PDA

View Full Version : NUS online acceptance?

camp_22
06-23-2009, 02:12 PM
wasn't the online acceptance window from april till now? i accepted NUS's offer in early may and according to my application status i've accepted their offer and everything's well and good, but then i see this link to the common acceptance platform which says online acceptance was from 10-22nd of june :confused:

wtf is going on?

ripepumpkin
06-23-2009, 02:15 PM
wasn't the online acceptance window from april till now? i accepted NUS's offer in early may and according to my application status i've accepted their offer and everything's well and good, but then i see this link to the common acceptance platform which says online acceptance was from 10-22nd of june :confused:

wtf is going on?

ummm its for appeals and stuff, don't worry lol (:

clarenceux
06-23-2009, 04:19 PM

wtf is going on?

Yes, the common acceptance that you are refering to is the first common acceptance window period from 15 April to 1 June 2009.

The other link is catered for applicants who have filed for an appeal for a change of programme, and those who failed to receive an offer in the first window.

In any case, the second common acceptance window has ended. If you did not file an appeal, rest assured that it has nothing to do with you and it will not affect your confirmed place in NUS in any way.

heya99
06-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes, the common acceptance that you are refering to is the first common acceptance window period from 15 April to 1 June 2009.

The other link is catered for applicants who have filed for an appeal for a change of programme, and those who failed to receive an offer in the first window.

In any case, the second common acceptance window has ended. If you did not file an appeal, rest assured that it has nothing to do with you and it will not affect your confirmed place in NUS in any way.

so thereafter from today onwards, all appeals are failed cases?

Rcc
06-23-2009, 07:41 PM
so thereafter from today onwards, all appeals are failed cases?

who told you that? Anyway please don't throw speculation. It was officially stated late june and early july. By all means, just wait for a notice.

he he

That's also what stated on
https://aces01.nus.edu.sg/uasonline/Appeal

"Please note that online appeal is closed. If you had earlier submitted an online appeal, you will hear from us by late June to early July 2009 on the outcome of your appeal."

psst. It's not yet July !

camp_22
06-23-2009, 07:46 PM

ahhhhh:o
*breathes deeply*

clarenceux
06-23-2009, 10:35 PM
so thereafter from today onwards, all appeals are failed cases?...

Hey heya99,

The safest conclusion is to wait for news from NUS regarding your appeal. According to the NUS website, the outcome of appeal will be released by early July 2009.

I am not sure if NUS will send a letter of notification in the event of a failed attempt, but definitely you will hear from them if your appeal is accepted.

If what I heard is true, you should be able to see your appeal outcome on the NUS applicant self-check facility.

I understand your anxiety but do not make yourself miserable by guessing what is not definite. Perhaps this may sound awful, but my most sincere advice is hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Good luck!

ahhhhh:o
*breathes deeply*

haha you're welcome.

slightly off the topic, but you are in KRH right? We are hallmates! haha!

camp_22
06-23-2009, 11:54 PM
slightly off the topic, but you are in KRH right? We are hallmates! haha!

yeah KR!! hi hallmate :D