BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #41
Alex

Alex has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeweiren View Post
We have more undergraduates interning and working overseas.
I think this statement needs qualifying.
________
BODY SCIENCE

Last edited by Alex; 04-29-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #42
Alex

Alex has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
I was wondering, in terms of standard and ranking. Is SMU comparable to NUS? It is after all the third locally recognized university. First choice would be NUS banking and finance but I'm just afraid that I don't meet the criteria so I'm considering my other 2 options. NTU would be located too far from where I stay whilst SMU is more centralized but what I'm worried about is the way of teaching there. One of seniors was mentioning that the teaching style there is different from NUS/NTU... true?
Teaching style different? - Not true. NTU and NUS also have modules which are seminar style.

Smaller class size? - Not true. SMU does not have tutorials. NTU and NUS tutorial sizes can range from 12-20. SMU classes are about 40?

As recognised? - In Singapore probably true. Because it is a Government aided University. Globally, not true. SMU does not have the accreditations that NTU and NUS programmes have.

More practical? - Not true. NTU and NUS have won more competitions in recent years as highlighted in the newspapers.

Earns more? - Not true. Top graduates earn as much as each other. The rest are not reported.
________
The Cigar Boss

Last edited by Alex; 04-29-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #43
jess_py89

jess_py89 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Teaching style different? - Not true. NTU and NUS also have modules which are seminar style.

Smaller class size? - Not true. SMU does not have tutorials. NTU and NUS tutorial sizes can range from 12-20. SMU classes are about 40?

As recognised? - In Singapore probably true. Because it is a Government aided University. Globally, not true. SMU does not have the accreditations that NTU and NUS programmes have.

More practical? - Not true. NTU and NUS have won more competitions in recent years as highlighted in the newspapers.

Earns more? - Not true. Top graduates earn as much as each other. The rest are not reported.
well, salary differences are reported in the Graduate Employment Survey. can check out the following links.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/
http://www.salary.sg/2007/smu-graduates-starting-pay/
jess_py89 is offline   Reply With Quote