PDA

View Full Version : Relief Teaching

Junior college notes
01-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Hi all
i'm currently considering if i wanna be a relief teacher and i would greatly appreciate it if those who have relief teaching experience can share it with me. Firstly, i have a few questions.
-for those relief teachers that go into the classroom and tells the class to keep quiet and those that really conduct lessons do they require under different schemes with MOE?
-what schools have you been to for relief teaching and hows the experience like?
-for the untrained teachers regristered with moe will the school ask them to go for courses first before engaging them in an assignment?
i would greatly appreciate your sharing of relief teaching experience. thanks lots :)

JensenDrake2
01-14-2015, 01:25 PM
The Relief Teaching Scheme and Scheme for Relief Educators allows schools to employ relief teachers or relief educators to fill classroom vacancies on a short-term basis, where they will take on classroom teaching duties.

The Relief Teaching Scheme registers trained candidates (i.e. with a teaching qualification). Many of our former teachers are in our pool of relief teachers and continue to contribute their knowledge and expertise to the Education Service.

The Scheme for Relief Educators registers untrained candidates (i.e. without a teaching qualification). Besides meeting school’s temporary manpower shortfall, it provides an avenue for individuals who are interested in developing a challenging and satisfying career in the Education Service - but are unsure of their own suitability to be a teacher - to experience what it is like being a teacher.

DavidChoy
02-16-2015, 02:02 AM
My friend been through this and all i can say is: Easy Money!