Financial Analysts,
Financial Examiners,
Actuaries,
Treasurers and Controllers,
Accountants,
Budget Analysts,
Auditors and
Financial Managers

are some what similar. So can i switch job among this if i just got a degree in Business or Accountancy? And do anyone know what is the starting pay of these jobs?

I am very confuse about careers in Finance and Banking, so can anyone who knows more about these areas please enlighten me?:)

spencer
02-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Financial Analysts, - in investment banks? very hard, even for middle office Equity Research roles
Financial Examiners, .......
Actuaries, - You need to study a Maths and Stats course, science school
Treasurers and Controllers, - ....
Accountants, - very easy, just get an accounting degree from NTU and you are gua a job at Big 4
Budget Analysts, - same as above
Auditors and - same as above
Financial Managers - even easier.

Hi,

It seems to me that the career in areas like:

Financial Analysts,
Financial Examiners,
Actuaries,
Accountants,
Budget Analysts,
Auditors and
Financial Managers

are some what similar. So can i switch job among this if i just got a degree in Business or Accountancy? And do anyone know what is the starting pay of these jobs?

I am very confuse about careers in Finance and Banking, so can anyone who knows more about these areas please enlighten me?:)

miles.205
03-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Maybe I can help you. You should check out this resource on opportunities in the financial industry (http://alum.hampshire.edu/~iwf06/financial-career.html) that offers some useful information. I hope you find the right job for you.

spencer
03-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Maybe I can help you. You should check out this resource on opportunities in the financial industry (http://alum.hampshire.edu/~iwf06/financial-career.html) that offers some useful information. I hope you find the right job for you.

Not helpful at all

anorchard
05-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Financial Analysts, - in investment banks? very hard, even for middle office Equity Research roles
Financial Examiners, .......
Actuaries, - You need to study a Maths and Stats course, science school
Treasurers and Controllers, - ....
Accountants, - very easy, just get an accounting degree from NTU and you are gua a job at Big 4
Budget Analysts, - same as above
Auditors and - same as above
Financial Managers - even easier.

I don't think anyone considers equity research to be a middle office role given that analysts see clients as well.

In fact, many equity research analysts have an accounting background because they usually need a strong understanding of the balance sheet.

spencer
05-22-2009, 01:57 AM
I don't think anyone considers equity research to be a middle office role given that analysts see clients as well.

In fact, many equity research analysts have an accounting background because they usually need a strong understanding of the balance sheet.
Some of them also have exp with their own respective industry, eg DOW chemical -> covering the sector.

nanabanana
05-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi,

It seems to me that the career in areas like:

Financial Analysts,
Financial Examiners,
Actuaries,
Accountants,
Budget Analysts,
Auditors and
Financial Managers

yeah. which job has a higher pay? sorry being a little materialistic here. :p

williamparkar
04-03-2010, 02:31 PM

Mod Haecceity Edit: Link Removed. Please note that no advertising is allowed.

jerichroberts
03-29-2015, 02:56 PM
I would suggest the accounting for you.Contact Xpress Super (http://www.xpresssuper.com.au/)