BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Career Issues > Career Issues > Medicine, Dentistry & Healthcare
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
abc1

abc1 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosty View Post
I was initially interested in Ireland universities, but their course fees totally turned me away. UK is much cheaper!

Heh, UK was actually my preferred choice over Ireland but the unis there rejected me, sigh
abc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
deb11

deb11 has a neutral reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1 View Post
Same here, I met some drs during hospital attachments and in my workplace who came from there. But one of my NUS interviewers said she wouldn't recommend me gg there cause Ireland seems to be accepting all the rejects from all over the world! Hmm, so it's pretty confusing. In any case, I'm paying the deposit first yup, will add u on skype!

yup i paid my dep alrready too. when you've sent your money scan in the proof and send to them. then they'll give you your moodle account where you can use the forums to talk to everyone else from other parts of the world going there (: there are alot of people from canada, btw are you gonna apply for lodging? milli or mercer?
i guess your interviewer has a point. but i think as long as we know its worth the while i guess it doesnt matter?
i havent had the time to go on skype though.
deb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
meddy

meddy has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb11 View Post
yup i paid my dep alrready too. when you've sent your money scan in the proof and send to them. then they'll give you your moodle account where you can use the forums to talk to everyone else from other parts of the world going there (: there are alot of people from canada, btw are you gonna apply for lodging? milli or mercer?
i guess your interviewer has a point. but i think as long as we know its worth the while i guess it doesnt matter?
i havent had the time to go on skype though.
hey i actually went for the interview in march then i sent them my results.. but i think they didnt receive thats y they recently requested for my results ;/ wonder if its because of that, thats y i haven got an offer yet;/
meddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:58 AM   #14
abc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meddy View Post
hey i actually went for the interview in march then i sent them my results.. but i think they didnt receive thats y they recently requested for my results ;/ wonder if its because of that, thats y i haven got an offer yet;/
Heyy. I went for the interview in march too. They asked me for my results in the beginning of april and about 2 weeks later, i received the offer letter. So you'll probably just need to wait for awhile more. But if you're really anxious, you can try calling the admissions office
Old 05-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #15
meddy

Quote:
Heyy. I went for the interview in march too. They asked me for my results in the beginning of april and about 2 weeks later, i received the offer letter. So you'll probably just need to wait for awhile more. But if you're really anxious, you can try calling the admissions office
hey yup they received my results(: said they'll get back to me by mid next week... sigh fingers crossed.. hopefully i get it(:
Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #16
meddy

Quote:
Heh, UK was actually my preferred choice over Ireland but the unis there rejected me, sigh
( me too! got 4 rejections sigh so are you confirm gng for rcsi?
Old 05-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #17
abc1

Quote:
( me too! got 4 rejections sigh so are you confirm gng for rcsi?
I would prefer to go australia actually so unless all unis there reject me, i'll prob not go to rcsi.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #18
meddy

Quote:
I would prefer to go australia actually so unless all unis there reject me, i'll prob not go to rcsi.
oh ok... but you paid the dep for rcsi first? btw did you try like the other irish med schs under the consortium?
Old 05-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
abc1

Quote:
oh ok... but you paid the dep for rcsi first? btw did you try like the other irish med schs under the consortium?

Yup, i've paid for the deposit. Haha so i'll have to forfeit the 10K if i do get into australian unis. I went for the 1st iumc interview but declined their 2nd round of interview.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
MikeyW

MikeyW has a neutral reputation
Default -

anyone still active here?
new applicant needs some advice about rcsi
MikeyW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ireland, medicine, overseas, study abroad