PDA

View Full Version : SAT 1 n SAT 2 subject tests.

koo86
07-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey, I was wondering whether anybody know of any good SAT prep centers , tutor or study groups around ?

LockT31W
07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
you could try http://www.testtakers-sg.com/ or www.useic.org. But personally I think self-studying works just as well, from personal experience.

yingzhen
10-21-2008, 10:53 PM
For SAT 1 you can just buy the blue official book and practice over and over... for SAT 2 your school curriculum should put you in good stead for subjects like physics, math, chemistry, and biology.

xuelee
10-22-2008, 07:34 PM
For SAT I, get the official blue book. And try to finish the whole test in one sitting. I find that it does help, especially for Writing. As for SAT II, whatever you're doing for 'A' levels should be more than enough. One or two weeks' preparations (especially for SAT I) should be adequate.

Shazwi
01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
how do i know if i need both SAT 1 and 2?

yanshuo
01-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Shazwi, welcome to the BrightSparks forum =)

SAT 1 and 2 are only required for applications to US universities. So if you aren't intending to apply there, don't bother.

If you do intend to apply to the US, all universities require SAT 1. SAT 2 is a bit more tricky as it varies amongst the unis. Some require 3, some 2, others none at all but still "strongly recommend" that you take it anyway. Best if you check the requirements from the individual uni's website.

Hope this answers your question.

LockT31W
01-07-2009, 12:05 AM
to add to what yanshuo said, if you're an A level science student the SAT subject tests are no problem. Take at least 1 Math II, and aim for 3 good subject test scores because every top applicant from Singapore will have those.

Shazwi
01-07-2009, 11:28 PM
i guess ill just directly send an email to them... i seriously cant find their requirements... ive checked admission etc. , loads of information!!!...

guess ill take sat 1 and 2... and yeah, i really wanna go to a US uni...

BADLY

LockT31W
01-08-2009, 12:16 AM
which ones are you looking at? I'm sure I can direct you to the sections about SAT, since it's very essential information for all applicants.

Shazwi
01-08-2009, 04:54 PM
im looking towards computer science in stanford...

other than that, im just applying for local Us...

but stanford will be top priority...

LockT31W
01-08-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/uga/application/freshman/testing.html

SAT Subject Tests are recommended but not required for admission. We recommend taking at least two SAT Subject Tests, as such information will assist us in our evaluation process. Applicants, however, who choose not to take SAT Subject Tests will not be at a disadvantage in the admission process.
For those applicants who elect to take a SAT Subject Test in the area of math, we recommend taking Mathematics Level 2 if you feel that your math background has adequately prepared you for that test.

I'm interested, why only Stanford? There are many universities in the US which are just as good if not better in computer science. :)

Shazwi
01-09-2009, 11:48 AM
because its connected to Silicon Valley and i wanna expand my connections there as im starting up a web company now and hopefully get it running as per normal once i get out of national service...

yanshuo
01-09-2009, 12:01 PM
You must bear in mind that Stanford is very, very hard to get into. Moreover, USA unis are known to have very strange admissions criteria, so even if you are the very best candidate there is, you could still be unlucky and not get in.

Hence, if you want so much to work in Silicon Valley, my advice to you is to have a Plan B, C, and so on. No doubt Stanford is the best, but there are many other very good universities in the area as well e.g. UC Berkely and UCLA.

In fact, Silicon Valley is not the only fertile ground for budding IT entrepreneurs in the US. Carnegie Mellon has very impressive programmes in IT, and is much easier to get into because its other schools are not so good. Theres also UIUC, Georgia Tech....

