BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
red_shadow2

red_shadow2 has a neutral reputation
Default SMU School of Law

hey i've been shortlisted for the law interview. wondering what's it going to be like. would it be a group one or just a one-to-one interview? thanks for any info.
red_shadow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
GSC1989

GSC1989 has a neutral reputation

From what I read about, the SMU law interview is still a group interview (group of 3-4). There is also a written essay component prior to that; the questions in the essay are mostly related to your course of preference (in this case law).

I.E What do you feel about this particular law in Singapore, What are the qualities needed for a judge etc.
GSC1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
LockT31W

LockT31W has a neutral reputation

Although the questions may be related to law, nobody expects you or anyone to have any prior legal knowledge. I personally wouldn't even try to drop a few legal terms here and there, to me that seems superficial and shallow. Just answer as best as you can using common sense. Law is all about common sense
LockT31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
nomensland

nomensland has a neutral reputation

just wondering, for law interview, do we have to go in real formal wear? (meaning shirt and pants and black shoes for guys) it seems that casual smart is acceptable for other faculty interviews tho. is there an exception for law?
nomensland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
LockT31W

no exception, just smart casual will do. haha you are very enterprising but black and white formal would simply look weird!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
insouciant

insouciant has a neutral reputation

hey red shadow, when's ur interview? i've been scheduled for the law interview too.. hmm, the person who called me said formal wear would be better.. but i think as long as you look decent (no jeans/t-shirt), it would be fine. anw he told me there will be a 'writing exercise' too.. but when i asked him abt it, he said no info was given wrt that.. so yeap >.<
insouciant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
LockT31W

oh, i thought smart casual meant working attire. im definitely not a fashionista here =X haha, keyword is working attire. long sleeve shirt and pants.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
red_shadow2

red_shadow2 has a neutral reputation

hey. my law interview is on the 8th at arnd 9-10 am. wats yours? haha anw, i dont really plan on going smu...jst going for the exposure.
red_shadow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
DreamsDreams

DreamsDreams has a neutral reputation

Formal wear for Law? Man... I was hoping I could be comfortable. ._." Flats, black pants and G2000 collared blouse with short sleeves... that ok? (I'm a girl) I guess worrying more about what to wear than the interview itself says a lot about me. ;D

@red_shadow2: I'm down for the same slot as you.
DreamsDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
insouciant

insouciant has a neutral reputation

wow, it's good that you two got the same slot. i'm trying t find someone who got the same slot as me, 9th apr 9.45am. :/ anw im not really interested in SMU too lol. but im really into law. haha, but i doubt nus wants me. i barely made thru smu's 10th percentile only.
insouciant is offline   Reply With Quote