PDA

View Full Version : BCA Built Environment Scholarship

ScK
05-15-2008, 12:39 PM
anyone shorlisted for interview?? do share abt ur experiences here.. thks lot!! :p

SON
05-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I got a call from a lady to get all my relevant documents ready for processing and were asked to select either City Development or CPG. But up to now no response.. Who got an interview??

ScK
05-15-2008, 11:51 PM
What courses and university that u select??

xiao_long85
05-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi, I had also applied for BCA Built Environment Scholarship.
I am going to studyPFM in NUS this year and had chose company of:
1) CapitaLand
2) CDL
3) CPG
and previously before this I had also applied for Keppel Group Scholarship but was rejected and was not shortlisted for any interview.

But now, under the BCA Built Environment Scholarship, I had been shortlisted by Keppel and will be attending its 3rd and final interview on 21 May.

Hehe... Very strange hor.. lol..
Wonder how the system works????
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

SON
05-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi Xiao Long,

Did any of the firm besides keppel eg. city development or CPG invite you for any interview? And do u know of any chance of getting a scholarship after telling you that you are shortlisted without any reply from the BCA to invite you for an interview?:(

SON
05-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I selected PFM in NUS.

ScK
05-17-2008, 12:19 AM
haha..xiao_long, i tink the companies r like human being..when all people intended to go for sth tat it is nt worthy initially, and the end the thing will be so worthful~ is like supply n demand.. but i do not mean u lar.. i mean from general pt of view.. agree?? n congrats to u.. nt easy go through so many rounds.. can share some experience?? wat they ask in 2nd round onwards?? nt e same as 1st round rite??

ScK
05-17-2008, 12:22 AM
to son>> seem like u n xiao long choose the same course and Uni?? I am from mechanical eng.. ;)

xiao_long85
05-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi Xiao Long,

Did any of the firm besides keppel eg. city development or CPG invite you for any interview? And do u know of any chance of getting a scholarship after telling you that you are shortlisted without any reply from the BCA to invite you for an interview?:(

Hi Son,

Hmmm no other firms had called me up yet...
hmmm actually the interviews are not conducted by BCA..
They just help to collect the relevant documents, shortlist the qualified and hand them over to the interested companies..
The companies will call you up for interview...

xiao_long85
05-17-2008, 04:04 AM
haha..xiao_long, i tink the companies r like human being..when all people intended to go for sth tat it is nt worthy initially, and the end the thing will be so worthful~ is like supply n demand.. but i do not mean u lar.. i mean from general pt of view.. agree?? n congrats to u.. nt easy go through so many rounds.. can share some experience?? wat they ask in 2nd round onwards?? nt e same as 1st round rite??

Hmmm I would say diff firms hav diff interview practice..
Below is what I had copied from the Keppel Corp forum (written by a previous applicant)

1st interview: HR department

2nd interview: depends of what course you applied for, if engineering most likely u'll be interviewed by engineers from offshore marine --- if biz/acct then by ppl from kepp corp real estate/main office finance etc

3rd round: aptitude/IQ/essay test

4th (final) interview: presentation to the board/director??? can't really rmb who they were. anyway a topic will be given when you turn up for the interview and you will be given 1/2 hr and a computer to make a presentation.

The "board" will offer you the scholarship on the spot right after the presentation if they are pleased with your performance. that's the gd thing abt the last round, quick and decisive, no need wait (i don't know about rejection though)

For me, the 2nd round is the Ability Test and Essay Test then follow by 2nd interview...

1st interview was by 1 HR GM and 1 HR female executive - 45mins...
General HR Questions

Ability and Essay Test:
3 Rounds
1) Abstract Reasoning - Graphic series
2) Verbal Reasoning - MCQ Comprehension
3) Calculation - Simple graph calculation

Essay Question: Should DPM Wong resign over MSK escape

2nd Interview:
With 1 Deputy CEO and 3 GM
Super tough - 1 hr
All type of questions comes out...
- Personal Questions
- Technical Questions
- Organisation Questions
- Etc

Please prepare for all rounds of interview... its not tat easy at all...
They will really drill you up for all the info they need.. or they will test you as well...

