PDA

View Full Version : NUS Hall Application Results!

amdturion
06-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Which hall did you get?Share it here!I got Temasek Hall =)

svpam_ms
06-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Congrats!!! :D

jellybean
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Which hall did you get?Share it here!I got Temasek Hall =)
omg?! so fast!?!?! I thought the application deadline was on saturday and they said results would be out End June...when did you apply??

spock
06-15-2009, 11:23 AM
omg?! so fast!?!?! I thought the application deadline was on saturday and they said results would be out End June...when did you apply??

i think this result release date is for international students. they had an earlier submit date as well

svpam_ms
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Can check the website for the release of the results for the hall allocation.

doto88
06-15-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm a local student and its still under review for me. isn't that normal since they mentioned the release on 29th actually? FYI, my friend who is NOT an international student got his hall results today too.*confused* lol!

spock
06-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm a local student and its still under review for me. isn't that normal since they mentioned the release on 29th actually? FYI, my friend who is NOT an international student got his hall results today too.*confused* lol!

still under review for me too. i think we'll find out on the 29th..

jellybean
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
which halls did you all apply for by the way..?

svpam_ms
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Just to sidetrack a bit, which Hall is better???

jellybean
06-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Just to sidetrack a bit, which Hall is better???
Depends "better" in what sense. Sports, arts and culture, music? Food? Proximity w.r.t the faculty you're in? Culture of the hall?
A brief overview: Temasek and Eusoff are better in sports, Kent Ridge and Sheares are better at the arts and culture stuff, and for their rag&flag. KR is also good in music. I haven't heard much about KE7 or Raffles, so I guess the activities there are much more toned down as compared to the rest. KE7 is much dominated by medical school and FOS students because of its proximity. KR and Sheares are nearer to biz school, not so sure about temasek and eusoff.

So which hall is better really depends on which one suits your interests better/ what you are looking for.

svpam_ms
06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Depends "better" in what sense. Sports, arts and culture, music? Food? Proximity w.r.t the faculty you're in? Culture of the hall?
A brief overview: Temasek and Eusoff are better in sports, Kent Ridge and Sheares are better at the arts and culture stuff, and for their rag&flag. KR is also good in music. I haven't heard much about KE7 or Raffles, so I guess the activities there are much more toned down as compared to the rest. KE7 is much dominated by medical school and FOS students because of its proximity. KR and Sheares are nearer to biz school, not so sure about temasek and eusoff.

So which hall is better really depends on which one suits your interests better/ what you are looking for.

Thanks for the great insights!!! :D

kuding
06-15-2009, 07:54 PM
i was offered PGP. i applied rather late, on 1st june. i'm an int'll student. i wonder I didnt get into hall becoz i applied late or izit becoz my cca records not solid enuf.... anyone offered PGP as well? looks like have to miss out on all the fun and enriching hall activities....

svpam_ms
06-15-2009, 07:57 PM
i was offered PGP. i applied rather late, on 1st june. i'm an int'll student. i wonder I didnt get into hall becoz i applied late or izit becoz my cca records not solid enuf.... anyone offered PGP as well? looks like have to miss out on all the fun and enriching hall activities....

You can re-apply the 2nd time. It's not the end.

jeepkeep
06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
You can re-apply the 2nd time. It's not the end.
there's a 2nd time? who's it for? and do you know when the second time opens?

svpam_ms
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
I mean the residence is not fixed throughout, you will have to change residence every 2 semesters right. By then you can try again. That's what I meant, usually, they will send out emails.

jlim11
06-16-2009, 11:05 AM

hi! i was offered PGP too! i am a local student and i applied in mid may, got the results ytd. PGP's my first choice though

tadaki
06-16-2009, 01:12 PM
hi! i was offered PGP too! i am a local student and i applied in mid may, got the results ytd. PGP's my first choice though

Same here! Local student too, i only checked because of this thread. PGP was my first choice, but it doesn't state what type room i've been offered. Does yours say anything about the room type? (A,B,C)

i applied on the 8th of may btw, according to site.

camp_22
06-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Kent Ridge!!
was my first choice ^_^

spock
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Kent Ridge!!
was my first choice ^_^

congrats! are you local or intl?

i applied KE7, on 29 may according to the website. no news and when i called the office up to ask the lady said it wasn't possible that local students have their results as "we haven't even reviewed yet". strange. perhaps it comes out according to application date.

jellybean
06-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Kent Ridge!!
was my first choice ^_^
heyy, grats ! did u go for the camp blueblood??

camp_22
06-16-2009, 03:48 PM
congrats! are you local or intl?

