PDA

View Full Version : Job prospect. Interesting???

smash
01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi all, i need to consult u guys on wat r the job prospects of studying 'Chemistry and Biological Chemistry' in NTU. Actually, i hv this innate desire to study medicinal chemistry. Not sure why? But anyway my parents r not very convinced tat this is a good course to pursue, cos for example we don even know wat companies there r in singapore tat provide for such jobs n the no. of vacancies. They would prefer me to study more practical courses such as 'business', 'accounting' etc cos its easier to get a job in future, they say. So, wat do u say? Lend me some opinions.:)

Ashearo
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi all, i need to consult u guys on wat r the job prospects of studying 'Chemistry and Biological Chemistry' in NTU. Actually, i hv this innate desire to study medicinal chemistry. Not sure why? But anyway my parents r not very convinced tat this is a good course to pursue, cos for example we don even know wat companies there r in singapore tat provide for such jobs n the no. of vacancies. They would prefer me to study more practical courses such as 'business', 'accounting' etc cos its easier to get a job in future, they say. So, wat do u say? Lend me some opinions.:)

First of all, where do your interests lie? I think our generation has gone a bit past that one where parents decide for their kids what they should study. Do you even want to study business or accountancy?

The chemistry and biological chemistry course at NTU is pretty new and its too early to tell if its a good course to pursue or not. And I am not in it so I am in no position to comment either. Do you like to teach or do research? You can do sales or work in healthcare also if you study in this area.

Perhaps someone in this course will be in a better position to give advice.