BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
alphabetinsanity
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 37
alphabetinsanity has a neutral reputation
Default Anyone got the call yet?

Hi,

so I'm curious, has anyone who applied for SMU Social Sciences got the call for an interview yet? I finished applying on the 7th...but I think coz my grades quite low....so they didn't bother with my application alr
alphabetinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #2
havok_ex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 412
havok_ex has a neutral reputation
Default

I think it's still too early. The results can come in as late as mid-July. So if they want to interview you, they still have like 3 months plus to do so. This is still way too early.
havok_ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:32 AM   #3
alphabetinsanity
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 37
alphabetinsanity has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok_ex View Post
I think it's still too early. The results can come in as late as mid-July. So if they want to interview you, they still have like 3 months plus to do so. This is still way too early.
Hi, thanks man!! Coz last year I had a friend who applied for SMU IS, he submitted everything on the 2nd day that SMU opened it's admissions, and he received a call within a week...so I was wondering if anyone received anything yet. Thanks for your info!

PS: If anyone's received it, do let me know here too!
alphabetinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:41 AM   #4
Autopsy
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 38
Autopsy has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetinsanity View Post
Hi, thanks man!! Coz last year I had a friend who applied for SMU IS, he submitted everything on the 2nd day that SMU opened it's admissions, and he received a call within a week...so I was wondering if anyone received anything yet. Thanks for your info!

PS: If anyone's received it, do let me know here too!
Hello again alphabetinsanity!

This may or may not help, but SMU Law has already begun its shortlisting process; I received my interview invitation on 21/03. Since your friend has heard from SMU IS, then it might be safe to presume that all faculties have already begun shortlisting.
I suggest you do not worry though - most schools do two or three rounds of shortlisting, once before the application deadline and twice afterwards.
Don't worry too much!
Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
alphabetinsanity
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 37
alphabetinsanity has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopsy View Post
Hello again alphabetinsanity!

This may or may not help, but SMU Law has already begun its shortlisting process; I received my interview invitation on 21/03. Since your friend has heard from SMU IS, then it might be safe to presume that all faculties have already begun shortlisting.
I suggest you do not worry though - most schools do two or three rounds of shortlisting, once before the application deadline and twice afterwards.
Don't worry too much!
Hey Autopsy! Hi again, haha.

Congrats on receiving the interview invitation, all the best for it!

I guess in my case, I'm slightly panicky coz I will have to make a decision by Mid-May latest, haha, since I do have a pretty good offer overseas that I don't wish to lose. *sigh*
alphabetinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:06 PM   #6
Autopsy
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 38
Autopsy has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetinsanity View Post
Hey Autopsy! Hi again, haha.

Congrats on receiving the interview invitation, all the best for it!

I guess in my case, I'm slightly panicky coz I will have to make a decision by Mid-May latest, haha, since I do have a pretty good offer overseas that I don't wish to lose. *sigh*
Congratulations on your offer overseas!! Thank you for your well wishes too I believe the schools will get back to you by Mid-May, so don't worry. Offers made in July are usually appeal cases, and since you already have an offer overseas you might choose not to appeal.
Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #7
alphabetinsanity
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 37
alphabetinsanity has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopsy View Post
Congratulations on your offer overseas!! Thank you for your well wishes too I believe the schools will get back to you by Mid-May, so don't worry. Offers made in July are usually appeal cases, and since you already have an offer overseas you might choose not to appeal.
Hey,

haha, thanks mate! The thing is, my parents vehemently wish for me to stay in SG....so I'm really hoping to stay instead. Hopefully I'll hear something in April or May, haha. JY for the SMU interview, and thanks for taking the time to reply!
alphabetinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.