PDA

View Full Version : Scholarships in the Private Sector

Sparks
11-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Hmm..who knows if the scholarship amount tenable are generally less than or more than those given out by government agencies?

dershing
11-24-2007, 05:20 PM
from what I know, the various scholarship provider total packages are more or less the same. They also do check with each other and benchmark against PSC. Of course, if you study in USA, you get more as it costs more there. UK, London is given more allowance, followed by general UK and then Australia. Not sure about asia countries though. Local scholarships also have living allowance but of course less than the overseas counterparts.

kukubird
03-29-2008, 02:21 AM
from what I know, the various scholarship provider total packages are more or less the same. They also do check with each other and benchmark against PSC. Of course, if you study in USA, you get more as it costs more there. UK, London is given more allowance, followed by general UK and then Australia. Not sure about asia countries though. Local scholarships also have living allowance but of course less than the overseas counterparts.

I had no idea that USA gets more. From what I know, London UK gets more allowance than USA. Cost of living in London is much more than any of the American cities, even NY.