PDA

View Full Version : What do employers look at, in a job applicant?

Grandiloquence
01-04-2012, 07:36 PM
I would like to ask for the opinion of you guys, what do you think is the most important qualification in one's resume that defines a top job applicant?

For me, I think I will look at a school's brand name (Harvard, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford vs. the average NUS, NTU, SMU, SIM, Kaplan vs. the (put nicely) less recognized overseas universities like those in Australia), and whether the job applicant is/was a recipient of a prestigious scholarship (to show that he/she is a top all-rounded individual, not one who only knows how to study).

acgerlok7
01-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I would like to ask for the opinion of you guys, what do you think is the most important qualification in one's resume that defines a top job applicant?

For me, I think I will look at a school's brand name (Harvard, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford vs. the average NUS, NTU, SMU, SIM, Kaplan vs. the (put nicely) less recognized overseas universities like those in Australia), and whether the job applicant is/was a recipient of a prestigious scholarship (to show that he/she is a top all-rounded individual, not one who only knows how to study).

well, for me, i do think dat the hands-on experience u get when you are doing your internship and other sets of skills such as patience, ability to handle stress, communication skills do come in more handy too to clinch a job. Of course, as a top graduate fron a top university, many doors are definitely open up to you, certain firms, especially the top ones, like Goldman Sachs, UBS, JP Morgan , Merrill Lynch, Deustche Bank and even microsoft and Apple Inc only recruit people from top unis.

PureFitness
01-20-2012, 09:13 AM
and even microsoft and Apple Inc only recruit people from top unis.

Not true in singapore.

annahussy
07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I think It will be great information that getting the good experience through your internship. I think It will have to create a fun and enjoyment rather then facing the stress and tension.