Now I am super nervous over the final round... should be damn tough...
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

SON
05-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes hope to meet u up in NUS. and may xiao long and me be in the same class. haha

ScK
05-19-2008, 02:57 PM
well..it is really tough!! what is that ability test?? seems so chim?? wow i not so concern abt current issues..die for sure!! any tips on how to prepare for that?? thks!! may wish u all the best for the final round and share ur experience~~ add oil

ScK
05-19-2008, 02:58 PM
(son)haha..yupz..hope to see u all there..so do u attending any interview up to date??

xiao_long85
05-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi all,

Apart from the final round of Keppel Interview tomorrow, CPG had also called up today to arrange an interview on Thursday.

Hope the applicants of BCA-Built Environment Scholarship had also received calls from different companies as well.

Good luck.. All the best..
:):):):)

SON
05-20-2008, 10:13 PM
So disappointed, I did not receive any phone calls from any company up to date. But are u both an A Level student with all 'A's and have a great CCA records? Xiao Long-Do u have any idea how many scholarships do they give?

xiao_long85
05-21-2008, 12:07 AM
So disappointed, I did not receive any phone calls from any company up to date. But are u both an A Level student with all 'A's and have a great CCA records? Xiao Long-Do u have any idea how many scholarships do they give?

1) I am a poly student
2) My CCA are quite good
3) I am not very sure on the number of scholarships given out.

But don't be too disappointed..
Some companies are rather slow in shortlisting..
They only do it once a year...
Like CPG only called up when I am going for final round...
Guess there are also others that are rather slow...
Dun gif up...
I was like you once...
Rejected by many many companies...
eg. HDB, BCA, IRA, Keppel Group Scholarship

Never give up!!!
Never say die!!!
;);););)

ScK
05-21-2008, 12:59 AM
to SON..yupz..same as xiao long,i m poly student too..from np..my cca shd be gd ba..i got gold certificate..but i dun hold any post..hmm..do u habe been shorlisted for any company?? hmm not sure the number of scholarships..maybe i can ask them??

ScK
05-21-2008, 01:01 AM
to >>xiao long..wow..cpg called u straight away for final interview?? (son)ya some companies will be quite slow..so habe to wait..gd luck~

xiao_long85
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
to >>xiao long..wow..cpg called u straight away for final interview?? (son)ya some companies will be quite slow..so habe to wait..gd luck~

Hmmm...
Not final lah...
Only the first round...
But there is only 2 rounds of interview...
if i am not wrong 2nd round wif MD...

As for the keppel final round...
as expected, hav to do ppt presentation..
The questions are quite direct and it takes a total of 30mins of Q & A and presentation..
But its wif reali big shots...
Pple that u can see their photos in Keppel Corp Website...
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

xiao_long85
05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Yes!!!

Just received the email from keppel...
Have been accepted...
Morning just attended the final round, then at evening received call le...
Hehe... I am real lucky...
Guys out there.. there is still hope for poly students...
Nv gif up.. Nv say impossible...
There are definitely still chances out there...
;);););)

SON
05-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Congratulations to Xiao Long for being awarded the Keppel Group Scholarship! But may i ask you why did u mention that you have been rejected once by other sponsors? You meant that u have tried applying even before you have finished ur poly? :confused:

ScK
05-22-2008, 12:22 AM
haha..congrats xiao long..i do attend the 2nd interview with CPG too..but i duno which company to choose if i got all offers..headache =(

xiao_long85
05-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Congratulations to Xiao Long for being awarded the Keppel Group Scholarship! But may i ask you why did u mention that you have been rejected once by other sponsors? You meant that u have tried applying even before you have finished ur poly? :confused:

I applied during Feb before graduation...
Most scholarships are opened then...
I was rejected by some companies w/o even an interview...
But I am reali lucky now that I hav been accepted by Keppel...
But they wan mi to accept by tue... sianz...
and tomolo then i go to cpg for 1st round onli..
looks like i hav to forgo CPG...
;);)

xiao_long85
05-22-2008, 12:33 AM
haha..congrats xiao long..i do attend the 2nd interview with CPG too..but i duno which company to choose if i got all offers..headache =(

Hmmm so how many scholarships interview had u attended?

ScK
05-22-2008, 12:41 AM
i only apply for bca scholarship(cz i m m'sian)..n i put capitaland,meinhardt n cpg as my choices..n i have attend capitaland, city developments 1st round...city developments say they c my documents so dey wan to interview me...n meinhardt haben come bk to bca yet..i worried if cpg wans me 2 reply be4 i gg for other 2nd round interviews..kinda confuse wat do mechanical engr do in those companies??

u gg nus tis yr for pfm course?

xiao_long85
05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
i only apply for bca scholarship(cz i m m'sian)..n i put capitaland,meinhardt n cpg as my choices..n i have attend capitaland, city developments 1st round...city developments say they c my documents so dey wan to interview me...n meinhardt haben come bk to bca yet..i worried if cpg wans me 2 reply be4 i gg for other 2nd round interviews..kinda confuse wat do mechanical engr do in those companies??

u gg nus tis yr for pfm course?

