PDA

View Full Version : Education and Honours

Johnnycakes
03-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Is it true that for one to teach in a junior college and beyond, one needs to have a honours degree? And those who get merit degree can only teach in Primary and Secondary only?

Akiyama
03-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey, may i know wats the difference between bachelor with honours and normal bachelor? do u apply for the honours one during ur application to uni or when u have entered into uni?

jaffa
03-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Is it true that for one to teach in a junior college and beyond, one needs to have a honours degree? And those who get merit degree can only teach in Primary and Secondary only?

No hard and fast rule I believe, it's just that there is a tendency for a higher proportion of teachers in JCs having honours degrees. And then again you can't choose between Sec/JC, unless you intend to be hired by an independent school.

ultrasc
05-14-2011, 01:50 PM
No hard and fast rule I believe, it's just that there is a tendency for a higher proportion of teachers in JCs having honours degrees. And then again you can't choose between Sec/JC, unless you intend to be hired by an independent school.

I choose to disagree. I read somewhere that only teachers with good honours (2nd class and above) or better qualifications are selected to teach at JC. Therefore you find more teachers who are scholars at JC.

Secondary schools are for mainstream teachers with a degree while Primary schools hold a mix of teachers with a degree in science(or equivalent) or a degree/diploma in education from NIE.

punkhead
05-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I hope to pursue honours.gpa need 3.5 right?how is gpa calculated??is it difficult to attain 3.5?

N direct honours is it really direct??even if u screw up damn bad??