PDA

View Full Version : Rejected if no news yet?

chochocandy
05-25-2010, 07:20 AM
It's almost June 1, the usual deadline for confirmation for NUS. If I still haven't received any news (application status says my application is still processing) does that mean I'm likely to be rejected? I mean, NUS won't just give you 5 days to decide on your uni, right?

I am international student applying to FASS.

Haecceity
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't think you're rejected yet - you should take the policy that no news is good news. :)

eternity
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
there are 2 windows of acceptance for NUS, the deadline of 1st June is the first accpetance window.. they would have another round after that cos some ppl who got accepted may reject it

xsco
05-25-2010, 04:19 PM
It's almost June 1, the usual deadline for confirmation for NUS. If I still haven't received any news (application status says my application is still processing) does that mean I'm likely to be rejected? I mean, NUS won't just give you 5 days to decide on your uni, right?

I am international student applying to FASS.

For international students, admission goes all the way right up till End June Mid July...so dont worry. no news does not mean rejected. You will get a reply if ur rejected. so no worries.

chochocandy
05-25-2010, 07:09 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am pretty much borderline on the FASS grade profile so it makes sense that I have to wait a bit longer.

I've been offered SMU Biz. Should I accept the offer first and wait for NUS? Would it still be possible to later on forfeit the SMU place and go for NUS instead?

Ashearo
05-25-2010, 09:46 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am pretty much borderline on the FASS grade profile so it makes sense that I have to wait a bit longer.

I've been offered SMU Biz. Should I accept the offer first and wait for NUS? Would it still be possible to later on forfeit the SMU place and go for NUS instead?

You should take SMU's offer first because they will not wait for you. You should also call up NUS and let them know that you are going to accept SMU's offer first, but request for them to continue to consider you for admission. They will understand your situation.

silentgiggler
05-26-2010, 02:09 AM
hey! i applied to FASS too and havent got an answer ):

chochocandy
05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
You international too?

I emailed NUS admissions. They told me the latest I'd probably get my result is Mid June and I should probably accept any of the offers I've had while negotiating the conditions of my confirmation.

Thanks for the help everyone. Best of luck to everyone with no result yet. :D

rcrvlho
05-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey guys,

I'm an Indian applicant who's still waiting for news from NUS. As per the online status page they've begun processing my application. When do you think I'll get a notification of the outcome?

Also, I've applied to FASS and would like to know my chances - I've got a 92% in the Indian Std 12 exam with 6 subjects and with 5 subjects (which is the minimum), it's about 93%. Decent extra-curriculars but nothing fancy either.

I've also applied to SCI at NTU, still waiting for the outcome - they say it will be out in the first two weeks of June which is fine, but NUS can go all the way upto Mid-July as per the site! :(

shootingstar18
05-27-2010, 11:36 PM
I've yet to receive my letter too. Perhaps I fall under the '2nd Accceptance Window' category, which isn't very encouraging too. :(

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/local/acceptance/AYA-acceptance.html#top

Acceptance window: 8 April 2010 – 1 June 2010
2nd Acceptance window: 10 June 2010 – 22 June 2010

chochocandy
05-28-2010, 12:13 AM
rcrvlho - Well, NUS replied to my email saying that for my country, the Philippines, the latest would be Mid June so I think it really depends on where you're from. It would be best to ask them the probably date of notification of your application outcome.

And yeah, I honestly believe we're the 'borderline' or waistlisted people. My result is relatively like yours - good but not exactly superior or competitive. I'm guessing that NUS is waiting for slots to open up before offering us anything. Hopefully FASS isn't popular this year.

rcrvlho
05-28-2010, 11:04 AM
@ Shooting Star - Are you international? Coz I think the online acceptance platform is only for locals.

@ Chochocandy - Thanks! I just sent them a mail asking them about it. Guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed now :)

shootingstar18
05-28-2010, 05:14 PM
@ Shooting Star - Are you international? Coz I think the online acceptance platform is only for locals.

@ Chochocandy - Thanks! I just sent them a mail asking them about it. Guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed now :)

nope im local. currently 2nd yr undergrad with UOL pursuing my LLB. but attempting to get in NUS FASS with my a levels and have also included my UOL 1st yr results. but.. sighs! :(

rcrvlho
05-29-2010, 05:30 PM
@ ShootingStar18 - Do you think marks from 1st year of college have a significant bearing on our admission? I've finished a year of college in India and my results aren't good at all. I submitted those marks too along with my high school ones. I hope they don't take them largely into consideration.

shootingstar18
05-30-2010, 01:09 PM
@ ShootingStar18 - Do you think marks from 1st year of college have a significant bearing on our admission? I've finished a year of college in India and my results aren't good at all. I submitted those marks too along with my high school ones. I hope they don't take them largely into consideration.

Hey do you mean college as University? Because I'm not quite sure of the interchangeable terms btw diff countries. :p I do think that it will help because I was told to include my 1st yr marks in Uni too. I try to use that to my advantage and argue that I do have potential. Plus, Law isn't very simple either. I hope they do take that into strong consideration.

But till now, still no news and it's the 31st of May tmr alrdy. :( :(

silentgiggler
05-30-2010, 03:22 PM
hey shootingstar, did you apply under category E? because im from that category and i also havent received any answer ):

i applied for FASS too.. and went for a DA interview already.

when i called up over the weekend, the automated machine said for cat e we would know from may to mid june.

shootingstar18
05-31-2010, 03:02 PM
hey shootingstar, did you apply under category E? because im from that category and i also havent received any answer ):

i applied for FASS too.. and went for a DA interview already.

when i called up over the weekend, the automated machine said for cat e we would know from may to mid june.

