BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Career Issues > Career Issues > Medicine, Dentistry & Healthcare
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #11
sunshine

sunshine has a neutral reputation

thx lot ..now i understand more abt this ot job ...actually i also hope i can enroll in thiis yr ..but i miss the enrollment period ...
isit okay to drop by even thought it is nt npy open hse [email protected] Zhen

yepp i think its alright.. maybe you would like to give nyp a call? then they'll direct you to the correct people. or if you like i could help you find out when sch resumes (23rd june)
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
leap12

leap12 has a neutral reputation

Hello
I would like to know which UK or Australian universities are better for occupational therapy?
leap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
angelatow

angelatow has a neutral reputation
Send a message via MSN to angelatow
Default :)

Hi, I'm planning to enroll in Occupational Therapy next year 2009 since i missed the enrollment period this year. I got accepted this year but I rejected them cause I was waiting for uni replies as to whether I could get in or not.. do you think it will affect the chances of me enrolling next year?

Neway, any OT seniors here can do me a favor?
I would like to know what are the things that you study in lectures.. so if you have any sample of your soft copy lecture notes, do you mind sending some to me at [email protected]? I would really like to have a clearer insight to what I'm gonna face next year? Thanks a million!
angelatow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #14
shuling

shuling has a neutral reputation
Default OT

i'm interested in OT, but i'm not really sure of what the future path of education, and after education would be like. just a little bit confused over here.
and compare it to others like double degree, does it lose an edge? my friends and relatives seem to think so when i tell them what i'm considering so...
it makes me hesitant over whether i should pursue OT.
so i would appreciate and be thankful for any helpful experiences/information.
shuling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #15
angelatow

Default OT 'intern'

Hi, Huizhen. I am in the same situation with you whereby I missed the enrollment period in 2008. I'm going to apply for OT this year (2009). Meanwhile I've actually emailed Singhealth and NHG to ask for an 'internship' as an OT because, likewise, I have doubts about studying OT. I would like to know more about the clinical settings that OT work in and what do they actually do with patients for every session. So what Singhealth replied was that I could volunteer as a OT assistant whereby I'll be able to observe what they do. And as for NHG, there's a Hospital Familiarisation Visit which is only for 1 day. But still, it's an exposure. I'm signing up for it. So probably we can meet each other? You can email me for more details if you want. my email is [email protected]

rgds,
angela
Old 01-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #16
angelatow

Actually there's no really a 'which is a better' cert. As long as it is recognised by the Singapore Association of Occupational Therapists or World Federation of Occupational Therapists. And it also depends on eventually where do you want to work. If you wanna come back to Sg to work, an australian uni. cert. would suffice you a norm. uni grad pay, besides, the cost of going to aus. to study would defnitely be lower than if you go to UK to study. Hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
stars

stars has a neutral reputation

hi, i was wondering if anyone knows when the application for nyp's ot course is? i called the office and they told me its later than the jae batch, somewhere in february, but will it be after the a level results?
stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #18
yanshuo

yanshuo has a neutral reputation

A level results are normally released on the first week of march. Judging by what the person told you, I would think not.
yanshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
Ashearo

Ashearo has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars View Post
hi, i was wondering if anyone knows when the application for nyp's ot course is? i called the office and they told me its later than the jae batch, somewhere in february, but will it be after the a level results?
http://www.nyp.edu.sg/SHS/ot_main.html

Its a course that requires A levels to enter, not O levels. That means it will be after the A level results. Its the same as the Physiotherapy course which also needs A levels.

What I say is my OWN opinion
Ashearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
angelatow

Default opening of poly courses for A lvls

Hm, based on last year's experience, I think it will open slightly earlier than the release of A levels. Cause' last year when A lvls is released on first wk of mar, i rmbred rushing to sign up for the course because it closes one wk after the release of a lvls. So, do watch out during the period of late feb lor.