PDA

View Full Version : Ministry of Education (MOE) Scholarships 2015

BrightSparks Team
12-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Here is the official thread for Ministry of Education Scholarships 2015.
Post any queries or tips here!

The official scholarship page can be found here:
http://student.brightsparks.com.sg/profile/moe/index.php?&

potaku
03-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Hi guys!

Is anybody gonna apply for the teaching scholarship? The scholarship application closes 10 days after a levels right?

Just a quick question can you apply for the oversea scholarship if you have not applied for an oversea university? Cause the UK application is in april right?

JCboy1996
04-15-2015, 12:54 AM
Hi guys, just need some help here...
I assume that everyone who've applied received the excel sheet form.. Just checking, how did you guys attach the photograph and the signature without converting your files to PDF? I converted my file to PDF and I cant seem to find a proper way to convert my file back. Would appreciate all help! Thanks :)

gabsim168
04-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Hi guys,

For those who have gone through the interviews, have you received any reply yet? I've called up their administrator and as of 17 April he said that they were still conducting interviews.

The excel form states that the results would be released to all interview candidates by May 2015. Very anxious for the release of this result because I submitted my application before the release of 2015 A level results this year (took my a levels in 2012).

If you've received a reply, do let me know so that I can have a little bit of hope =)

Christinejoy
04-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Hi guys,

For those who have gone through the interviews, have you received any reply yet? I've called up their administrator and as of 17 April he said that they were still conducting interviews.

The excel form states that the results would be released to all interview candidates by May 2015. Very anxious for the release of this result because I submitted my application before the release of 2015 A level results this year (took my a levels in 2012).

If you've received a reply, do let me know so that I can have a little bit of hope =)

Hi! Can I ask when is your interview? I applied for the teaching scholarships through the psc gateway during march this year and got an email saying that my application was referred to moe. Still waiting for them to call me up for an interview...

wakakka
04-24-2015, 10:27 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in but has anyone here applied for MOE-AU scholarship? It's a new scholarship just offered this year :)

Aleoca333
04-26-2015, 11:45 AM
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in but has anyone here applied for MOE-AU scholarship? It's a new scholarship just offered this year :)

Me! I went for the first interview sometime in mid April. No reply yet :(. What about you?

wakakka
04-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Me! I went for the first interview sometime in mid April. No reply yet :(. What about you?

im actually a midterm applicant (but i haven't submitted my application because midterm deadline is 31 may) do you mind sharing your grades/uas with me via PM? i would like to know my chances too.. also, did you go for a psychometric test?

gabsim168
05-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Hi,

I'd also like to know when was your interview! Cos I went for the interview in March, but up to now I still haven't received any call or email from MOE. It's been quite some time already so I doubt my chances of getting it are high...

Anyone knows if they only call up successful applicants after all interviews have been conducted? Or are you supposed to get a call within a few days from your interview?

Hi! I had my interview on 9 March. Recently, PSC had sent me an email stating that I did not receive the scholarship. However, I also applied for the teaching award. I sent an email to the admin for MOE Scholarships and he didnt reply me. So for those who've received replies, could you post here? I dont know if i'm to expect a phone call, an email or a letter. The admin previously told me that everyone will receive notification regardless of results.

JCboy1996
05-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Hi guys, anyone called up for MOE TS already! Just checking on the process and questions! Appreciate all replies ;)

Elevator94
05-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Hey,

Anyone received the follow-up package already? Esp for the NS guys that accept the offer some time back and are starting uni this year!

gabsim168
05-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Hey,

Anyone received the follow-up package already? Esp for the NS guys that accept the offer some time back and are starting uni this year!

Hi,

You accepted the offer? Is this for the teaching award or scholarship? Many of us are still waiting for the admin to get back to us whether we are eligible for the award...

gabsim168
05-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Hi guys, anyone called up for MOE TS already! Just checking on the process and questions! Appreciate all replies ;)

Hi,

By that do you mean called for interview?

Elevator94
05-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Hi,

You accepted the offer? Is this for the teaching award or scholarship? Many of us are still waiting for the admin to get back to us whether we are eligible for the award...

Yup but it was last year and they have no updates on it till now... Took my A's in 2012 btw. It was for the scholarship. You went for the teaching scholarship interview this year?

gabsim168
05-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Yup but it was last year and they have no updates on it till now... Took my A's in 2012 btw. It was for the scholarship. You went for the teaching scholarship interview this year?

