PDA

View Full Version : OCBC Scholarship

kitkat
04-30-2008, 11:25 AM
i applied and went for the interview... anyone knows if results are out? no news... sigh

sunshine89
04-30-2008, 01:36 PM
i applied and went for the interview... anyone knows if results are out? no news... sigh

Hello Kitkat..i haven heard from them as well..they told me early may the results will be out..I really hope i'll be selected for the OCBC scholarship..it seems so attractive with internships at the bank itself..so let's just wait patiently:D

kitkat
04-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Hello Kitkat..i haven heard from them as well..they told me early may the results will be out..I really hope i'll be selected for the OCBC scholarship..it seems so attractive with internships at the bank itself..so let's just wait patiently:D

oh tts reassuring... i do hope to hear from them soon at least

all the best to u too! and do notify me in this forum if u do receive a reply from them :)

clover
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
are you guys aware if the ocbc interviews are all over? i submitted my application but never got anything back from them... suppose it's gone.

kitkat
04-30-2008, 10:16 PM
are you guys aware if the ocbc interviews are all over? i submitted my application but never got anything back from them... suppose it's gone.

the interviews were held two weeks ago. i had went for it and no news yet :(.... but according to those ppl, only 30 out of 500++ applicants were shortlisted

sunshine89
04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
haha..i was glad u posted this..at least I noe there is sb who is waiting patiently for it just like me=D

Is there second round of interview or do they just choose from the pool of 30 ppl did you ask them??

oh tts reassuring... i do hope to hear from them soon at least

all the best to u too! and do notify me in this forum if u do receive a reply from them :)

kitkat
05-01-2008, 12:04 AM
haha..i was glad u posted this..at least I noe there is sb who is waiting patiently for it just like me=D

Is there second round of interview or do they just choose from the pool of 30 ppl did you ask them??

hi. theres only one round according to them. and they say may only shortlist only 6 out of the 30.

i forgot to ask them when results will be out :o

but i guess we wait till mid may as u say? :)

sunshine89
05-01-2008, 12:06 AM
hahax..thanks for asking on my behalf!! yup..they told me early may as far as I can rmb..but is taking kinda long rite..hahax..it has been 2 weeks le leh..but maybe since there is only 1 round..they may take more time to consider..hopefully:)

btw wat course n where are u intending to study??

hi. theres only one round according to them. and they say may only shortlist only 6 out of the 30.

i forgot to ask them when results will be out :o

but i guess we wait till mid may as u say? :)

kitkat
05-01-2008, 11:13 AM
hahax..thanks for asking on my behalf!! yup..they told me early may as far as I can rmb..but is taking kinda long rite..hahax..it has been 2 weeks le leh..but maybe since there is only 1 round..they may take more time to consider..hopefully:)

btw wat course n where are u intending to study??

im applying chem eng. wat abt you? :)

sunshine89
05-01-2008, 07:45 PM
i wanna study business and accountancy...ok gd luck..hope to hear from them and hear gd news from u as well:D
im applying chem eng. wat abt you? :)

kitkat
05-01-2008, 10:15 PM
i wanna study business and accountancy...ok gd luck..hope to hear from them and hear gd news from u as well:D

thanks i do wish you hear the good news from them too :)

keep me posted if they reply you :)

kitkat
05-07-2008, 01:04 PM
hmm any news yet? waiting impatiently:o

sunshine89
05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
hello kitkat..not yet..think im calling the HR officer from OCBC who called me previously to ask if the results are out..just curious:)

hmm any news yet? waiting impatiently:o

king
05-08-2008, 10:17 PM
I just received the email yesterday (7 May) informing me that I have been offered the OCBC scholarship.

In the mail it also says that the official letter stating the terms and conditions will come at a later date, and I must revert by May 30.

sunshine89
05-09-2008, 01:49 PM
congrats king!:):D;) haiz my hopes are dashed for the OCBC scholarship then..nvm i'll try harder for the rest..

