PDA

View Full Version : TOEFL required?

kuchimeh
10-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I'm taking As this year and am intending to apply to US universities. I've checked some of their websites and it's stated that TOEFL is required for international students who do not have English as their first language, just wondering if it's required for Singapore students. Anyone knows?
By the way, I'm a guy and have to serve NS, the scores only last for 2 years, if it is required, when should I take it? Thanks in advance.

Run
10-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I'm taking As this year and am intending to apply to US universities. I've checked some of their websites and it's stated that TOEFL is required for international students who do not have English as their first language, just wondering if it's required for Singapore students. Anyone knows?
By the way, I'm a guy and have to serve NS, the scores only last for 2 years, if it is required, when should I take it? Thanks in advance.

There are universities which require students to take the TOEFL, but many of them will waive TOEFL requirement if you score decently on the SAT or ACT.

Also, there is a similar thread about the TOEFL requirements here (http://forum.brightsparks.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3948).

kuchimeh
10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
got it, thanks a lot. Guess I got to ask the schools individually

Haecceity
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't suggest asking the schools individually if it's stated on the school website whether you need TOEFL or not. After all, the admissions officers can be quite busy.