i applied KE7, on 29 may according to the website. no news and when i called the office up to ask the lady said it wasn't possible that local students have their results as "we haven't even reviewed yet". strange. perhaps it comes out according to application date.

technically intl O_o but naturalised >_> hahah yeah they're getting stuff done for the int'ls first, then local. although even int'l can't request room changes =\

for locals results is on the 29th right :confused: don't worry la

heyy, grats ! did u go for the camp blueblood??

nope :) i've been outta singapore since march and won't be there till july so yeah. i think all int'l students're getting their first choice la. either that or KR liked my musical skilllz :D

moodoftheday
06-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Inte'l student here as well, I got my second choice, PGP, wasn't too excited for it. Sigh

jellybean
06-16-2009, 04:19 PM
either that or KR liked my musical skilllz :D

ooo what musical instrument do you play? and what grade? i heard KR is good for their music stuffs...

svpam_ms
06-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Inte'l student here as well, I got my second choice, PGP, wasn't too excited for it. Sigh

What was your first choice?

camp_22
06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
ooo what musical instrument do you play? and what grade? i heard KR is good for their music stuffs...

eheheh *blushes* i'm not a certified musician per se. more self taught :D guitar, drums, bass and a bit of piano. mainly guitar though. yeah i heard they were good at musical stuff too so i was hoping i'd get KR :rolleyes:

moodoftheday
06-16-2009, 09:05 PM
What was your first choice?

KE7. I should have just placed PGP to third choice. Oh Well, nothing can be done for now right?

doto88
06-17-2009, 12:48 PM
err, any local dudes got ur hall results alr? you guys pull string 1 arh lol! how come so fast! i read that its early acceptance..where got such thing 1 sia!!:D

jlim11
06-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Same here! Local student too, i only checked because of this thread. PGP was my first choice, but it doesn't state what type room i've been offered. Does yours say anything about the room type? (A,B,C)

i applied on the 8th of may btw, according to site.

Nope it doesn't state which room type i've been offered. but in my application i only applied for type c room for PGP...so can i safely assume that i am offered type c room since i am offered PGP? btw when is the deadline stated for you to reply to the offer? i checked a few days ago it was 7 july 2009, but i just checked again today now the deadline has been changed to 23 june 2009! what about yours?

kuding
06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
yes. it changed to 23rd june for mine also leh...

tadaki
06-18-2009, 12:43 AM
i think it must have changed.. mine says 23rd june as well and i was all O_o what if i'd only checked on the 29th?! hahaha nus is weird lah lolz

camp_22
06-18-2009, 01:53 AM
wahhhh damn lucky i read the last few posts O_O yep the thing says 23rd now O.o

redwhitebrown
06-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi! I was assigned to PGP too...sigh. Anyone know how we can get involved in team sports like volleyball since PGP doesn't have these kind of activities? Like drama, etc.

I'm nervous about being isolated at PGP and also racking up enough points to stay on or move to a hall later on :(

lavender
06-18-2009, 11:21 PM
You can sign up for activities at the CCA booths during the matriculation fair, when you matriculate. They'll contact you when selections are around the corner or when there are activities OR when the annual general meeting is near, so that you can run for a executive committee position.

For sports, there is likely a selection for IVPs, that I'm not exactly that sure, since after all, you will be playing for NUS. Then arts and culture, it depends. some got selections, some don't. There are also NUSSU CCAs that will give you more RHAPS points. Yup. If you have friends in hall, and you're good in a sport or just want to try out, you can always "piggyback" and got and participate. We do have quite a number PGP residents coming over to KE7 for activities.

There is no need to worry that much as of now. What you can do, is to see around and think about at what you want to take part in. :)

svpam_ms
06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
There are lots of people at PGP, dont need to worry about being isolated.

jlim11
06-21-2009, 09:23 AM
may i know what do we have to do after we've accepted the accomodation online? i just accepted PGP online. will there be any notices for us to make payments soon or only nearing the dates of the new school term? thanks

redwhitebrown
06-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Wow thanks a lot
For your helpful and encouraging answers :) :)

neutralised
06-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey (: Anyone out there has had a change of application status on the Hostel Management System from previously accepted to "application under review"?
Checked the portal today and was quite shocked at the sudden change.

clarenceux
06-23-2009, 11:20 PM
same here!

camp_22
06-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Hey (: Anyone out there has had a change of application status on the Hostel Management System from previously accepted to "application under review"?

me too O_O_O_O
NUS is trying to make us all tense again >.<

camp_22
06-26-2009, 05:07 PM
woot just got a confirmation thingy from Kent Ridge Hall :D

applegsy
06-26-2009, 06:40 PM
zomg, how do u guys noe the results? where to check??

