PDA

View Full Version : which uni offers the best aerospace/aeronautical engineering course?

gunner
04-18-2009, 11:42 PM
i'm thinking of going to aust to study aero eng. do you guys think that this course in australia is better than the one offered in NTU?

xm105
04-19-2009, 06:22 PM
understand that not many universities offer aerospace/aeronaut as an undergrad degree to start with. this subject is more commonly done postgrad. so u'll find that many unis offer sth like mech eng w/ aerospace minor.

i've reserved a place at ntu aerospace, if i do accept it, i'll try to finish it in 3yrs thn do the M.Eng overseas. i'm also looking at nus's global engineering program which is also some B.Eng in 3yrs and a M.Eng or M.Sc in the yr4. it makes more sense financially if you're self-sponsored as aussie engineering can cost AU15-30k for internationals.

lonestarz
04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Just for your information, ABP programmes in NTU only allow you to complete the course in 3.5 years and not 3 years. Besides, completing an engineering degree from the school of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering faculty in NTU in the standard 4 year is hard as it is.

I'm not sure about Australia Universities. Here are some others that I know of that offers very good Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering programmes.

UK - Cranfield university(They have a runway in the university ^^)
Netherlands - TU Delft
States - Georgia tech, Embry Riddle

Others that might be of interest to you: Sweden - KTM Stockolm(teach in english), Germany - Univerity of Stuttgart(I think they teach in german though).

If your finances are fine I would suggest going to Europe to pursue an Aerosapce Engineering Degree. Reason being the curriculum are better, long lineage, attachment opportunities are higher and most importantly your chances in getting an OEM job is higher. OEM deals with the actual design of the plane and we don't do that in Singapore. Singaproe deals nearly 100% on MRO which to sum it up is repair work.

So up to your own discretion what you chose eh! :D

patryn33
05-22-2009, 06:27 AM
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2. Stanford University (CA)
3. California Institute of Technology
4. Georgia Institute of Technology
University of Michigan–Ann Arbor
6. Princeton University (NJ)
Purdue University–West Lafayette (IN)
University of Texas–Austin
9. Cornell University (NY)
University of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign
University of Maryland–College Park
12. Penn State University–University Park
University of California–Los Angeles
University of Colorado–Boulder
15. Texas A&M University–College Station
University of Southern California (Andrew and Erna Viterbi)
Virginia Tech
18. University of California–San Diego (Jacobs)
University of Minnesota–Twin Cities
University of Washington

states: the above list of Uni are decent too.
Purdue has the lowest admission requirement.
Cheapest will be Minnesota

Sweden - KTM Stockolm??? can provide a link? no idea which school U are talking about.
http://www.studyinsweden.se/Universities/Browse-alphabetically/

acanthophis
07-10-2009, 01:25 PM
i'm thinking of going to aust to study aero eng. do you guys think that this course in australia is better than the one offered in NTU?

I don't know which one is the best frankly.

My cousin studied at UWA and he is a consultant engineer for Boeing now.