Anyway my point is that if you want to see your dreams snuff out just because of a single failure, you must insure yourself. And the way to insure yourself is to have as many Plan Bs as possible. Always anticipate the worst, that way you will still end up with the best possible scenario :)

LockT31W
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
yes, yanshuo is right on the mark. Stanford is very hard to get into, while there are many other equally good universities for CS that may be easier. You're denying yourself alot alot of possible opportunities if you focus only on Stanford. To you, it seems like the best choices for studying CS + getting Silicon Valley connections are, in order:

1) Stanford
2) Local universities NTU/NUS
3) THEN other US universities

If you think about it, this doesn't make sense! Other than Stanford, there are many many other universities with CS programs that are much better than those of NTU/NUS. If you talk about making SV connections, there's also no way NTU/NUS will help you better than being in the US itself. Stanford may be nearer SV, but Carnegie Mellon, UIUC, MIT, etcetc also have well-connected professors, also have programs that send you to SV, also have internship opportunities in SV that NTU/NUS students don't get. You are missing out on alot if you limit yourself to just Stanford before turning to local unis.

Shazwi
01-10-2009, 11:39 AM
haha chill guys... i wll take that advice... certainly stanford will be a plus but other US unis will be still ok...

i know you need plans a b c... for now, i just have 2 plans...

patryn33
01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
2008 USNEWS Computer Sci (phd)
1. Carnegie Mellon Uni
1. MIT
1. Stanford
1. UC-Berkeley
5. Cornell
5. UiUC
7 Uni of Washington
8. Princeton Uni
9 Uni of Texas - Auston
9 Uni of Wisconsin-madison
11 Cal Inst. of Tech
11 Georgia Tech

Computer Sci Specialties -AI
1. MIT
2. Stanford
3. Carnegie mellon
4. UC-bberkeley
5. Uni of Washington
6 Uni of Texas -Austin
7 Uni of Penn
8 UiUC
9 Uni of Maryland - College park
10 Cornell

Computer Sci Specialties -Programming Lang
1. Carnegie mellon
2. Stanford
2 UC-Berkeley
4 MIT
5 Cornell
6 Uni of Washington
7 Princeton
8 Rice
8 UiUC
10 Uni of Wisconsin

Computer Sci Specialties - Systems
1 UC-Berkeley
2 MIT
3 Carnegie mellon
4 Stanford
5 UiUC
6 Uni of Washington
7 Uni of Wisconsin
8 Uni of Texas-Austin
9 UC-San Diego
10 Princeton

patryn33
01-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Didn't U guys read the recent (this week) Bizweek, SV is in somekind of trouble.

International Stanford undergrad not in great demand in States.
even my buddy grad (the few lucky ones that is on full Phd fellowship, BTW stanford ax like 80% of those ppl on their Phd program) with Stanford Masters Electrical Engineering still took him 6mths to find employment! what tops it is he gotta moved all the way to Northeast without relocation package!!!

iDeAs
02-07-2009, 09:57 AM
because its connected to Silicon Valley and i wanna expand my connections there as im starting up a web company now and hopefully get it running as per normal once i get out of national service...

Connected is no gurantee of anything, there are many paths. Have a friend who graduated with Hons from Curtin Uni in Australia in CS, headhunted and now in Silicon Valley ;)

patryn33
02-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Connected is no gurantee of anything, there are many paths. Have a friend who graduated with Hons from Curtin Uni in Australia in CS, headhunted and now in Silicon Valley ;)

just graduated from curtin with zero experience and was headhunted to the Valley?

not easy leh... no need to find job.. job all the way from US knock at your door. what are the chances man! its like Michael Dell, Gates.

I think the "connection" to be Stanford or UC-Berkeley stand better chance than getting headhunted.
then again, whats the chance for Stanford/Berkeley undergrad today.
if Shazwi is good, don't have to go to the Valley also have no issue. Today's Valley is not for the dot-com. Zappos founder Tony Hsieh (Harvard CS grad) started an ad network company that was sold to MS for US$265M. kinda says if U are great idea, U don't need to be near the valley.

iDeAs
02-09-2009, 11:51 AM
just graduated from curtin with zero experience and was headhunted to the Valley?

not easy leh... no need to find job.. job all the way from US knock at your door. what are the chances man! its like Michael Dell, Gates.

