PDA

View Full Version : career prospects of studying life sciences

hydra
03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey one and all!

i would like to ask if you study life science, wat are the posible careers? is it true that you have to study until phD or masters before you can find a decent job in the research industry?

yanshuo
03-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi, I have moved this thread to the appropriate forum. Please browse through here first to see if there are already any answers to your questions.

CINS
03-09-2009, 09:56 PM
ah! im thinking of going for life sciences too!
i doubt we can do anything other than researcher/teacher! ):

billthegeek
03-10-2009, 12:44 AM
The general prerequisite for becoming a researcher or university professor in any science field is a PhD. :cool: I expect it would be the same for life science.

CINS
03-10-2009, 12:46 AM
oh no! that means we really need to study till that high to get a decent job!

billthegeek
03-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Hmm... I think there should be jobs as a researcher for life science bachelor degree graduates. At least this is what the NUS website says:

http://www.lifesciences.nus.edu.sg/about.htm#Prospects

Life Sciences graduates will see potential career opportunities in Research Institutes, Government Ministries and Statutory Boards such as National Parks Board and Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA). Many of our graduates work as teachers in Schools, Junior Colleges, Polytechnics and Universities. They are suitably trained to work in biotech and pharmaceutical MNCs as well as local start-ups.

But I'm not too sure about this. Anyone knows more info life science?

stillconfused
03-15-2009, 10:52 PM
hi...i'm also considering life sciences. i'm currently caught between pharmacy and life sciences. NUS does not give the programme outline for life sciences so i do not know the modules available. this makes me hard to decided whether or not to take life sciences. does anyone know what are the modules available for life sciences?

pnrcewpuyqrvf
10-14-2010, 03:25 PM
read this thread:

http://forum.brightsparks.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3619