PDA

View Full Version : Hospitality/tourism questions

Teshyn
03-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Hi all, I am a JC student who is generally interested in the hospitality and tourism industries and am considering venturing into them in my future working life. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is it necessary to take a uni course in hospitality/tourism management, or some other course along those lines? My gut instinct tells me no, but I'd just like to clarify.

2) I am considering studying in FASS of NUS. What courses would be (more) relevant to my interest? (eg. Econs etc)

These are just brainstorming ideas. I'm still keeping my options open. Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated!

P.S I'm an arts student, so the science stuff is out.

RickSteves
03-27-2010, 01:23 PM
1) Is it necessary to take a uni course in hospitality/tourism management, or some other course along those lines? My gut instinct tells me no, but I'd just like to clarify.

No. In fact, it will be even easier for you to enter this industry if you apply for an entry-level job with an A level cert and just work your way up. This industry values experience much more than qualifications.

2) I am considering studying in FASS of NUS. What courses would be (more) relevant to my interest? (eg. Econs etc)

Doesn't matter. Major in a field which you can excel in.