I think the "connection" to be Stanford or UC-Berkeley stand better chance than getting headhunted.
then again, whats the chance for Stanford/Berkeley undergrad today.
if Shazwi is good, don't have to go to the Valley also have no issue. Today's Valley is not for the dot-com. Zappos founder Tony Hsieh (Harvard CS grad) started an ad network company that was sold to MS for US$265M. kinda says if U are great idea, U don't need to be near the valley.

Yeah apparently the company was interested in the project he undertook involving AI...just goes to show they look more at your abilities and vision.

patryn33
02-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah apparently the company was interested in the project he undertook involving AI...just goes to show they look more at your abilities and vision.

so good man, can skip all the interview, exams and directly be negotiating on compensation.
hmmm... I wonder... how the headhunters found out he did that project in AI? its published in IEEE? or win some big international competition.
Didn't list his resume in career sites and get headhunted is just amazing.

oh.. my idea of getting headhunted is, didn't post resume in career sites or applied for a job. yet company called U up offering a job, negotiating compensation, benefits, bonus to get U over. No interiews, no testing of knowledge. just base on what they know about u thru their own research.

iDeAs
02-11-2009, 08:30 AM
He went through interviews and the whole nine yards. How was he found? The employer is a mate of one of his tutors.

patryn33
02-12-2009, 02:09 AM
woliao.. like that also can call headhunted.
i know a few ppl also "headhunted" to the valley.
2 in fact returned after their short stint, the $$ U making seemed alot by SG standards, after taxes and living expenses and stuff.. whats is left. SG is so much better.

so don't go thinking the valley is filled with gold for the picking!

iDeAs
02-12-2009, 08:46 AM
woliao.. like that also can call headhunted.
i know a few ppl also "headhunted" to the valley.
2 in fact returned after their short stint, the $$ U making seemed alot by SG standards, after taxes and living expenses and stuff.. whats is left. SG is so much better.

so don't go thinking the valley is filled with gold for the picking!

Why not? There is more than one way to headhunt and hearing from someone about a talented individual is one.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for the 2 guys. Its certainly not a place filled with gold but no offence, if SG is that much better, most of the talent will already be here, not there.

patryn33
02-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Having to go thru interview, in my books isn't truly "headhunted". I have met ppl getting calls with offer and be negotiating about compensation and sign on bonus. that is head hunted by my defination.

most the talented in engineering as there because SG R&D is a sunset industry! not because its better in USA. or those Scholar ppl are doing management not Engineering.

Some ppl just dislike SG culture that why they are there. if there are so many of us there, H1B1 VISA will get filled up in weeks loh. that quota never gets filled up. everyone knows the regular H1B VISA for higher edu from US gets filled up in about 3mths. those does not fall in this Category gets filled up in about a mth. if U say greencard.. Good lord! today without higher degree it takes like 4yrs see the end of the tunnel! and depending on what stage U are in, U still need to hold on to your H1B VISA.

If U know the tax situation, cost of living etc.. a US$70-90K annual salary is about avg in the valley (BTW: US not like SG have the 13mth thing, bonus is not written in most ppl contracts). in the dot.com boom days, u don't have to know how to code to be in the valley. I have seen music,history major going to the valley getting a brand new car for his sign on bonus. Today, long gone are these fat checks. Had met an American making US$90K in the valley, 3mth after he is laid off is penniless, gotta crawl back to live under his parent's basement.
new fresh grads that get hired into AMD and Intel in the CA region also get around $70K a yr. yes.. U do own a car ($$ paid from your pocket) might have stock options, from what I learnt from the dude making the comparison.. the cash in your bank account almost the same lah. if U decide to buy house, mortage interest rates in US is like 2X higher than SG.
had buddy 2yrs back got a 1200sq ft house in the valley, they paid over US$700K, that how cheap landed is.

if U are the super talented ones, the valley can be great. hack even google is axing talented ppl. But today even the valley is changing. Not always R&D.. moving towards Sales and Marketing. Alot of start up from India or what not are using that "connection" to sell and have their R&D done back home. the squeeze from Econ and gov, is making harder for ppl to stay. few coy is willing to apply for your greencard for the getgo. even for Intel/Motorola U need to hang in ther a yr or 2 b4 they wanna do so. they cost involve is just high. Not many company is willing to pay US$15k just like that.

