PDA

View Full Version : applying for more unis

bongewj
03-14-2010, 09:04 PM
hi, i would like to know if anyone's got any advice with regard to applying for another school when you've paid up the deposit for a school. I plan to apply for UCBerkeley next year, and i've got offered a place in Umich. applied for deferment for umich till 2011. it's yet to be approved because i haven't submitted the relevant documents. would it be an issue if i paid the deposit, held the place and applied for ucb? anybody done something similar before?

kthanksbye
03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Did you have to sign a contract when you requested a deferral from U Mich? If so, you should read what it said. I know that some schools explicitly prohibit you from applying to other schools if you've been granted deferred admission.

When I requested my deferral from Columbia, these were the conditions (among others) which they set out for me:

- You may not apply to other colleges during the year.
- You may not enroll at another North American college or university in either a degree program or as a full-time student, nor may you enroll in any degree program at a college or university abroad.
- You will not hold a deferral at another institution.

frankchn
03-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Same here with Stanford. Ask for a copy of the deferral agreement to confirm.

bongewj
03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
ok. thanks for the feedback. :) much appreciated.