Yup... I am going NUS PFM this year...
Hmmm so lucky to be shortlisted by capitaland and CDL...
I hav interest in both of them as well... But no luck there...
Hav CPG offered you the scholarship???
I would say (in my opinion) if can dun go for CPG...
If possible based on your current interviewed companies, (in my opinion) go for :
1) CapitaLand
2) CDL
3) CPG

ScK
05-22-2008, 02:21 PM
well.i gg nus tis yr too..hope to c u there..well,cpg haben offer yet..n i hope they dun offer me so quickly yet..hmm..thks a lot for ur advice..but u do get keppel land so it is quite gd enuf..i nw cracking my head duno wat to do..somemore i notice that micron is oso offering tis yr..but their deadline is august!!! means i have to reject these companies..n what if i cant get micron also?? den i m gone for both case.. hmm y u tink i shd nt go for cpg?? u cant state here?? or u can email to my inbox.. thks!!! it is confusing.. haiZZZ

xiao_long85
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
well.i gg nus tis yr too..hope to c u there..well,cpg haben offer yet..n i hope they dun offer me so quickly yet..hmm..thks a lot for ur advice..but u do get keppel land so it is quite gd enuf..i nw cracking my head duno wat to do..somemore i notice that micron is oso offering tis yr..but their deadline is august!!! means i have to reject these companies..n what if i cant get micron also?? den i m gone for both case.. hmm y u tink i shd nt go for cpg?? u cant state here?? or u can email to my inbox.. thks!!! it is confusing.. haiZZZ

Hmmm I had just send you a private msg on my personal views... you can go hav a look... :)

ScK
05-22-2008, 10:29 PM
ok..thks..i wil go n hav a look.. =)

ScK
06-02-2008, 11:42 PM
did anybody have heard abt this bca-built environment scholarship?? any comments?? thks a lot!!!!

abcde
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
The MND awards ceremony is on the 26th of June so all scholarship recipients shld have been notified quite some time ago...
the BCA built-env scholarship has no bond...did you apply for scholarships with or without bonds?

ScK
06-05-2008, 11:16 PM
i apply for this bca-built environment scholarship..it comes with a 3-yr bond..any comments abt this scholarship?? i do shorlisted for capitaland, cdl, meinhardy and cpg corporation..i m gg to study mechanical engineering..so nt sure abt these companies which suits me best.. =(

abcde
06-06-2008, 09:15 PM
big dvpt companies like capitaland n CPG are on the frontline of d construction industry (i.e. they manage many properties and big projects)
i accepted an ME scholarship in another company. in a construction-related company CE is a good course to study, but for ME itz ok too...u cld end up helping manage engineering stuffs related to buildings or help in the company policies which cld be v exciting for capitaland etc, esp if u dun wanna be a practising engineer forever.

d huge companies u were shortlisted for have many diverse projects offshore and onshore so i thk ur job scope cld b v large n exciting..esp if u get to rotate arnd.

if ur still confused, dun b afraid to call the company n bombard them with qns

ScK
06-07-2008, 02:33 AM
wow..u have secured a scholarship?? what is that?? but i have gone for 1st round interview oledi, nw still waiting for 2nd round, maybe i can ask dem question when 2nd round?? but i scared they will say u have nt done some researches abt our companies?? u duno what u will be doing??

abcde
06-09-2008, 09:45 PM
wow..u have secured a scholarship?? what is that?? but i have gone for 1st round interview oledi, nw still waiting for 2nd round, maybe i can ask dem question when 2nd round?? but i scared they will say u have nt done some researches abt our companies?? u duno what u will be doing??