Michelle
02-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Just to contribute to this thread a little..

I spent 6 years working for IBM in the silicon valley. No, I was not headhunted, I applied for the job after i got my mba from indiana u and got it. It's an ebusiness strategist job btw. So you can get a job there even if you studied elsewhere.

Silicon valley firms do like to hire from Stanford and Berkeley, to a lesser extent UCLA (which is in LA, about 6 hours drive away). They also like to hired from "lesser known" schools like Santa Clara U and San Jose State U. There is a pretty tight alumni network for stanford and berkeley. But I know many of them also go to schools out of state that are famous. E.G. We have quite a lot of MIT, Harvard, CarnegieMellon, Mich, UPenn, Princeton, etc. The point is the valley does attract good people from all over and companies hire from other good schools, not just stanford/berkeley.

And to the original poster: Stanford is very hard to get in, especially the undergraduate programs. So yes, like everyone else, I would advise you cast your net much much wider. You still can land a job there later as long as you have a good education and if economic situation is advantageous.

As for H1b visas, I heard from friends there that it's harder and harder to get one now. But if you studied in the US, you can get a 1 year work visa after your education, where you will have to then convince your employer to get the H1b for you. It's not easy, need $$ and lawyers. As for the greencard, it's also quite a long wait. I waited for 5 years and gave up and came home. :) I have learnt quite a lot from my years there but I got to say, life in SG is pretty good too! Come to think of it, I was there when Yahoo, Ebay, Google just started, that itself was pretty exciting.

Btw, to survive in the bay area, you need to make at least US$60k, preferably more. e.g. I paid US$1350 a month for a 1 bedroom apt in Sunnyvale, a toyata corolla costs US$16k, utility bill is about US$150 a month. A no-fuss meal is abt US$10.

patryn33
02-18-2009, 01:37 AM
the cost of car has gone up a bit these days despite the bad Econ. a Toyota corolla is around US$18K b4 tax and fees. add those the cost might be US$20K. no $$ to pay up front a vehicle loan is at around 5-7% APY (SG around 2.5-3.5%, yes cost of car is cheaper in SG).

its alot harder to get H1B these days. audits isn't uncommon, gov does request info like email correspondence, company size, picture of work area etc.

regarding OPT, thats 1yr of "work VISA" U gotta apply for it b4 U graduate. that just extend your stay in USA to help U look for jobs. Do plan well, as your OPT might expire b4 the application for H1B starts. of course if U are singaporean U can always go for your H1B1 VISA 1st then move on to H1B VISA.

was reading last week Biz week. 1 couple age early 40s (1 office cleaner, the other janitor) in CA their combine salary is already at US$108K! they bought a $600K with a ARM loan (mortgage rate is at 7% and 12%) and today they can hardly make ends meet after 1 lost his job!

oh.. for those wanted to settle down, cost of sending your child to day care cost around US$1200-2000 a mth. so for a engineer to work in Sunnyvale that gets around US$90K. after tax U might only see around US$5.3K. adjust for insurance, and 401K perhaps $5K. paying rent U see US$3.6K left. if U got a house, primary loan payment can be as huge as US$3.6K amth (5% APR 30yrs loan for a tiny 1400sq ft home similar to the size of a 5 bedroom flat) if U do have a 2nd loan the interest is pretty high at 7-9% APR don't have is great but U gotta find around $80-100K to pay upfront; add annual property tax its another US$9K gone a yr, property insurance maybe another US$2K a yr. car insurance around US$100 a mth. don't forget in US, interest earned from savings is taxable income unlike SG. married combine earning does helps. then again, a couple making more than US$150K a yr don't enjoy alot of tax exemptions.
if U live in ulu place like Raleigh in NC and be making US$90k combine. U get to enjoy the tax benefits and enjoy a larger home and be paying less tax.

