PDA

View Full Version : Accountancy & Economics

accts
12-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi, can I ask if there is any relation between economics and accounting? I am currently studying accounting now and intend to take up econs. Hope someone can advise and enlighten me whether it will be useful in the future and what are some of the possible areas of work that requires knowledge from both? Perhaps it is better to just focus on accounting? Thanks in advance!

hudson
12-23-2009, 02:49 PM
The relationship between economics and accounting is examined, in view of complexity theory. In the past there was a one-sided attention of accounting to economics, with researchers mainly concerned about what was achieved in economics, while economists were indifferent to the studies in accounting. A new economic theory is needed that does not rely on the rational choice theory, and with the aim of providing an alternative to the neoclassical theory of economics. The new economics of complexity has a wider scope in the understanding of economic behaviours, which has been evidence in accounting for some time.

accts
12-31-2009, 04:14 PM
In that case, is there a demand in Singapore for such individuals who possess knowledge for these two fields? Or is it more of an added advantage?

Haecceity
03-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Probably more of an added advantage.