Hi,

The interview that I went for was labelled "MOE SCHOLARSHIP/AWARD INTERVIEW"

I too took my A levels in 2012, but I only applied this year. I was rejected by PSC but idk if MOE has rejected me for the award as well. Should I call them? Because I feel that I might be bugging them too much

Elevator94
05-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Hi,

The interview that I went for was labelled "MOE SCHOLARSHIP/AWARD INTERVIEW"

I too took my A levels in 2012, but I only applied this year. I was rejected by PSC but idk if MOE has rejected me for the award as well. Should I call them? Because I feel that I might be bugging them too much

Oh, i guess you can always email them. But they don't reply their email much either. Calling the scholarship officer directly will be better, but i doubt they pick up the phone! Tried calling them last time but to no avail :/ They do send rejection mails though.

gabsim168
05-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Hi Guys! So I've called up the admin for the award and he told me that the interviews are still ongoing.

I asked him for a rough date and he said that the results should be released by end May via email.

Hope this helps!

JCboy1996
05-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Hi guys, just did my interview and psychometric assessment this week... Just checking if anyone knows why are some (like me) called up for the assessment?? My friend applied as well and he didn't have to go through it

underwaternow
05-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Hi! I received the call from MOE informing me that I've bene shortlisted for an interview next week, but they didn't specify a time (only said it will be from 2-6pm). Does anyone know if they send a confirmation email before the day of the interview? And how many days before will they send it? :confused:

kobe1993
05-29-2015, 10:26 AM
So apparently today is the last day of May and still no reply from MOE.... Its like they're trying to weed out people who are unwilling to wait for their reply.
To give it more context, i went for my interview on 11 March 2015. So its gonna be 3months soon =(

gabsim168
06-01-2015, 08:13 AM
So apparently today is the last day of May and still no reply from MOE.... Its like they're trying to weed out people who are unwilling to wait for their reply.
To give it more context, i went for my interview on 11 March 2015. So its gonna be 3months soon =(

Dear Kobe1993,

I'm sorry to inform you that they've sent out the replies since 19 May. If what you say is true, then please don't lose hope. There might be people who reject this award, so I think they might send out a second round of letters/interviews.

kobe1993
06-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Dear Kobe1993,

I'm sorry to inform you that they've sent out the replies since 19 May. If what you say is true, then please don't lose hope. There might be people who reject this award, so I think they might send out a second round of letters/interviews.

@gabsim168, i really appreciate your reply. I hope you got what you wanted/needed and all the best for your upcoming university education :)

In the meantime, i shall wait awhile longer before emailing MOE regarding the lack of rejection email.

pigscanfly
06-02-2015, 02:27 PM
@gabsim168, i really appreciate your reply. I hope you got what you wanted/needed and all the best for your upcoming university education :)

In the meantime, i shall wait awhile longer before emailing MOE regarding the lack of rejection email.

Hey, I've been waiting since late FEBRUARY 2015 but they still haven't replied. So let's just hope for the best? :o

kobe1993
06-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Hey, I've been waiting since late FEBRUARY 2015 but they still haven't replied. So let's just hope for the best? :o

I appreciate how you create an account just to post this reply :). Yeah lets hope for the best together. Good to know that there are other people on the same boat.

Are you a mid-term applicant too?

pigscanfly
06-03-2015, 08:01 AM
I appreciate how you create an account just to post this reply :). Yeah lets hope for the best together. Good to know that there are other people on the same boat.

Are you a mid-term applicant too?

Nope, I took my As last year :) I emailed them a few times but they're still processing! So I honestly have no idea what the outcome will be like... :confused: :confused: But I know they've been giving out teaching awards already!

gabsim168
06-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Nope, I took my As last year :) I emailed them a few times but they're still processing! So I honestly have no idea what the outcome will be like... :confused: :confused: But I know they've been giving out teaching awards already!

Hi,

As I know, they've been sending out replies since 19 May. Did you go for the interview though? And may I know if you've completed NS? Some of my friends who applied only get it in the year which they will matriculate into Uni.

kobe1993
06-03-2015, 09:01 AM

Hi,

As I know, they've been sending out replies since 19 May. Did you go for the interview though? And may I know if you've completed NS? Some of my friends who applied only get it in the year which they will matriculate into Uni.

i see. I took my As in 2011 lol. I have already completed a year in NUS but i'm kinda tired of working part time and studying at the same time, so i decided to cash in my grades for a scholarship and job I'm interested in.