Nerdyboi
04-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi, just want to ask something. Well I am a polytechnic graduate see, i want apply for medicine at NUS, but i guess it would be very competitive for polytechnic graduates.

SO, i was wondering if i took SAT I and II on top of my Diploma, that would be an added advantage right? But are there places that test for SAT II in Singapore? Are SAT very difficult? I have seen sample questions on college board website, and i am handle them, is that mean i am ok with SAT?

Sorry for loads of questions, but I guess SAT could be my second chance at Medicine or even overseas studies.

NX-01
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
No, you no need to take SAT1 and SAT2. Those are more for foreign students or Singaporeans who fail their O lvl English (They could take SAT1 in place of O lvl English). Yes, there are a lot of places that test for SAT2 in Singapore. Just go to the Collegeboard website to check. "I have seen sample questions on college board website, and i am handle them, is that mean i am ok with SAT?" - Most Singaporeans typically do extremely well (as in scoring perfect) on the SAT2 cos its easy.

NX-01
12-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi guys, I took both the SAT1 and ACT with writing (I was a bit kiasu) and send both scores to US universities. However, I did horribly on the SAT (1890/2400) but superbly on the ACT (33/36 which is equivalent to a 2220/2400 on the SAT according to the ACT website). My qn is whether this would put me to a disadvantage to say another applicant who just sent in only 1 good SAT1 or ACT scores. Would they 'look down' on me because I score poorly on the SAT? Thanks

kthanksbye
12-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi guys, I took both the SAT1 and ACT with writing (I was a bit kiasu) and send both scores to US universities. However, I did horribly on the SAT (1890/2400) but superbly on the ACT (33/36 which is equivalent to a 2220/2400 on the SAT according to the ACT website). My qn is whether this would put me to a disadvantage to say another applicant who just sent in only 1 good SAT1 or ACT scores. Would they 'look down' on me because I score poorly on the SAT? Thanks

No, they only look at the better of the SAT I or the ACT with writing.

NX-01
12-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Ok, thanks!

billthegeek
04-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Sorry if this question sounds stupid: does anyone know where exactly is the SAT test venue in Hwa Chong Institution? I'm afraid I will be lost as the school is rather huge.

miyavvii
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi there,

I have also a question regarding the SAT ll.
I have registered for both Math ll and Physics on the same day - 5th June.
From what I have read from the websites, it is possible to take 2 individual papers on the same day. However, when I checked with Connectere (S) Pte Ltd - the local representative for SAT, they mentioned that it is not possible.

Have any of you taken 2 separate SAT ll papers on the same day ?
How does it work ?

Many Thanks =)

LockT31W
04-27-2010, 09:22 PM
It's entirely possible. I took 3 SAT IIs on the same day. I'm not sure why you're taking the SAT through this private company, but I took it directly through CollegeBoard at an official testing centre in Singapore.

Run
04-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi there,

I have also a question regarding the SAT ll.
I have registered for both Math ll and Physics on the same day - 5th June.
From what I have read from the websites, it is possible to take 2 individual papers on the same day. However, when I checked with Connectere (S) Pte Ltd - the local representative for SAT, they mentioned that it is not possible.

Have any of you taken 2 separate SAT ll papers on the same day ?
How does it work ?

Many Thanks =)

Yes, you can take up to 3 SAT subject tests in one day, but you can only take the SAT (it used to be called SAT I) once in a day. They probably misheard or misunderstood you.

If you are taking more than one subject test in a day, you can choose whichever order you want to do them in. You leave once you have finished the tests you have signed up for.

