PDA

View Full Version : double major to double degree?

lee
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
is it possible to upgrade from a double major to a double degree in NUS?
if so, what are the consequences i.e additional year, fees, etc?

do help.

GSC1989
07-23-2009, 12:07 AM
is it possible to upgrade from a double major to a double degree in NUS?
if so, what are the consequences i.e additional year, fees, etc?

do help.

Yes, it is possible at the end of the first year of study. However, having a second major no way puts you in any advantage against another student who is also applying for the same double degree programme. In the event of successfully switching from double major to double degree, you can declare your second major modules to fulfill the requirements of the second degree. However, this is assuming the major and the degree matches.

You might have to do an additional year or two depending on how much you are able to overload modules on your remaining semesters. (i.e take more modules in a semester). Regarding the costs, you will pay the normal amount for the first four years of study.

If your second degree is in Engineering or Computing, you would pay twice the amount for the fifth year. (DDM->DDP is not possible for the scenario you described since there is no second major in Engineering or Computing).

For all other double degrees, I do believe you have to pay four times the amount for subsequent years after the fourth year.