PDA

View Full Version : Anyone successfully appealed to courses in nus already ?

quantumfusion
06-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Would like to know if anyone successfully appealed to courses in nus already ?
am still waiting for mine and kinda getting inpatient already :(

Thanks

Wishful
06-19-2010, 03:38 AM
dear quantum, i have not received any news at all from nus yet, not even from the site.

thus I have managed to kick in the back-up plan which is to apply to medicine overseas.

i suspect i have a very high chance of landing a place at UQ. But I may be applying to UNSW too.

of course, it would be most convenient if NUS grants me that place!

Metamorphosis20
06-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Would like to know if anyone successfully appealed to courses in nus already ?
am still waiting for mine and kinda getting inpatient already :(

Thanks

Yes, successfully appealed to NUS Business without any interview!

All the best to you quantum!

Trastus
06-19-2010, 01:26 PM
may i know ur grades metamorphosis?

Metamorphosis20
06-19-2010, 01:31 PM
may i know ur grades metamorphosis?

H2s AAB, H1s Straight Bs.

quantumfusion
06-19-2010, 05:42 PM

Congratz metamorphosis !

I am still waiting for my pharmacy appeal(didnt apply for this initially, only medicine)
I have 4As and with a score of 85/90. I think i qualify but i have yet to received any news from NUS sigh.

Lurv_1989
06-19-2010, 06:55 PM

Congrats!!

I went for NUS Business Interview for appeals..

Wonder when I'll get my outcome..

Anyway, when did you receive notice of your acceptance? Today?

Metamorphosis20
06-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Congrats!!

I went for NUS Business Interview for appeals..

Wonder when I'll get my outcome..

Anyway, when did you receive notice of your acceptance? Today?

Thanks! I got my letter last Friday (11th June). =)

Metamorphosis20
06-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Congratz metamorphosis !

I am still waiting for my pharmacy appeal(didnt apply for this initially, only medicine)
I have 4As and with a score of 85/90. I think i qualify but i have yet to received any news from NUS sigh.

Wow that's really a set of awesome results. All the best to you!

quantumfusion
06-19-2010, 11:16 PM
oh shit , i checked UAS online and was told that my appeal was unsuccessful -.-
Really disappointed , thought i have a high chance for that . Oh well . really regret only putting medicine when selecting courses.
Need to move on now , unless some miracle can happen.

puffyy
06-20-2010, 01:49 AM
oh shit , i checked UAS online and was told that my appeal was unsuccessful -.-
Really disappointed , thought i have a high chance for that . Oh well . really regret only putting medicine when selecting courses.
Need to move on now , unless some miracle can happen.

My friend got 88.75 and was too rejected for appeal for pharmacy.

Does anyone here have any idea how to try to appeal again?

quantumfusion
06-20-2010, 09:00 PM
My friend got 88.75 and was too rejected for appeal for pharmacy.

Does anyone here have any idea how to try to appeal again?
your friend is more deserving for a place in pharmacy yet got rejected too :(
i think appeal is final , but hold on for miracle . i heard sometimes office of admission can mess thing up , and offer people a position even if the website write as appeal failed .

is your friend like me too , only apply for medicine and end up appealing for something he/she did not apply for ?

puffyy
06-20-2010, 09:30 PM
your friend is more deserving for a place in pharmacy yet got rejected too :(
i think appeal is final , but hold on for miracle . i heard sometimes office of admission can mess thing up , and offer people a position even if the website write as appeal failed .

is your friend like me too , only apply for medicine and end up appealing for something he/she did not apply for ?

Nope she actually put pharmacy as her 2nd choice but decided against her 1st choice after admission into her 1st choice and kind of regretted it so now she's appealing for it.

quantumfusion
06-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Nope she actually put pharmacy as her 2nd choice but decided against her 1st choice after admission into her 1st choice and kind of regretted it so now she's appealing for it.

how can that be , 88.75 score and got rejected from pharmacy even though its your fren 2nd choice ? hard to believe lol.
did ur fren go for med/law interview?

rui
06-20-2010, 10:23 PM
how can that be , 88.75 score and got rejected from pharmacy even though its your fren 2nd choice ? hard to believe lol.

