverse usually. That's what I heard.

Phantomrider
10-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Ok. But right now I'm doing well for all of my other H2s and H1s will they be that cruel to reject my admission if I happen to fail just that one contrasting subject?

melsonchun
10-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Ok. But right now I'm doing well for all of my other H2s and H1s will they be that cruel to reject my admission if I happen to fail just that one contrasting subject?

I would not want to capitalise on the remaining on the subjects if I were you. Besides, you want to do well enough to get into the faculty of your choice right? Why just settle for some course which you have no apparent interest and passion for?

Ashearo
10-19-2008, 11:23 PM

Yes they will be that cruel. Cruel as you see it, but fair as others see it. Local university admission is strictly by merit, so if you cut it, you cut it. If you don't, then you don't. You should not be worrying if the universities will accept you if you fail your contrasting H1. What you should be focusing your energy on is to do well so you DON'T need to worry after that. Focus!