camp_22
06-27-2009, 01:43 AM
https://aces01.nus.edu.sg/sop/WebPageHandler?p=HMS&pn=StudentLogin

O_o

kuding
06-27-2009, 10:50 AM

i previously checked and accepted PGP as my accomodation choice (though i didnt put PGP as any of my 3 choices at all). i went went to check again and it says it's under review also!!! quite excited. hopefully can get into a HALL!!! :D

clarenceux
06-27-2009, 01:40 PM
woot just got a confirmation thingy from Kent Ridge Hall :D

huh what confirmation thing did you receive?

i went to check the hostel management system, it's still under review. haha.

camp_22
06-27-2009, 01:45 PM
huh what confirmation thing did you receive?

i went to check the hostel management system, it's still under review. haha.

an email!
i'm technically "international" so i think all the int'l students got mailed first la.:D

clarenceux
06-27-2009, 03:48 PM
oh okay haha i see.

then it is damn weird why did they review your application again? this is so...mysterious. haha.

camp_22
06-27-2009, 03:55 PM
damn strange right.

plus now there's further forms to fill and send in or (quote) "the offer will relapse"

irritating T_T

kuding
06-27-2009, 04:00 PM
damn strange right.

plus now there's further forms to fill and send in or (quote) "the offer will relapse"

irritating T_T

i nvr saw any forms to fill or watsoever leh, or do i have to wait till i receive the notification email confirming my accomodation then i will receive those forms?

anyway. there were ppl in PGP who were infected by H1N1, do u all think that's y there reallocate the rooms??

camp_22
06-27-2009, 05:32 PM
i nvr saw any forms to fill or watsoever leh, or do i have to wait till i receive the notification email confirming my accomodation then i will receive those forms?

anyway. there were ppl in PGP who were infected by H1N1, do u all think that's y there reallocate the rooms??

yep they're all sent as attachments with the email.
whoa really ah i hadn't heard. hmmm but i doubt they reallocated lah, probably just wanna make us all suffer from tension a bit more

roxysquare88
06-28-2009, 02:22 AM

Maybe leh! I logged on to the Hostel Management Website on 16 Jun 09, it stated that I have been offered PGP. But when I logged on last week, the status reverted to "Application under review".

(Anyway, I accepted the offer on 16 Jun 09. Wonder if I should keep checking the website and may need to re-accept again? :confused:)

I went for medical check-up at University Health Centre on 25 Jun 09. I overheard an admin staff and doctor talking about the H1N1 case/s at PGP.

Hmmm~:eek:

tadaki
06-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Same here.. changed to review. Hmm. Camp_22 when did you get your confirmation email? Did anyone else get it?

camp_22
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
got mine on friday, but i think this round's probably only for Int'l students. my mail specifically said confirmation blablabla Int'l.

maybe for locals its the coming week?

heya99
06-29-2009, 01:10 AM
The hostel application results are out for local students! I am offered accomodation in my first choice, King Edward VII Hall. :D

I also got King edward hall.. just wondering.. how are we supposed to make payment? Is payment by a semester basis? Secondly, can we live for 1 semester and if we decide to withdraw before the begin of semester 2, can?

tadaki
06-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Hmm. Ok i've checked again and now they've changed my status to accepted, PGP, same as before (it was my first choice anyway XD) But i still have no confirmation email O.o

clarenceux
06-29-2009, 12:31 PM
okay so i guess whoever got their results before 29 June 2009 (local applicants) received their respective halls again?

e.g.

offered choice -> under review -> offered the same choice again?

I got back Kent Ridge Hall, and it shows I have already accepted it (before 29 June 2009).

camp_22
06-29-2009, 01:34 PM
i think we can safely conclude that NUS's life revolves around making ours a living hell.

which makes the next few years something to look forward to

silentgiggler
06-29-2009, 03:39 PM
got accepted into temasek hall! anyone else?

spock
06-29-2009, 04:46 PM
got KE hall. hello!

they didn't tell me whether i got a single/double room though.

i think we can safely conclude that NUS's life revolves around making ours a living hell.

with regards to admin stuff I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU. i'm still waiting for news on scholarship stuff from a month or so ago. but i guess they're pretty busy dealing with thousands of various apps.

is everyone here also checking in on 3rd aug?

camp_22
06-29-2009, 08:31 PM
but i guess they're pretty busy dealing with thousands of various apps.

is everyone here also checking in on 3rd aug?

true enough i guess.
i'm checking in damn early O.o

lavender
06-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Hi there hall mate! Erm, I also not sure regarding payment but I reckon they will inform us one way or another (people are very fast when it comes to asking for money :p), so I just accepted the offer first than never really think about these issues. As for withdrawal after one semester of stay, I remember reading somewhere that it is possible. But don't just take my word for it... :)

I also got King edward hall.. just wondering.. how are we supposed to make payment? Is payment by a semester basis? Secondly, can we live for 1 semester and if we decide to withdraw before the begin of semester 2, can?