I think this could be an issue with availability. Pharmacy can be quite a sought-after course, and hence most of the places could've been already filled with people who applied for it as their first choice, or have been offered due to rejection from their first few choices.

puffyy
06-20-2010, 10:29 PM

no, she got into her first choice which was FOS. I found that hard to believe too.

quantumfusion
06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
i just called pharmacy faculty. they did not receive any appeal at all , so probably that means the number of slots are already full.
:(

Wishful
06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
or maybe, the administration is very slow... as usual..

don't worry I am sure a few students may actually drop out of pharmacy to pursue other degree locally or overseas..

quantumfusion
06-21-2010, 07:22 PM
or maybe, the administration is very slow... as usual..

don't worry I am sure a few students may actually drop out of pharmacy to pursue other degree locally or overseas..

but , i am already confirmed rejected on the website , still possible meh ?

rui
06-21-2010, 08:41 PM
but , i am already confirmed rejected on the website , still possible meh ?

From what I understand, in the coming months until Matriculation season, if in the event there is a vacancy, they may contact you to ask if you wish to take up the offer. But that also means there is a waiting list, and there's no telling which number you are.

I should think they reserve the right to not invite anyone else despite having a vacancy, however.

quantumfusion
06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
From what I understand, in the coming months until Matriculation season, if in the event there is a vacancy, they may contact you to ask if you wish to take up the offer. But that also means there is a waiting list, and there's no telling which number you are.

I should think they reserve the right to not invite anyone else despite having a vacancy, however.

thanks for giving me a little bit of hope lol

TanX
06-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Anyone successfully appeal to NUS accountancy?

Lurv_1989
06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone!

I have successfully appealed to NUS Business Admin after going for the interview on 14th June 2010..

Got to know it yesterday.. :D

Stuplexy
06-22-2010, 11:32 AM
I've successfully appealed to NUS Biz Admin too (:

marcus
06-22-2010, 01:08 PM
congrats all on their appeal success

from what i heard today, they are still processing the last batch of appeals, so there is still hope :)

TanX
06-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Congratz!
Why all biz admin, no BBA(acc)?

Lurv_1989
06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
I've successfully appealed to NUS Biz Admin too (:

Haha!! Congrats to you!!

Hope to see ya in Business School!! Maybe we'll even be classmates!! :D

shootingstar18
06-23-2010, 12:24 AM
congrats all on their appeal success

from what i heard today, they are still processing the last batch of appeals, so there is still hope :)

That is for Cat A(a levels) and B(poly) right?

Shaynikins
06-23-2010, 12:54 AM
shootingstar18, you are right on that count.

I'm waiting for my appeal in NUS now. Still showing Appeal Received so I hope I can hear some good news before friday at least! :)

Jinxian
06-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi, i'm waiting for NUS's news too...cos my appeal to NTU was unsuccessful, which i dunno why too...
Btw, it's so 'late' now, does that means higher chances of getting a negative reply? I'm veri afraid now...:(

Wishful
06-23-2010, 10:48 PM
if an appeal is unsuccessful, it will update from appeal received to appeal unsuccessful? how do i know if my appeal is rejected? anyone?

quantumfusion
06-26-2010, 02:31 AM
if an appeal is unsuccessful, it will update from appeal received to appeal unsuccessful? how do i know if my appeal is rejected? anyone?

check UASonline

LeeRain
06-26-2010, 10:34 PM
i just called pharmacy faculty. they did not receive any appeal at all , so probably that means the number of slots are already full :eek:

onegal
06-26-2010, 11:13 PM
i just called pharmacy faculty. they did not receive any appeal at all , so probably that means the number of slots are already full :eek:

OMG. what about FASS?