:)

miyavvii
07-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Heys everyone,

I've got a question regarding the SAT scores. I was wondering if it is possible to only send the scores which I desire to the colleges I want ? Like to send my SAT ll Math, but not my SAT ll Physics.

I've heard it from people that it is possible. Any idea if this is true ? Thanks

Run
07-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Heys everyone,

I've got a question regarding the SAT scores. I was wondering if it is possible to only send the scores which I desire to the colleges I want ? Like to send my SAT ll Math, but not my SAT ll Physics.

I've heard it from people that it is possible. Any idea if this is true ? Thanks

Yes, it's possible. After you choose to select "send additional reports" and your score recipient(s), under the column "Test Scores to Send" you can select "Choose Scores".

Do note that it costs more to do so.

kthanksbye
07-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Different colleges have different policies. Some allow you to use Score Choice, while others expressly forbid it.

miyavvii
07-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Different colleges have different policies. Some allow you to use Score Choice, while others expressly forbid it.

Hi, do you know if imperial college n UCL forbid the usage of score choice ? haha
I planning at applying to them. Thanks

kthanksbye
07-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi, do you know if imperial college n UCL forbid the usage of score choice ? haha

British universities do not require the SAT.

Haecceity
07-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Just to add on to what kthanksbye said, to apply to Imperial and UCL you just need your A level cert. Apply through UCAS. (You can check out the UK subforum for more info on applying to them through that.) But if I recall correctly, you can include them when applying through UCAS, although your A level grades are what they look at.

Run
07-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I think miyavvi intends to use his/her (sorry didn't catch whether you're a guy or girl) scores to boost his/her application. There's no black-or-white that says that the universities do not allow Score Choice, so it's really up to you. It might be wise to send in all your scores, just to err on the caution. Since they only allow 'A' level scores from one sitting, they might prefer your SAT scores from your single best sitting or from all the sittings.

If you really intend to send in your SAT scores and use Score Choice, it's always best to send an email and ask them.

feliciawong
07-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi, I would wondering if it would make a difference taking the SATs test at any venue in Singapore.
I am considering taking it at either Hwa Chong Institution or Star Hub Centre on 9oct, but not sure which one to take it at.
Since, the test is gonna be very long, I hope hoping to take it at a place that is pretty conducive, so hoping for some advice!
Thanks in advance!

and other than constant practice with the official book, is there any other method of preparing for the test? other than taking part in prep courses.

Run
07-24-2010, 06:17 PM
If you ask me, Starhub centre is the best for taking the SAT. You get proper tables and air-conditioning. If you take it in a school, you might get put into a lecture theatre without proper tables, and occasionally, with lousy air-conditioning. I've had my "table" almost collapse on me a few times during the test when I took it at a certain school, which was rather distracting. Of course, there are people who do well at either venue, but personally, I prefer Starhub centre. :)

Do note that as Starhub centre is a small testing venue, you should register for your test early, as seats there tend to run out quickly.

day_dreamer92
07-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi, I would like to know when is the deadline for most US schools? Becos I didn't do as well in my first try at the SAT, and I would like to do it again. Is taking SAT after A Levels too late?

Run
07-26-2010, 05:45 PM
You'd probably not make it in time for ED/EA applications, but you should make it in time for most RD deadlines.

Have you taken your SAT subject tests?

day_dreamer92
07-27-2010, 05:59 PM
You'd probably not make it in time for ED/EA applications, but you should make it in time for most RD deadlines.

Have you taken your SAT subject tests?

Sorry, just wanna ask. What's ED/EA? Early admission?

And no, I have not taken my SAT subject tests :(

Run
07-27-2010, 06:08 PM
ED stands for Early Decision. EA stands for Early Action. The first is binding, in other words, if you are accepted, you must attend (i.e. reject all other schools / withdraw all other applications). The second is non-binding.

