PDA

View Full Version : How to Prepare for Discretionary Admission Interview?

haute
05-01-2010, 02:45 AM
hi guys, i was shortlisted for DA interview yesterday evening 30th April by Faculty of Science NUS which is my first choice.
My non academic achievement is community services which i participated a lot in my JC. im particulary nevous and excited cos this is a rare chance. i havnt received offer or DA interview from NTU bio science...

so i want to ask students who have gone to DA interviews
1) what are the questions the interview panel ask?:)
2) what should i prepare?:)
2) what are they looking for in you?:)
3) what are the dress code? no need to be too formal rite?:)

thank you so much

hummingbird
05-03-2010, 03:26 AM

I haven't been to any DA interviews, but generally interviewers are not looking for candidates to come prepared with knowledge of the respective field that the interview is for. In other words, prior knowledge or reading up or self study is not assumed nor required.

Standard questions like the reason for choosing this particular course. More importantly, be prepared to take questions on how you would stand out from others who have made the grade cut or how you would be different from other candidates vying for the same place in the faculty.

Generally, the usual traits and virtues that are deemed desirable - likable personality, capacity for hard work, humility and so on. There are perhaps also certain characteristics that are related to the course you have chosen, and since I am not familiar with it, I simply cannot comment.

I guess smart will cut it.

Best of luck.

chinney
05-03-2010, 04:05 PM
hi guys, i was shortlisted for DA interview yesterday evening 30th April by Faculty of Science NUS which is my first choice.
My non academic achievement is community services which i participated a lot in my JC. im particulary nevous and excited cos this is a rare chance. i havnt received offer or DA interview from NTU bio science...

so i want to ask students who have gone to DA interviews

thank you so much

Hi. May I know what's your grade for you to get selected for the DA interview?

haute
05-03-2010, 10:36 PM
i got ACD for h2 bio,chem, maths and ACA for H1 geo, gp , pw
they wont really look at the grades...its clearly stated in the email that i didnt made the cut off points for FoS
they chose me maybe cos they see something they like in my NAA

cookiecutter
05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
hey i got a DA interview too, but to fass i was wondering if they will ask you to commit to whatever CCA you excelled in which made them give you a chance to enter through DA ?

Mhbq
05-07-2010, 12:18 AM
so anyone gone for nus fass da interview?? need help to prepare for the interview!

yiting91_milky
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
hi is ur interview on 8/5?

haz
05-15-2010, 09:22 AM
anyone who went for the fass da interview got a reply already?

eternity
05-21-2010, 12:04 PM
I've gotten a reply from fass last week, and my interview was on 27 april.. I'm not sure how the interview was supposed to be like but all the qtns they asked were not related to my cca at all.. they just basically asked abt the short essay I wrote and wat i intend to major in fass..

bright-thinker
05-26-2010, 06:40 AM
hey guys, if you got called up by nus fass for DA what were ur grades roughly like? thanks.

silentgiggler
05-28-2010, 11:53 PM
hey i got called for DA interview on 12th may
my grades are ACD/ABB (H2 econs physics math/ H1 geog gp pw)

havent got a ans from them yet.