HOPEFUL
06-26-2010, 11:20 PM
still waiting for nus appeal. is there still hope?

shootingstar18
06-27-2010, 03:03 PM

How can this be? :confused:

minny
07-02-2010, 08:41 AM
check UASonline

hey when we check USA online right we look under appeal status for appeal results right? not the application status? cause my application status is still the "we regret that you did not get a place in NUS" and appeal status is "appeal received".

thanks for help and all the best to those still waiting for appeal results like me:/

Wishful
07-02-2010, 09:03 AM
hey when we check USA online right we look under appeal status for appeal results right? not the application status? cause my application status is still the "we regret that you did not get a place in NUS" and appeal status is "appeal received".

thanks for help and all the best to those still waiting for appeal results like me:/

Yes I am wondering if this is the case.

Please, any kind souls ;)

Lurv_1989
07-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Yes I am wondering if this is the case.

Please, any kind souls ;)

I would suppose that they update both together..

Before I knew my appeal was successful, the application status is reflected as what I saw in NUS's first offer. The appeal status is reflected as "Appeal received".

When I got notice of my successful appeal, I saw that under the application status, it states the new offer from NUS, while in the appeal status, it is shown as "appeal successful". In addition, under the remarks section, there was a comment stating that "Appeal Successful. Appeal offer will supersede previous offer made on 15 April.."

That's what I saw.. Don't know if it will help in your analysis of how the system works..

Wishful
07-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I would suppose that they update both together..

Before I knew my appeal was successful, the application status is reflected as what I saw in NUS's first offer. The appeal status is reflected as "Appeal received".

When I got notice of my successful appeal, I saw that under the application status, it states the new offer from NUS, while in the appeal status, it is shown as "appeal successful". In addition, under the remarks section, there was a comment stating that "Appeal Successful. Appeal offer will supersede previous offer made on 15 April.."

That's what I saw.. Don't know if it will help in your analysis of how the system works..

Thank you for the insight.

I was wondering if there's any point pestering admissions.

Either way, I'm going to korea from 5th to 11th of July.

So when I am back, I guess its judgement time. No point pestering the admin people who are busy as they are . :)

Lurv_1989
07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you for the insight.

I was wondering if there's any point pestering admissions.

Either way, I'm going to korea from 5th to 11th of July.

So when I am back, I guess its judgement time. No point pestering the admin people who are busy as they are . :)

I totally know where you're coming from.. Having experienced that wait myself during the first round of acceptance..

Anyways, don't think too much about it!! Just enjoy your trip to Korea!! :D

pauline10
07-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I totally know where you're coming from.. Having experienced that wait myself during the first round of acceptance..

Anyways, don't think too much about it!! Just enjoy your trip to Korea!! :D

I'm just curious.My acceptance letter is due 30 June.There are stil people that are waiting for appeal results,are there different due dates for acceptance letters?

Lurv_1989
07-04-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm just curious.My acceptance letter is due 30 June.There are stil people that are waiting for appeal results,are there different due dates for acceptance letters?

Yes. I believe there are different dates set. My successful appeal was made known to me on 18th June (via online portal). I received the letter on 21st June and the deadline given was till 28th June.

pauline10
07-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Yes. I believe there are different dates set. My successful appeal was made known to me on 18th June (via online portal). I received the letter on 21st June and the deadline given was till 28th June.

Oh..i see.May i know which course you got into?I'm in Design n environment dept.

Lurv_1989
07-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Oh..i see.May i know which course you got into?I'm in Design n environment dept.

Haha... I was initially from School of Design and Environment (Project and Facilities Management) in the first round of acceptance..

My successful appeal was to Business Admin (NUS Business School).. :D

HOPEFUL
07-07-2010, 12:12 AM
does it mean there is no hope when my nus appeal still currently show: appeal receieved?
any body has any idea which hotline to call?
I REALLY WANT TO GET INTO NUS!