@gabsim168, do you know if they send out their replies through physical mail or emails? Thank You.

pigscanfly
06-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Hi,

I'm a girl, don't need to go through NS. :p I went for the interview late Feb! Do you know if anyone received overseas scholarships? :)

poohloveshoney
06-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have only heard that moe has send out results for teaching awards and teaching scholarship. Not really sure about the overseas scholarship. However from what I have read on the moe website, the overseas scholarships are psc-administered.
Hope this helps! And all the best!

gabsim168
06-04-2015, 11:54 AM
i see. I took my As in 2011 lol. I have already completed a year in NUS but i'm kinda tired of working part time and studying at the same time, so i decided to cash in my grades for a scholarship and job I'm interested in.

@gabsim168, do you know if they send out their replies through physical mail or emails? Thank You.

Hi,they send out the replies via email, but you have to reply them using snail mail =)

@Pigscanfly I think that overseas scholarships are handled by PSC and not MOE. you should be soliciting a reply from PSC, and they've sent out rejection emails since late april. I was rejected by PSC for local scholarship.

underwaternow
06-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Hi,they send out the replies via email, but you have to reply them using snail mail =)

@Pigscanfly I think that overseas scholarships are handled by PSC and not MOE. you should be soliciting a reply from PSC, and they've sent out rejection emails since late april. I was rejected by PSC for local scholarship.

even the MOE (overseas) scholarships?

pigscanfly
06-05-2015, 10:10 AM
even the MOE (overseas) scholarships?

MOE does give out overseas scholarships for teaching :)

whitenight
06-09-2015, 03:56 PM
http://www.education.go.ke/home/index.php/2014-05-25-10-16-51

JCboy1996
06-23-2015, 05:24 AM
Applied for TS and eventually got offered TA. Anyone mind sharing the differences between the two apart from the pre-studies allowance and monthly allowance differences? Do TS and TA holders go through the same process (additional programmes etc during graduate studies period etc.)

Elevator94
06-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Applied for TS and eventually got offered TA. Anyone mind sharing the differences between the two apart from the pre-studies allowance and monthly allowance differences? Do TS and TA holders go through the same process (additional programmes etc during graduate studies period etc.)

Allowance wise, I don't think there's a difference between TA and TS as both are pegged to the current rates given by government/ stat boards. I guess the difference between both are the career paths intended for each of the holders. The activities planned out for TA and TS holders will vary slightly throughout the undergraduate studies too but mostly similar.

Btw, you signed your agreement with MOE yet?

JCboy1996
06-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Allowance wise, I don't think there's a difference between TA and TS as both are pegged to the current rates given by government/ stat boards. I guess the difference between both are the career paths intended for each of the holders. The activities planned out for TA and TS holders will vary slightly throughout the undergraduate studies too but mostly similar.

Btw, you signed your agreement with MOE yet?

Hi I have not signed, just received their email last night (offer package). Thanks for the clarification

gabsim168
06-24-2015, 12:07 AM
Hi I have not signed, just received their email last night (offer package). Thanks for the clarification

Hi, I'm currently waiting for the medical exam before signing the agreement. How come you received yours so late? I got mine like a month ago.

underwaternow
06-25-2015, 12:05 AM
Hi, does anyone know if they're still sending out replies / are already sending out rejection letters? I had my interview a month and a week before and still have not heard back from MOE..

Elevator94
06-25-2015, 12:47 AM
Hi, does anyone know if they're still sending out replies / are already sending out rejection letters? I had my interview a month and a week before and still have not heard back from MOE..

Are you matriculating this year? If you're not then they could still be processing the application and may only reply you a few months later.

kobe1993
06-25-2015, 09:29 AM

Hi underwaternow,

I'm kinda like in the predicament as you, except that i've waited for over 3.5 months for my rejection email or whatever. I've emailed the admin and they replied that they're still "processing" and would send a reply whether you're accepted or rejected.

Hope that helps. I'm a mid-term applicant btw.

pigscanfly
06-25-2015, 08:04 PM

Hey, I waited for 3.5months and just received last week. However it's TA to study in NTU-NIE so I probably will not be taking it up. Good luck and be patient! :)

underwaternow
06-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Are you matriculating this year? If you're not then they could still be processing the application and may only reply you a few months later.

yes I am! I heard that some people got replies up to August last year but I'm getting a little worried anyway. But thanks for the reply :-)

underwaternow
06-26-2015, 12:15 AM
Hi underwaternow,

I'm kinda like in the predicament as you, except that i've waited for over 3.5 months for my rejection email or whatever. I've emailed the admin and they replied that they're still "processing" and would send a reply whether you're accepted or rejected.