I think I applied under the Category A but I'm not too sure since I had included my Uni results and am currently an undergraduate too.
There was no interview for me and I had submitted a late application which they vetted and allowed me to. Hence I have a chance to compete against the other applicants with A level certs I guess.

It's 31st May already and I have not receive any news from NUS nor are there any updates on the web application, thus I emailed the person and she replied that

If you receive an offer after the 1st of June, you will fall into the 2nd Acceptance window.

Hence I guess there are still a wee bit of chance afterall, though not very high... :(

shootingstar18
05-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Those under category E, please be informed that

the 1st and 2nd acceptance windows do not apply to you. The outcome for Category E applicants will be released in batches until the end of June. You will be notified by post of your admission outcome, however, you may check the Online Status Enquiry Facility at https://aces01.nus.edu.sg/uasonline/Login if you have been offered a place as well.

as extracted from the email NUS replied to me. :)

rcrvlho
05-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Hey Shootingstar,

Yes, by college I do mean University. And I've sent in my first semester marks to NUS, although they aren't good at all. However, these marks are from a business course which hopefully won't have a huge bearing on my admission. Generally I've read and heard that NUS places high importance on 12th grade board marks and nothing else...What do you think?

rcrvlho
05-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Oh, and another question:

If the online acceptance platform is only open to the following categories:

The online common acceptance platform is only applicable to the following category of applicants:
1) Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level applicants (those whose Application No. starts with '10XXXXXX' or ‘30XXXXXX’), and
2) Polytechnic applicants (those whose Application No. starts with '40XXXXXX’), and
3) International Baccalaureate applicants (those whose Application No. starts with '600XXXXX’ or ‘609XXXXX’), and
4) NUS High School applicants (those whose Application No. starts with '602XXXXX').

How do international students confirm their acceptance? Just curious.

shootingstar18
05-31-2010, 11:03 PM
rcrvlho : i think international students have the same facility on their online acceptance website, no?

and sorry, but what did u mean by 12th grade board marks ?

rcrvlho
06-01-2010, 06:10 PM
@ShootingStar18,

By 12th grade boards marks, I mean your final high school results.

shootingstar18
06-01-2010, 08:42 PM
@ShootingStar18,

By 12th grade boards marks, I mean your final high school results.

High school would be A levels right...? :S

I think if one falls under the category E, perhaps they will take both uni and A levels results together...? I'm not sure too :(

rcrvlho
06-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Yes, A-levels or equivalent :P

I did the ISC (Indian School Certificate) exam which is the Indian equivalent of the A-levels.

And what students fall under Category E?

shootingstar18
06-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Yes, A-levels or equivalent :P

I did the ISC (Indian School Certificate) exam which is the Indian equivalent of the A-levels.

And what students fall under Category E?

They include :

Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents

with International Qualifications
with qualifications in addition to the Singapore- Cambridge ‘A’ Levels and/or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic in Singapore
with University Degree(s)
who are current undergraduates in an overseas university
who are former students from NUS/NTU/SMU seeking readmission

Do check out http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/local/admissionreq/BYA-admission.html for more info :)

chochocandy
06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Anyone got a reply yet? :D

shootingstar18
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Anyone got a reply yet? :D

Not yet... The wait's killing me. At least let me know that I have been rejected or something?!! :mad:

rcrvlho
06-10-2010, 11:14 PM
I can totally relate to that ^ Shootingstar...

What about you, Chochochandy?

chochocandy
06-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Still nothing sadly. And it's almost Mid June! :(

chochocandy
06-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Just checked my application outcome. Sadly, I didn't make it. How about you guys?

shootingstar18
06-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Just checked my application outcome. Sadly, I didn't make it. How about you guys?

Same here. Guess I'll have to concentrate doubly, if not triply hard on my current LLB degree....... :(

silentgiggler
06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
mine still says processing =/ but i have a feeling i'll most probably be rejected

shootingstar18
06-12-2010, 03:46 PM
mine still says processing =/ but i have a feeling i'll most probably be rejected

You will receive yours soon. I'm being rejected. :(

rcrvlho
06-12-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear about you two. I got rejected by SCI at NTU. Still waiting for my outcome from NUS. Says it's still processing...

Shaynikins
06-12-2010, 08:03 PM
rcrvlho, you got rejected by NTU during the first window of acceptance or appeal?

shootingstar18
06-12-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear about you two. I got rejected by SCI at NTU. Still waiting for my outcome from NUS. Says it's still processing...

Are you a Cat E applicant too?

rcrvlho
06-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm an international applicant, not category D.

shootingstar18
06-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm an international applicant, not category D.

Means under Cat E right?

jinky
06-14-2010, 04:28 PM
I just got rejected too :( I thought they will notify you through email also but they didn't.
________
Vaporizer wiki (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

rcrvlho
06-15-2010, 12:46 AM
I don't know what alphabetical category that would put me in...

But Chochocandy is also international, and got rejected. I'm still waiting for an outcome :(

chochocandy
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Sorry to hear that guys. Will all of you be appealing? Considering we were so close to acceptance, we stand a good chance of getting in.