PDA

View Full Version : Embry-Riddle Aerospace Engineering

Facey
02-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Hi,

I'm keen on applying for Embry-Riddle, Bachelor in Aerospace Engineering and I am looking for any advice from either students there or people who know something about this school.

Mainly the tuition fee, admission criteria, exemptions etc..

I've graduated from SP with a Dip in Aeronautical Engineering.
I'll be taking my SAT 1 in May as well.

Any input appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Run
02-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Hi, did you visit their official university website before posting?

Anyway, here's the page for the tuition fees (http://www.erau.edu/admissions/estimated-costs.html) and the admissions (http://www.erau.edu/db/admissions/apply.html) page.

:)

Facey
02-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Thx for the reply.

Yes i did, i'm actually looking for the public's point of view.

Also, I assume the Total, flight students - $53,300 is for international students right?

Run
02-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Actually, I think that's for all students, most probably because it's a private school and doesn't charge in-state students lower tuition fees.

To me, the program looks good, but I don't know much about Aerospace Engineering. I don't think it's well-known by the general Singaporean public as well, considering how most people here have only heard of HYPMS.

Don't let that get you down though, since it's the employers you should seek to impress, not the man in the street. If you intend to return to Singapore after your studies, check with the relevant industry employers whether they hire graduates from the university.

:)

natarae
02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
hi OP,

before embarking on your journey with ERAU.. are you passionate about aviation? ERAU is a place where you will be surrounded by people who are crazy about aviation..

also, i have spoken to many pilots before about ERAU.. i can only say not everyone in the industry (in singapore) knows about it.. but i think most employers in the aviation sector would know. did you research on this?

erau is coming to sg.. check this out (think the degree to do with Maintenance would interest you).. cost is 50k though.

http://app2.wda.gov.sg/web/Contents/Contents.aspx?ContId=1036

hope it helps!

koo86
02-25-2010, 08:37 AM
ERAU is the top school for aerospace in the states, dun worry about it. Its just one of the many specialized schools in the United states, their program is the best there is. Just to shed some light, schools like Cooper Union , Babson college etc are specialized schools. Cooper Union is very well known for its architecture and engineering programs ( their admissions are tougher than the ivy league , thats because if u are accepted u pay 0 tuition, Babson on the other hand is well known for their Entrepreneurship programs). So definitely if u are looking for an internship in the states, the industry players will have heard of the school. The college usually have tie ups with Boeing and NASA too.

Facey
02-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Adapting into ERAU shouldn't be a problem as I am very passionate about aviation. Especially in the R&D Sector. So the Degree offered in Singapore in collaboration with uniSIM don't seem that attractive to me. Wondering how valuable the cert from uniSIM will be.. any idea?

I hope to work in the US and there will no doubt be many opportunities with such a massive aviation/space sector. Also, Singapore is focusing mainly on MRO, which I dislike.

In that case, the only problem now will lie with the fees..

Plan B is to study my degree in UniSyd, 2 yrs (minus 2 yrs from credit/poly) for Aeronautical(Space) Engineering and apply to ERAU for masters after that. Any opinions on this?

Haecceity
02-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Adapting into ERAU shouldn't be a problem as I am very passionate about aviation. Especially in the R&D Sector. So the Degree offered in Singapore in collaboration with uniSIM don't seem that attractive to me. Wondering how valuable the cert from uniSIM will be.. any idea?

I hope to work in the US and there will no doubt be many opportunities with such a massive aviation/space sector. Also, Singapore is focusing mainly on MRO, which I dislike.

In that case, the only problem now will lie with the fees..

Plan B is to study my degree in UniSyd, 2 yrs (minus 2 yrs from credit/poly) for Aeronautical(Space) Engineering and apply to ERAU for masters after that. Any opinions on this?

If you can't afford ERAU now, will your financial situation suddenly change in two years so that you can?

You can always try for a scholarship, although there will most probably be a bond. A bank loan is another option.

Facey
02-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Another question, compare Uni of Michigan and ERAU's aerospace eng degree..

Haecceity
03-05-2010, 10:55 PM
If you're interested, there's a fair tomorrow featuring ERAU, 1-4pm. (http://www.lindentours.com/?page=85&id=14). ERAU is ranked no. 1 in US, but since it focuses on space and air technology, so if you want more options (in case you dislike it later), you might prefer University of Michigan.
Just comparing the degree I'ld say ERAU.