You'll make a downpayment (approx. $500) when you check into hall for the first time. Afterwhich, they'll deduct the rest of the fees from your GIRO. Payment is a per semester basis. You can withdraw after the first semester if you don't want to stay anymore. No penalties. But of you withdraw half way through the semester, then you'll have to forfeit the fees you paid.

nefta
07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey guys,

I got King Edward VII hall and I'm from NUS Pharmacy too.
Have yet to accept the offer (accepting soon most probably).
Any idea when are they going to determine our rooms?

lavender
07-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi nefta,
Your rooms will be decided some time in the upcoming week. But you'll only know it when you check in. =)

kuding
07-04-2009, 12:03 PM
anyone bother to share when u all checking in?? i think i'll probably check in on 27th july. ... or maybe even earlier.

buggy
07-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I checked my results and I didn't get any of my 3 choices!

It's very heartbreaking that after attending the hall camp, submitting application early, and listing all ur CCA records and then... To hear 2/3 of my OG mates enter while I didn't. That's what happened to me.

I'm feeling quite disappointed about this... but will try next year till I get in... anyone who entered in that way?

qwerty
07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Anyone knows what happens if you accept the hall offer but change your mind about staying before semester starts? (Before check-in)

clarenceux
07-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Anyone knows what happens if you accept the hall offer but change your mind about staying before semester starts? (Before check-in)

The best is to drop Office of Student Affairs a call and ask.

qwerty
07-06-2009, 09:17 PM
K thanks! :) But have decided not to stay after all..

12oxas
07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I checked my results and I didn't get any of my 3 choices!

It's very heartbreaking that after attending the hall camp, submitting application early, and listing all ur CCA records and then... To hear 2/3 of my OG mates enter while I didn't. That's what happened to me.

I'm feeling quite disappointed about this... but will try next year till I get in... anyone who entered in that way?

Hey! What did you see on ur account statement section? I applied too but when I check a few days back, it was still processing and when I check it again, my whole statement was gone (?)..There isnt any link left for the "My application" section! :eek:

clarenceux
07-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Hey! What did you see on ur account statement section? I applied too but when I check a few days back, it was still processing and when I check it again, my whole statement was gone (?)..There isnt any link left for the "My application" section! :eek:

Did you accept your offer? More importantly, did you print out that you have accepted the offer?

I accepted my offer and yeah, the My Application section is gone. Or rather, inaccessible.

There shouldn't be anything on the statement section. I never saw anything there before.

But if you did not accept your offer in time, I'm sorry to say that your place has gone to someone else.

riao1987
07-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey guys, after getting a hall placement, next thing to do is...well.. to shift in on 29 Jul right? I have totally no clue when do i do this and how lol. Hall Orientations are prior to shifting in or after? *lost*.

TIAAAAA

heya99
07-10-2009, 03:39 PM
hey

Is it true that KE7 got alot of international students coming from China? I.E to say more China students than other halls?

Also, i got into ke7. I understand the orientation is from 24 to 27 july as it saw it from their website. But right now, I have no news from them saying when is the hall welcome camp. If thats the case, how am i supposed to sign up for that camp ?

Also, can we just checked in on 3 August?

clarenceux
07-11-2009, 01:09 AM
hey guys

are we waiting for any letter from NUS regarding our hall stuff?

lavender
07-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey guys, after getting a hall placement, next thing to do is...well.. to shift in on 29 Jul right? I have totally no clue when do i do this and how lol. Hall Orientations are prior to shifting in or after? *lost*.

Hall orientations occur the week before week 0. Essentially, you'd have shifted in to participate in the orientation. There's a few ways to go about doing it. Firstly, you can pack whatever that is needed for the orientation and stay in hall through that period. OR, alternatively, you can shift in all the possessions you want in hall and just take the week to settle down at the same time.

Is it true that KE7 got alot of international students coming from China? I.E to say more China students than other halls?

Like I mentioned in the KE7 thread, each hall has it's share of Chinese nationals. It depends on what you define as a lot more. Traditionally, school of computing was very near KE7, so many chose to dwell in KE7. However, with the shift of SoC to the area beside school of business, new intakes have chosen to take up accommodation in other halls as well. But ultimately, all halls have a pretty big ratio of international students.

