PDA

View Full Version : Any dumping courses in nus or ntu?

gambette
12-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I am quite worried of my results
i mean i got 70+ for prelims and after reading the forum i felt that it insufficient for me to get into the course i want
i'm not a rich kid so i can only consider these 2 uni
so im very desperate jus get a bacholar degree

Ashearo
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
You sound a lot like what we do not wish people become - studying for the sake of a piece of paper.

You said you scored 70+... over 90 points? I don't think that you will end up in a "dumping" ground. In fact I thing that term is just downright derogatory. Theres no use worrying now. Instead, you should try to boost your portfolio from now until University applications open. That is what you should be worrying about.

And of course I think that you should do what you are interested in rather than just study anything you can get into. Its better to study something you love and excel in, in a private university, rather than study something you totally dislike and have no future in, at NUS/NTU.

LockT31W
12-13-2008, 02:10 PM
^^ I do believe some people really don't have the luxury to choose the courses they want. Given this situation, society would still demand that they earn degrees just for the sake of it. It's like the minimum requirement these days.

studygm
02-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Do not worry. You should start finding something you are really interested in doing rather than just focus on that bachelor degree.
SIM could be one option too if the 2 unis you are referring to do not accept you.
'Dumping ground'... it really varies from 1 year to another. For a good guide of which are 'dumping grounds', just look at the cut off grades the unis have released.