Lurv_1989
07-07-2010, 07:34 AM
does it mean there is no hope when my nus appeal still currently show: appeal receieved?
any body has any idea which hotline to call?
I REALLY WANT TO GET INTO NUS!

No, I think its the exact opposite. Once you receive the rejection, then there's no hope as they have rejected you. If it is still processing, there is still hope. So don't worry.. :)

I think you can just call their admissions office at 6516 1010.. Haha.. Called a couple of times myself in the past..

Hope to see ya in NUS soon!!

HOPEFUL
07-07-2010, 10:11 PM
thanks Luv_1989! that was really heartwarming!! :D
but the hotline, the admin pple just asked me to wait. one even screamed at me the other time! HAHA

Lurv_1989
07-07-2010, 10:50 PM
thanks Luv_1989! that was really heartwarming!! :D
but the hotline, the admin pple just asked me to wait. one even screamed at me the other time! HAHA

Haha.. I experienced it once too.. Haiz.. But if I try to put myself in their shoes, I can totally understand where they're coming from..

I think they must be terrified of even hearing the phone ring now.. Imagine every call they have to say the same thing.. Haiz.. So sad..

quantumfusion
07-10-2010, 10:14 PM
dont worry guys . From past history , appeals are processed even right up to like the beginning of the term.

HOPEFUL
07-11-2010, 12:07 AM
dont worry guys . From past history , appeals are processed even right up to like the beginning of the term.

serious?!?!!? u mean there is still hope even when they start school?!

Wishful
07-11-2010, 10:05 AM
for those appeal rejected,

what are your plans at this point of time?:confused:

Wishful
07-11-2010, 10:08 AM
would re-appealing help?

i want to highlight something out of the box...

rui
07-11-2010, 10:35 AM
would re-appealing help?

i want to highlight something out of the box...

I think you would obtain the best answer by calling up the Admissions Office.

shootingstar18
07-11-2010, 12:29 PM
for those appeal rejected,

what are your plans at this point of time?:confused:

Think you should have contingencies. Apply for other Unis be it local or pte,consider retaking your A levels or apply for overseas uni? :)

Wishful
07-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Think you should have contingencies. Apply for other Unis be it local or pte,consider retaking your A levels or apply for overseas uni? :)

my prob is the interview, where i was quite nervous and gave some not so good answers.. though it wasnt a total disaster either..

but yeap, applied to overseas uni..... i will re-appeal to try via email, but just to try.

grill
07-11-2010, 08:56 PM
i re-appeal and they actually asked for more details about me. however sadly, till now there is no news. i do not know if that helps or not. maybe i am just not destined to enter NUS :(

shootingstar18
07-12-2010, 12:47 AM
my prob is the interview, where i was quite nervous and gave some not so good answers.. though it wasnt a total disaster either..

but yeap, applied to overseas uni..... i will re-appeal to try via email, but just to try.

Yep, I think the best would be to open yourself to all options. Local unis aren't everything (I can't believe I'm saying this myself but only now. LOL) :p:D

quantumfusion
07-13-2010, 11:52 PM
serious?!?!!? u mean there is still hope even when they start school?!

yup. !

re-appeal only if u think ur grades make it . Ultimately , they look at ur grades ;)

innovator
08-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi everyone!

I have successfully appealed to NUS Business Admin after going for the interview on 14th June 2010..

Got to know it yesterday.. :D

hey lurv... U r a poly grad rite? may i noe whts ur grade for each of ur o lvl subjects?

Lurv_1989
08-09-2010, 12:39 AM
hey lurv... U r a poly grad rite? may i noe whts ur grade for each of ur o lvl subjects?

Sure do!

My O Level Results are as follow:

English - A2
Chinese Language - B3
E Maths - B4
Combined Humanities - B3
Combined Science - A2
Food and Nutrition - A2

L1R5 = 16
L1R4 = 12

CCA Grade: A