PDA

View Full Version : career options for Economics degree?

student123
03-09-2010, 12:38 PM
hi, anyone knows what are the possible jobs available for an Economics graduate?:confused:
and is it true that I do not need to declare my major in my first year if i apply for FASS but is currently not sure of which course i should major in?? if so what choice should i put/choose in the uni admission application form?
lastly, how do i calculate the university admission points for H1 subjects? do i also need to take into acc my HML and count it as a H1 subject?

sorry for long string of questions:p

Haecceity
03-09-2010, 03:12 PM
hi, anyone knows what are the possible jobs available for an Economics graduate?:confused:
and is it true that I do not need to declare my major in my first year if i apply for FASS but is currently not sure of which course i should major in?? if so what choice should i put/choose in the uni admission application form?
lastly, how do i calculate the university admission points for H1 subjects? do i also need to take into acc my HML and count it as a H1 subject?

sorry for long string of questions:p

1. Possible jobs for an Econs graduate: business. (Can't really help you further than this.)
2. Yes, you don't need to declare your major until after the first year. You just apply to FASS.
3. You can calculate your university admission score here (http://forum.brightsparks.com.sg/showthread.php?p=26632). You only need to include your Higher Mother Tongue if it increases your score; if not, you don't need to.

RickSteves
03-09-2010, 03:29 PM
1. Possible jobs for an Econs graduate: business. (Can't really help you further than this.)

Doh. Isn't this true for all courses?
What kind of a job is "business"?

student123
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks for the swift reply!
so just to clarify point 2, i checked out NTU's online application form and under its 'choice of programme' section, we are expected to choose from its drop down menu. Is it safe to assume that choosing 'humanities' means i m applying to its FASS and not any specific course as yet??
since they put subjects like economics, pyschology etc below it...