PDA

View Full Version : Research job

LkG
06-17-2010, 12:23 AM
How hard is it to get a research job in the field of Biology in Singapore? I'm interested in Biology, but I'm not sure if I can get a job.

patryn33
06-17-2010, 04:41 AM
how high is your edu level?
or should I say how high will your edu level be when U're out looking for a research job?

minicar
06-24-2011, 05:25 PM
how high is your edu level?
or should I say how high will your edu level be when U're out looking for a research job?

Well that's frankly fair to ask. Also, if quite hesitant on this job post better yet seek other alternative match for your criteria.

teddynuts
09-08-2011, 06:12 PM
How hard is it to get a research job in the field of Biology in Singapore? I'm interested in Biology, but I'm not sure if I can get a job.

There are many biology related jobs in Singapore, but the question is how much of your skill is in demand? Firstly what is your education level. Secondly, what type of research in biology. Research is highly specific, and research in biology can mean anything. I advise you to look for for A Star advertisements in the Saturday Executive Appointment section of the classifieds. There, you will find a range of research jobs in biology, bot just limited to a star, but also industry as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
03-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Any idea what is the average starting salary of a fresh PHD student in Chemistry or Biology? What is the pay like in the mid-thirties(assuming 4 years spent on first degree and another 4 years spent on doctorate)?

Aichan
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Any idea what is the average starting salary of a fresh PHD student in Chemistry or Biology? What is the pay like in the mid-thirties(assuming 4 years spent on first degree and another 4 years spent on doctorate)?

Depends on the institute and the demand(there are many different areas within Chemistry and Biology itself) Starting pay for undergrad graduate with honours is around 3.2k, PhD 5-7k as far as I know.

mgkumar138
06-16-2013, 12:07 PM
but you will be earning 5-7k when you are 30+ after finishing your Ph.d. while you will only be getting about $3k max when doing your Ph.d studies if you are on scholarship. if looking for financial freedom or settling down in life is that okay??