I just received the email yesterday (7 May) informing me that I have been offered the OCBC scholarship.

In the mail it also says that the official letter stating the terms and conditions will come at a later date, and I must revert by May 30.

ilovelaiyin
11-24-2008, 10:57 AM
hi guys, am planning to apply for OCBC next yr, just wondering wad goes on during the interview(specific questions they ask?) and how much abt the organisation they expect you to know....

anybody?

appledeer
02-18-2009, 06:18 PM
the website said applications are only processed through NUS and NUT?

yanshuo
02-19-2009, 09:12 AM
That is for international students. If I am not wrong the application for local students will only open after the release of A Levels results

Ashearo
02-19-2009, 11:26 AM
hi guys, am planning to apply for OCBC next yr, just wondering wad goes on during the interview(specific questions they ask?) and how much abt the organisation they expect you to know....

anybody?

It is generally good for any applicant to read up briefly on the potential organisation that they are going to apply to.

It is also generally pointless to tell you specific questions that scholarship organisations ask. You should already be prepared (or try to prepare) for the generic questions that they ask. Like they will ask you to tell them about yourself, what makes you so special from others, how can you contribute to the organisation, what makes you interested in what you wanna study, why did you apply for their scholarship, what other scholarships did you apply for and why, what will you do if you were offered more than one scholarship etc. These are generic questions.

Often, the interviewers will ask you questions based on your answers to test if you can think on the spot. These questions, cant really be predicted. Hope this helps.

If you need help or tips to answer those questions, you can look for the scholarship department in your school (you should have one). They should offer you tips on how to express yourself, dressing, posture and etc.

johnny
03-02-2009, 11:07 PM
hi, does anyone know whether this scholarship can be 'deferred'? i'm currently still in ns, will be ording end of this year and starting school in 2010. is it possible for me to apply now, or should i only apply next year?

yanshuo
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM
I think there is no reason why they shouldn't hold your scholarship for you if you are awarded. Every sponsor agency I know of does that.

johnny
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I think there is no reason why they shouldn't hold your scholarship for you if you are awarded. Every sponsor agency I know of does that.

i would have thought this to be the same as well, but it is stated explicitly in their eligibility criteria that they require 'Male Singapore citizens who have completed National Service.'

it's a bit ambiguous in this case, if they referring to eligibility to apply for the scholarship, then i wouldn't be qualified. either way, i reckon i'll send in the application first and see how things go.

yanshuo
03-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Hmm looks like I have generalised wrongly. Haha if you would like to save yourself the trouble, might be better to just call/email them first..

johnny
03-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Hmm looks like I have generalised wrongly. Haha if you would like to save yourself the trouble, might be better to just call/email them first..

can't seem to find any contact numbers or email addresses. will probably just work out an application and send it in anyway. it's quite an enticing scholarship after all. :D

king
03-09-2009, 02:00 PM
i would have thought this to be the same as well, but it is stated explicitly in their eligibility criteria that they require 'Male Singapore citizens who have completed National Service.'

it's a bit ambiguous in this case, if they referring to eligibility to apply for the scholarship, then i wouldn't be qualified. either way, i reckon i'll send in the application first and see how things go.

I suggest you confirm over phone, and not just send the application blindly, it'll give a bad impression to them if they see you trying to stretch the rule and waste their time with an additional document.

ssx
03-14-2009, 05:29 PM
As far as I know, for us enlistees, we have to finish NS, then apply for the scholarship, which means we can only apply for it at this time in 2011. Meanwhile, perhaps we should try our luck with the rest. ^^".