Run
09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Hi! I am interested in applying to US universities and I tried for the SAT I and to my horror, I scored 1790/2400.

1. I just want to know how bad is it? Can I make it up with better SAT II Subject scores?

2. Should I go for ACT instead? This SAT thing is driving me crazy man. I hope I can just use my A levels and get over and done with it. :/

3. If I retake it on 9 Oct/ 6 Nov, will I be able to make it for Early Action or Early Decision for next year's admission?

1. Well, if you're aiming for the ivies or similarly ranked schools, that 1790 will most likely work against you. No, you can't.

2. You can try the ACT, but like the SAT, I think you do need to study (at least a little) for it.

3. If you take it on 9 Oct, most likely yes, but you might have to send it via "Rush Shipping", which costs 29 USD. Not too sure about 6 Nov. Check the school's website to find out more about the latest SAT test you can submit. Also, some schools offer ED 2, which has the same deadline as normal applications. You might want to check those out as well.

Run
09-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Oh. Btw, since I need to go for national service next year. Should I take my SAT I and SAT II this year because I worry about the "expiry dates" of the test scores.

What I am asking is that if I take my SAT I and SAT II this year, can it be used for the applications I am submitting next year or next next year?

They are valid for a few years (five, if I'm not mistaken), so don't worry about it.

LockT31W
09-06-2010, 02:28 AM
They are valid for a few years (five, if I'm not mistaken), so don't worry about it.

That may vary among colleges, so it's still better to ask the admission offices

LockT31W
09-07-2010, 09:15 AM
What about SAT I and SAT II as a whole? Do I need to take the two SATs within months of each other or something? Like if I take SAT II during October, I must latest take my SAT I by June the next year or something?

Nope, no such rule. As long as all your scores are within the validity period, it doesn't matter how large the interval between sittings.

noob
12-17-2010, 08:57 PM
if i take my sat 1 and 2 on jan 2011, can i use it to apply for university on jan 2012. BTW i am enlisting next year so i wish to take asap : )

Run
12-18-2010, 09:16 AM
if i take my sat 1 and 2 on jan 2011, can i use it to apply for university on jan 2012. BTW i am enlisting next year so i wish to take asap : )

You can only take either take the SAT reasoning test or the SAT subject tests (up to 3) in one sitting. So I don't think it's possible to take both in January.

As for whether the university would accept your scores, you'd have to check with the universities you are applying to.

noob
12-19-2010, 08:33 AM
that is the problem i am facing! i have searched US university like yale etc but they only state "no later than the deadline" so it must be 1 year or what?

Run
12-19-2010, 12:08 PM
that is the problem i am facing! i have searched US university like yale etc but they only state "no later than the deadline" so it must be 1 year or what?

Sorry, I didn't get your question... You should apply when you have all your scores. Maybe applying in the next cycle would be better?

But you can take your SAT reasoning test/subject tests now and wait till you're ready before applying.

Butterbeer
12-19-2010, 06:30 PM

yes you can.

i did sat 1 in jan 2008 and used the results for application for RD in Jan 2010.

Run
12-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Oh wait, seems I misread your first question. Yes, you can use your 2011 scores to apply for 2012. But you can only take either the SAT reasoning test or 3 SAT subject tests in one session.

chihiro
12-24-2010, 07:48 PM
i did not take physics (in secondary and jc). does that mean im disadvantaged since i cannot do the SAT II (math, chem, physics, bio right)?

noob
12-24-2010, 08:25 PM
ARGH! I need help in borrowing SAT 11 BOOKS FOR maths level 2, physics and US History! any lobang?

Introverted.
05-06-2011, 07:37 PM
has anyone taken the SAT 2 in AJC? i was wondering what the testing environment is like for tomorrow. if its cold i might wear jeans.

pokerface
05-10-2011, 08:45 AM
For application to US universities, do all the SAT subject tests I registered for have to be taken on the same day to be valid?