BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Career Issues > Career Issues > Medicine, Dentistry & Healthcare
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
tange

tange has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingmountains View Post
Hey who's going to TCD this year for medicine??
Hi!
I will be going off to TCD too. Have quite abit of questions about prepping for Ireland . Do you happen to know any seniors at TCD? thanks!
tange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
abdullah

abdullah has a neutral reputation
Smile anyone attended iumc interview on 16 march? how was it?

Does anyone happen to know the chances of getting into irish med schools?
Results as follows:
h2 chem A
h2phy A
H2 maths A
H2 geog A
GP C
malay A with dist
PW B
Im in ns right now so im hoping to get in in 2014 intake. I heard the intake for singaporeans is only 5 for each of the 4 unis (which is still competitive)
My choices were as follows: TCD, UCD, UCC, galway.:-D
I got interviewed by the tcd panel and the interviewer was a very nice lady. This was how it went. I went in. Said hi and she said hi back and then i shook her hand. Then she asked me first of all what im doing in ns. Then i told her abt the things i do in ns and how exciting and how much action there was in it (which i emphasized of course but she seemed really impressed haha). Then i told her abt how i learnt to work in a team which i really enjoy and how its impt in a career in med. Then i was asked 'was this the first time o realised i enjoy working in a team?) Then i said no and talked abt the teamwork i also did in PW and in my cca guitar ensemble (she had to correct my pronounciation of 'ensemble' haha but she laughed it off). And then why medicine? Cuz u like sci and i believe med would gimme a platform for me to apply my knowledge in ..... Then she said my results from the looks of it were really good to which i smiled and said thank u vry much :-). And then 'why ireland?' Cuz of the emphasis the curriculum there has on bedside teaching and bedside manner which i felt were really impt for doctors. And then why tcd as first choice? Cuz what makes tcd unique is pbl and ....
Then ahe asked if i had any qns. I asked abt my chances of doing internship yr in ireland and what wud be the course of action shud a student perform poorly. After answering she smiled and said thank u and shook my hand. It was a nice exp overall i have to say. Now i just have to find out if i get shortlisted for the next interview haha.
abdullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
hahating

hahating has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehnehneh View Post
Anyone going TCD/Ireland this year?
Hey I applied to but I haven't gone for the second interview... When were you offered?
hahating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
hahating

hahating has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehnehneh View Post
Hey!! I was offered just one week ago! Went for my second interview on 1st may! U applied for med in tcd?
Hey yup I applied for tcd too! Was wondering if you were made to pay the deposit for admissions already? How much is the deposit?
hahating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #15
chicken

chicken has a neutral reputation
Default Ireland 2017

Hello! Anyone applied through IUMC and going to Ireland to do Medicine this year?
chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #16
Christchurch

Christchurch has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken View Post
Hello! Anyone applied through IUMC and going to Ireland to do Medicine this year?
are you? i might be going!
Christchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #17
kengmin

kengmin has a neutral reputation
Default Ucc

anyone got experience to share about first year at Ireland in terms of study pace, demands from the course, lodgings, etc.
kengmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #18
chicken

chicken has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengmin View Post
anyone got experience to share about first year at Ireland in terms of study pace, demands from the course, lodgings, etc.
hello there! i'm currently doing my first year in ireland, and I'm really enjoying it here so far! the pace of studies is pretty manageable, with a lot of self directed learning. and considering we have to do everything else ourselves too- like cooking, cleaning etc. lodgings is slightly different from singapore, in the sense that we live in apartments rather than halls (like in NUS or NTU), so it really feels like a home with housemates. i would say private housing here might be a cheaper option compared to school accommodations. :-)

good luck!
chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:36 PM   #19
kengmin

kengmin has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken View Post
hello there! i'm currently doing my first year in ireland, and I'm really enjoying it here so far! the pace of studies is pretty manageable, with a lot of self directed learning. and considering we have to do everything else ourselves too- like cooking, cleaning etc. lodgings is slightly different from singapore, in the sense that we live in apartments rather than halls (like in NUS or NTU), so it really feels like a home with housemates. i would say private housing here might be a cheaper option compared to school accommodations. :-)

good luck!
Which part of Ireland are you studying in - Dublin/ Cork? I have received the offer and will be starting first year there this Sep. Heard that there are no places for foreigners to do housemanship there and there is no chance of getting any scholarship. Is this true?
kengmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #20
ak12345

ak12345 has a neutral reputation

hi, I haven’t heard back after my 1st interview. You’ve alr gone for the 2nd interview?
ak12345 is offline   Reply With Quote