Also, i got into ke7. I understand the orientation is from 24 to 27 july as it saw it from their website. But right now, I have no news from them saying when is the hall welcome camp. If thats the case, how am i supposed to sign up for that camp ?

Also, can we just checked in on 3 August?

Welcoming week is from 20th till 23th July, it is more gravitated towards helping international students make a smoother transition into Singapore and the school environment. I bet you know how to get to Ikea and sheng shiong and how the public system work. But if you'd like someone to lead you around, it'd be nice to join too. Hall camp is hall orientation, they're the same thing. Your KEWOC buddy will contact you soon. If you still have doubts, you can always look at the official website for updates. The link can be found in KE7's thread.

Yes, you may just check in on 3rd of august if you dont want to attend orientation.

are we waiting for any letter from NUS regarding our hall stuff?

I don't remember receiving any letters regarding confirmation of hall stay. It's all online application. You'll be "confirmed" once you check in and foot the down-payment. If you miss the deadline, then your place will just go to the next person on the wait-list. ;)

heya99
07-12-2009, 03:34 PM
@lavender

I want to go for the camp between 24 to 27, but is it okay if i go for the camp on 25th morning or 24th late evening as I have an undergraduate talk on 24th morning to afternoon itself.

Also can i just check in on 3 august ? but I want to attend the orientation also

lavender
07-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes you can join the camp at a different timing, the committee can make exceptions for you regarding this. Please do inform you buddy once he/she contacts you via email.

As for the checking in, you'd have to check in on the day you join the camp, it both for accommodation and administration purposes. During the camp, we would let you stay in your own hall room, since there is no other place in hall for you to sleep, hence you cant check in at a later date if you want to join the orientation.

If you intend to join on 24th evening, please do take note that the office closes at 6pm, so do make it in time to check in, or else you would have no place to sleep on that day.

clarenceux
07-18-2009, 08:23 PM
hey guys, anyone of you going to Kent Ridge Hall?

I have some slight problems here. Hopefully someone can help me in this.

Q1) We only need to e-mail the Letter of Understanding and snail mail the Payment Form + Cheque/Bank Draft/Money Order, right?

Q2) Do we need to snail mail the Letter of Understanding back to Kent Ridge Hall?

Q3) Are there any other forms that I am missing out?

camp_22
07-19-2009, 01:54 AM
hey guys, anyone of you going to Kent Ridge Hall?

I have some slight problems here. Hopefully someone can help me in this.

Q1) We only need to e-mail the Letter of Understanding and snail mail the Payment Form + Cheque/Bank Draft/Money Order, right?

Q2) Do we need to snail mail the Letter of Understanding back to Kent Ridge Hall?

Q3) Are there any other forms that I am missing out?

yup KR :D

wasn't the payment supposed to reach by today?! :eek:

1) yup this one is as you said

2) bring in when we check in

3) nope.

clarenceux
07-19-2009, 01:59 PM
thanks camp_22!

so for the letter of understanding, we just e-mail them one copy and bring the other copy with us on 24 July when we check in?

i didn't know we have to bring the copy with us when we check in. i didn't see it in the e-mail. sigh. this is complicating haha.

thanks again!

camp_22
07-19-2009, 06:36 PM
thanks camp_22!

so for the letter of understanding, we just e-mail them one copy and bring the other copy with us on 24 July when we check in?

i didn't know we have to bring the copy with us when we check in. i didn't see it in the e-mail. sigh. this is complicating haha.

thanks again!

yeah thats how i remember it. definitely don't have to snail-mail it in.

haha yeah extremely complicated -.-

kequankedian
07-25-2009, 05:13 PM
i got Ridge View Residence.the location is veri gd. near NUS everything i need. SRC,SSC,subway,my school which is FOE.
But the blocks are rather old and only 1 out of 5 got lift.
And there are single rooms and double room in RVR. wish i got a single room.
who else got RVR as well?

misanthropos
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a female freshman who's been allocated a Type B room at PGP, and I'm looking to swap for Type A. I know there's someone who's looking to swap Type A for B/C, but only people of the same gender can swap rooms.

Anyone who is interested or knows anyone who has a Type A room and wants to swap down, please PM me. Thanks!

(Sorry for the multiple posts in different threads, hoping this gets seen by as many people as possible!)

neutralised
07-30-2009, 09:40 PM
hi all (:
my type B PGP room is also available for a swap to a type A room.
please PM me if interested.
thanks so much :D