BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #21
pon

pon has a neutral reputation

i got accepted to law and have been given the smu scholarship.
pon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #22
rockinik

rockinik has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionhead View Post
yea man. don think i got a chance either. damn.

anyways, mind sharing your results? you got accepted into law? did you accept your course before they offered you the scholarship or after?
I got AAA for PCM and B for H1 econs.. AAfor GP, PW too... Nope i applied for biz+info sys... Nope i dint accept my course... i accepted it after i got the scholarship...
rockinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #23
onionhead

onionhead has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pon View Post
i got accepted to law and have been given the smu scholarship.
mind sharing your grades? did you accept the course first? when did you get the call/email?

Last edited by onionhead; 05-17-2009 at 12:24 AM.
onionhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #24
onionhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinik View Post
I got AAA for PCM and B for H1 econs.. AAfor GP, PW too... Nope i applied for biz+info sys... Nope i dint accept my course... i accepted it after i got the scholarship...
oooh. icic.. congrats congrats.. still crossing my fingers man!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #25
pon

pon has a neutral reputation

As for 4 H2 subjects, A for GP, B for pw and chinese. I got into law and accountancy ddp. No didnt accept, in fact they called me down for interview before offering admission. About a week after the interview they called and emailed to tell me which scholarship i was awarded.
pon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
onionhead

ooh! was under the impression that we will be assessed for scholarship when we go for the interview for admission...
Old 05-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #27
keanevin

keanevin has a neutral reputation

Quote:
ooh! was under the impression that we will be assessed for scholarship when we go for the interview for admission...
That might be true! because I was offered a scholarship w/o any scholarship interview... But when I went for my faculty interview, I asked the professors about whether it was a combined interview for SMU scholarship and they said that I had to go for a separate interview for scholarship if I was shortlisted. Yup.

So I'm not really sure of how they do it. And I guess if you weren't called down for scholarship interview, it may not mean that you wont get a scholarship? Yup, so keep your phones on! and check your email regularly (spam mail too)
keanevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #28
onionhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanevin View Post
That might be true! because I was offered a scholarship w/o any scholarship interview... But when I went for my faculty interview, I asked the professors about whether it was a combined interview for SMU scholarship and they said that I had to go for a separate interview for scholarship if I was shortlisted. Yup.

So I'm not really sure of how they do it. And I guess if you weren't called down for scholarship interview, it may not mean that you wont get a scholarship? Yup, so keep your phones on! and check your email regularly (spam mail too)
OOOH! cool.. but not getting my hopes up high though. to me, if they were to offer, they would have offered. hah. mind sharing what faculty you gg to?
Old 05-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #29
keanevin

keanevin has a neutral reputation

Quote:
OOOH! cool.. but not getting my hopes up high though. to me, if they were to offer, they would have offered. hah. mind sharing what faculty you gg to?
SMU school of social science (: good luck anyw.
keanevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #30
bluewingz

bluewingz has a neutral reputation

Are there any SMU applicants still receiving calls of offer of scholarships by SMU? Please tag here so that we know that they are still contacting applicants regarding scholarships (even after 1 june), efforts much appreciated
bluewingz is offline   Reply With Quote