Check out d website, or google the companies surely got lots of news on them. Best to call the HR person if u still unsure. All the best for your application=))

ScK
06-10-2008, 06:59 PM
haiz..todae jz went for interview wif meinhardt..bca told me others companies all scholarship were given to A level students, so my hope lies with this final reply..i tink no hope anymore cuz meinhardt all applicants already 1st yr in U except I am direct 2nd yr from poly.. sad sia!! =(

abcde
06-11-2008, 08:43 PM
haiz..todae jz went for interview wif meinhardt..bca told me others companies all scholarship were given to A level students, so my hope lies with this final reply..i tink no hope anymore cuz meinhardt all applicants already 1st yr in U except I am direct 2nd yr from poly.. sad sia!! =(

On the bright side ur frm poly=already got grounding in basic ME+they sponsor one less yr+they want to pick students frm diverse backgrounds instead of all jc
btw, how's ME in poly like? is it v hiong? U must hv done v well in it to get into uni. I din take physics in JC so am gg to die when i enter uni :rolleyes:

ScK
06-12-2008, 01:05 AM
oic..i hope i do get lar..tml is the final decision dae..so worried.. me in poly ar hmm study all mechanical engineering related staffs.. not hiong as jc i tink.. n the exam questions do come out same as past yrs.. hmm hahax i ok ok lar.. u oso gg in tis yr or wat?? i tink a level students r better.. heard tat poly student nvr be in dean's list be4!! :eek:

abcde
06-14-2008, 09:49 PM
yeah im gg in this yr.

joongie
03-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi does anyone know when will the industries / companies normally notify if you have been awarded the scholarship? I went for an interview around 1 week ago on the 12th of March. From what I heard the BCA award ceremony is usually held during early August so does that mean we may receive notifications anytime from now till July?

goip8Or
08-27-2014, 04:25 AM
VoIP GSM Gateways GOIP 8 at http://ecrimea.net/voip/gsm-voip-shlyuz-goip-8.html
GSM VoIP Gateways GOIP 8 (http://ecrimea.net/voip/gsm-voip-shlyuz-goip-8.html)
GSM шлюзы GOIP 8 (http://ecrimea.net/voip/gsm-voip-shlyuz-goip-8.html)

JensenDrake2
01-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Eligibility for Students

Locals (Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents) at entry level to local Polytechnics / BCA Academy, or in their first year of studies
Foreigners with GCE 'O' level results / ITE results at entry level to local Polytechnics / BCA Academy
Foreigners in their first year of studies at the local Polytechnics / BCA Academy
Outstanding academic results
Excellent CCA records

JensenDrake2
04-15-2015, 02:32 PM
The BCA–Industry Built Environment Undergraduate Scholarship / Sponsorship programme represents the concerted efforts of the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) and leading industry players to offer young people of high calibre and vision an opportunity to take up the challenge of a career in the Built Environment.

The scholarship is tenable for studies at the National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), Singapore University of Technology & Design (SUTD) and for undergraduate courses conducted by the BCA Academy (BCAA).

JensenDrake2
04-16-2015, 03:49 PM
The BCA–Industry Built Environment Undergraduate Scholarship / Sponsorship programme represents the concerted efforts of the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) and leading industry players to offer young people of high calibre and vision an opportunity to take up the challenge of a career in the Built Environment.

Eligibility

Singapore Citizens (male Singaporean must have completed or be exempted from full time National Service, ORD personnel accepted for admission in 2015 can also apply) and Singaporean Permanent Residents
All other nationalities taking relevant engineering courses may also apply
Outstanding academic results
Excellent CCA records

DrEaMLiN
05-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Hi, I would like to ask how would BCA notify you for interview?

EightTales
05-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Hi, I would like to ask how would BCA notify you for interview?

from what i experienced so far (which is actually not much), BCA would give the applicants a call, stating the interview date and time, followed by an email with more details.

i'm a little confused on this front though, as i applied for both BCA and BCA-Industry scholarship.

I have an interview coming up for the BCA-Industry scholarship, but what i don't really understand is that some of my friends have already gone for an interview with the industry sponsors a few weeks back; so is my up-coming interview for the BCA or BCA-Industry scholarship?

Kimberleyyy_SW
06-11-2015, 01:52 PM
from what i experienced so far (which is actually not much), BCA would give the applicants a call, stating the interview date and time, followed by an email with more details.

i'm a little confused on this front though, as i applied for both BCA and BCA-Industry scholarship.

I have an interview coming up for the BCA-Industry scholarship, but what i don't really understand is that some of my friends have already gone for an interview with the industry sponsors a few weeks back; so is my up-coming interview for the BCA or BCA-Industry scholarship?

Hi EightTales, which scholarship interview did you go for? I was notified by BCA that I've been invited to attend an interview for BCA-Industry sponsorship. I wonder what will the interview process for sponsorship be like and how is it different from scholarship? Care to share your experience? Thanks a lot! :))