BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #31
deebs

deebs has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeweiren View Post
The Cum Laude System is a totally different honors system of those you see in NUS and NTU. To get at least a Cum Laude, one must attain an average that is slight higher than a B+ grade, which is 3.4 (B+ is 3.3). So by judging this, if you get an average B grade, you will not be getting a honors.

I am not sure the number of honors that SMU have given out. But what I am very sure about is that having good honors doesn't mean you will find a promising or good-pay jobs. You might hear from the press where students who graduate with honors with promising jobs. But in school, you will hear even more seniors who might have a GPA of 2.8 something or maybe 3, getting promising job like Invesment Banker, Analyst. Honors is not about everything though it might be important for certain jobs.

But seriously, it's an individual effort that matters. If you have the passion for these business modules, you will do well in it.

See u in SMU

Thanks for clearing my doubts! See how useful ur info is even in 2012!=>
deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #32
linhdang

linhdang has a neutral reputation
Talking Research opportunities

Hi

I've read quite a few threads about NUS vs NTU vs SMU, but people seem to be mainly concerned about school rankings, teaching methods, etc. I have not heard much about research opportunities.

I was a student research back in JC so I am quite concerned about whether I can do research again in uni, even though I applied to business

Does SMU have lots of research programmes for undergraduate business students? Or are they just for graduate students? What about NUS and NTU?

Thanks loads ^^
linhdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #33
robertsky

robertsky has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhdang View Post
Hi

I've read quite a few threads about NUS vs NTU vs SMU, but people seem to be mainly concerned about school rankings, teaching methods, etc. I have not heard much about research opportunities.

I was a student research back in JC so I am quite concerned about whether I can do research again in uni, even though I applied to business

Does SMU have lots of research programmes for undergraduate business students? Or are they just for graduate students? What about NUS and NTU?

Thanks loads ^^
you can try to apply to be a research assistant of a prof... beyond that, it is not really common.
robertsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #34
justabottle

justabottle has a neutral reputation
Default Job prospects for SoSS

Hi, would just like to ask the job prospects for SoSS, because I heard from people that SoSS's job prospects are only very limited.

The job prospects of the course at the end of the day is very important to me because financially my family isn't that well, and I don't want to be wasting my parent's money to get a degree at the end of 4 years and finding out that I have limited job prospects.

Thanks in advance )
justabottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #35
tay18

tay18 has a neutral reputation
Default biz career prospects

heyy guys just want to ask whats the reality like for biz grads in the working world. i know the GES 2014 claims that its 87% employment rate for the bachelors programme and salary is abt 3K but are these facts really true? cix i have heard that fresh grads will end up doing entry level positions like clerical tasks thats very low pay. I apologise for sounding so materialistic and shallow but what are the real job prospects like for fresh undergrads? do you need to do MBA?

Last edited by tay18; 06-23-2014 at 11:01 PM.
tay18 is offline   Reply With Quote