Shar-
03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
hi.. i am a little confused. is this scholarship open to females?
the website says eligibility critera: male Sg who has completed NS.
its quite misleading though. are they trying to say male can only apply after NS or only male can apply? another question here, if i m not intending to go into banking industry, will my chances of gettting this scholarship be lower?

thanks alot..(=

king
03-15-2009, 06:37 PM
hi.. i am a little confused. is this scholarship open to females?
the website says eligibility critera: male Sg who has completed NS.
its quite misleading though. are they trying to say male can only apply after NS or only male can apply? another question here, if i m not intending to go into banking industry, will my chances of gettting this scholarship be lower?

thanks alot..(=

of course it is open to the ladies, that requirement is just for the guys

no, yr chances will not be affected, as long as you can link yr future plans to the scholarship itself, and not just the banking/financial sector. basically, you must know what you want to do with yr studies and life

i was offered OCBC even though i'm studying law and did not promise them during the interview that i will do financial stuff. my friend, a fellow scholar, is doing chem engine. most importantly ask yourself what YOU want to study, and not what the bank wants

Shar-
03-15-2009, 09:25 PM
i see. thanks so much for the clarification. but i guess its pretty competitive. other than grades are there any other aspects they look at? and are there any conditions to keep the scholarship throughout the course of study?

thank you so much=)

whistler1990
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
can i apply for ocbc scholarship even tho i intend to do medicine?

king
03-16-2009, 02:27 PM
i see. thanks so much for the clarification. but i guess its pretty competitive. other than grades are there any other aspects they look at? and are there any conditions to keep the scholarship throughout the course of study?

thank you so much=)

standard stuff, besides grade they'll be focusing alot on yr cca.

just pass the uni's exams and maintain good conduct. need to send them uni result slip every year. other than that no other special conditions to keep the scholarship

king
03-16-2009, 02:28 PM
can i apply for ocbc scholarship even tho i intend to do medicine?

you can try applying, but i doubt they'll even call you up for interview

mangoekiwi
03-19-2009, 04:26 PM
how do we even apply for the OCBC Scholarship? I don't see any link to an application form that we have to fill up. Furthermore, the website does not seem to be updated since it says that "application for 2005 awards is now closed."

piejesu
03-19-2009, 06:31 PM
HI all! I'm a Year1 Ntu undergraduate. Can i still apply for OCBC scholarship?
Does OCBC prefer to give scholarship to students who are more oriented towards chinese culture and stuff? As the name implies...

king
03-20-2009, 11:56 PM
HI all! I'm a Year1 Ntu undergraduate. Can i still apply for OCBC scholarship?
Does OCBC prefer to give scholarship to students who are more oriented towards chinese culture and stuff? As the name implies...

i'm not sure about current undergraduate, perhaps you can call them up to verify

and to yr second qn, absolute NO. it has got nothing to do with chinese culture, so don't worry abt it :)

btw, my friend who is also an OCBC scholar is a Malay.

piejesu
03-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi King

REalised that there's the University results segment in the application. So shld be applicable for Undergraduates also. I have applied for it. Any idea on when they will call up ppl for interview? And also, how will they inform the candidates? By phone or email?

Many thanks!!!

Shar-
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
hi all,

yea.. anybody shortlisted yet? the application has closed for quite some time, i wonder if shortlisted candidates are informed already.
thanks..

piejesu
04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Hey

I also havent received any news. Keeping fingers crossed. Heh.

Shar-
04-10-2009, 12:23 AM
hi all,

jus wondering if any seniors can give interview tips. ocbc is a bond-less scholarship, hence qns pertaining to "how u can contribute to ocbc" is not very applicable. so wad else can we expect?
thanks.

king
04-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi King

REalised that there's the University results segment in the application. So shld be applicable for Undergraduates also. I have applied for it. Any idea on when they will call up ppl for interview? And also, how will they inform the candidates? By phone or email?