Hope that helps. I'm a mid-term applicant btw.

Hi! Thanks so much. It definitely makes me feel hopeful. Good luck with your application too :-)

Hey, I waited for 3.5months and just received last week. However it's TA to study in NTU-NIE so I probably will not be taking it up. Good luck and be patient! :)

Hello! I see.. I hope I get a reply soon then. Thanks so much for your reply. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next too :-)

Elevator94
06-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Anyone received any update on agreement signing?

floppy
06-26-2015, 11:39 AM
yes I am! I heard that some people got replies up to August last year but I'm getting a little worried anyway. But thanks for the reply :-)
Hi underwaternow!

If you need more reassurance, I applied for MOE TA as a mid term applicant as well. Still waiting for a reply too. :) Seems like MOE is processing in batches and i guess it would make more sense that mid term applicants are processed last. :)

wakakka
06-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Hi underwaternow!

If you need more reassurance, I applied for MOE TA as a mid term applicant as well. Still waiting for a reply too. :) Seems like MOE is processing in batches and i guess it would make more sense that mid term applicants are processed last. :)

Hi! im a mid-term applicant as well but i applied around the last week of may before the deadline... have you gone through the interview already? i havent even gone thru the interview and havent received any rejection yet >_>

kobe1993
06-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Hi! im a mid-term applicant as well but i applied around the last week of may before the deadline... have you gone through the interview already? i havent even gone thru the interview and havent received any rejection yet >_>

Hi, mid-term applicant too. When i applied, the deadline for application was march and the latest date for interview notification was end may. If there wasn't any notification to go for interview, it meant instant rejection.

Since your application deadline was end may, i'm not really sure when the cut-off for interview notification should be. Have you looked through the application package? they should have mentioned it (at least mine did).

floppy
06-26-2015, 08:02 PM

Hello! Sounds like you applied through psc for TS since your deadline was in may. For TA, the application deadline was 1st March.

If you did apply to psc, they should have replied you via email by now even if its rejection/not shortlisted. :confused: Have you tried emailing them?

maskwhy
06-28-2015, 06:30 PM

Hey there. I'm a mid-term applicant too – I applied for the MOE-AU scholarship. I was contacted for a Skype interview two weeks ago, and I have another scheduled for this week. Forgive me if this sounds like humble-bragging: I was looking for information for the MOE-AU scholarship too and came across this thread. I hope you hear good news soon, and good luck!

floppy
07-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Hey guys!

Just recieved an email from MOE! Do check your emails and best of luck! (:

kobe1993
07-07-2015, 05:59 AM
Hey guys!

Just recieved an email from MOE! Do check your emails and best of luck! (:

Good to know that you've got your reply! sadly i'm still waiting lol.

Whitechoco
11-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Hi have any current undergraduates received replies for the teaching award application submitted by 8 Nov??

justabottle
11-23-2015, 09:19 PM
Hi, I applied for the Undergraduate teaching award as well, but I havent gotten any reply :(

Whitechoco
11-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi, I applied for the Undergraduate teaching award as well, but I havent gotten any reply :(

Yeahhhh but on the form they said interviews would be done in Nov. what year are u in? I'm year 1 using Alevel results to apply 'cause I haven't got a cap yet

justabottle
11-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Yeahhhh but on the form they said interviews would be done in Nov. what year are u in? I'm year 1 using Alevel results to apply 'cause I haven't got a cap yet

SMU, year 3 student. Yeah, but they also sent an email saying that if we don't receive any emails from them latest by end of dec, then we can safely say we are rejected :(

Whitechoco
11-29-2015, 08:47 AM
SMU, year 3 student. Yeah, but they also sent an email saying that if we don't receive any emails from them latest by end of dec, then we can safely say we are rejected :(

They said "december 2015" , not end of dec though :/ Anyway tell me once you receive any news kay! thanks :)

justabottle
11-30-2015, 03:19 PM
They said "december 2015" , not end of dec though :/ Anyway tell me once you receive any news kay! thanks :)

Sure! Update me too! :)