Many thanks!!!

by phone and email

I received phone call first last year, still rmb it was 7 Apr, so yup, should be around now

king
04-10-2009, 08:31 AM
hi all,

jus wondering if any seniors can give interview tips. ocbc is a bond-less scholarship, hence qns pertaining to "how u can contribute to ocbc" is not very applicable. so wad else can we expect?
thanks.

expect talking about yr CCAs, your aspiration, and how you want to contribute back to society in future, and how OCBC scholarship is relevant to yr future plan

piejesu
04-10-2009, 10:24 AM
by phone and email

I received phone call first last year, still rmb it was 7 Apr, so yup, should be around now

Ok thanks. Still haven received anything yet. Sigh. Think gone case le.
:(

RL2438
04-10-2009, 05:30 PM
hi all, i received an email on tuesday informing of an interview. does anyone know how many interviewers there are and roughly what kind of qns will be asked? thanks.

Shar-
04-10-2009, 09:57 PM
hi

thanks king for the reply. but can anybody advice on dress code and and pre-empt us on how the interview will be like. is it a group interview with several interviewee in the room? will they be a long panel of interviewers (that make u feel uncomfortable?)
thanks all.

wsf
04-17-2009, 11:20 AM
hey.

i was also informed of an interview.
yea, wondering whether it wld be 1 interviewee or more =x

loststudent
05-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi, has anyone received any news yet? I heard that the results will be out in early May?

loststudent
05-12-2009, 07:57 AM
anyone heard from them??

wsf
05-12-2009, 02:01 PM
i've not heard from them too =(

i've got a feeling i wont get it. kinda messed up my interview.

=( ahhhhh

Shar-
05-13-2009, 11:36 PM
hey all,
it has been 3 weeks since the interview.. i kind of screwed up the interview too. so maybe its over for me too bah.. how did urs when?

loststudent
05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
My interview was rather short, they didn't really ask much so I guessed I didn't say much either. Really have no idea how it went actually. Shouldn't we at least be informed if we are rejected or that they have made a decision?

Shar-
05-14-2009, 10:21 AM
i think they wouldnt bother rejected ppl. my interview was super short too. as if they are not interested to hear much from me. haiz.. anyway according to the seniors, they shortlist only very few candidates. so pin ur hopes on other scholarship if u have..

mk2rick
05-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I've got the offer 2 weeks ago. so yeah.. accepted it.

donut
07-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey, anyone knows whether the interview results are out already?

steve1990
03-17-2010, 05:20 PM
There is this clause stated on the website that only male Singapore citizens who have completed National Service are eligible. I've yet to complete NS (11 more months to go). Does it mean I've got to complete my NS and then I'm eligible to apply (ie. apply next year), or does it mean that the scholarship, if awarded, will be deferred and will only be awarded to me once I complete my NS.

Haecceity
03-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Yes, it means you have to complete NS before applying.

jane
04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
has ocbc alrdy shortlisted ppl for 2010 interviews?

wsf
04-09-2010, 12:30 AM
i guess so, cos i've heard from them =)

all the best to u!

Pan89
06-01-2010, 10:09 AM
I went for the interview on 15 April 2010. got the call (and subsequently the email and letter) from them on 21 May 2010. that's more than a month later, even though the administrator told me after i was interviewed that I'd hear from them latest within 2 weeks IF i am selected. I am taking Chemical Engineering & Economics double at NUS, starting this year.

the terms and conditions of the scholarship is rather ambiguous though. Anyone has who were (or just got) offered the scholarship as well?

yragrag
08-19-2012, 12:50 PM
May I know the grades of those who were called up for interview?

Lightningstar23
05-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Heyy guys! Anyone here went for the ocbc scholarship interview already? If yes, has anyone gotten the interview outcome? Went for my interview last month and still waiting anxiously for the result :(

jasubobo
05-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Heyy guys! Anyone here went for the ocbc scholarship interview already? If yes, has anyone gotten the interview outcome? Went for my interview last month and still waiting anxiously for the result :(
Hey there Yeap I just received the notification that I got it yesterday!

Lightningstar23
05-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Hey there Yeap I just received the notification that I got it yesterday!

Ohh congrats! When did u go for the interview? And you got in under medicine in nus right?