BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > USA
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #21
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by almuzzi View Post
@junkai, you can keep retaking the SATs, but I'd suggest not retaking too many times (>3x) as some colleges can see how many times you've taken the SATs.
well, today depends on how one choose to report the scores
http://sat.collegeboard.org/help

Quote:
Do you report only the best scores?

If you decide to use Score Choiceâ„¢, the College Board will not release scores to colleges and universities for admission purposes without your consent. If you don't opt to use Score Choice, all of your scores will be sent to your chosen institutions and programs. Most colleges only look at your highest scores, so you should feel comfortable sending all of them.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
hoseh1001

hoseh1001 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by almuzzi View Post
@junkai, you can keep retaking the SATs, but I'd suggest not retaking too many times (>3x) as some colleges can see how many times you've taken the SATs.

@hoseh, I'm really not too sure about the comparison, most things I've heard about U-Chicago are about the economics major. The only 2 schoolmates I have studying there are both studying Econs. I don't think U-Chig is ranked higher than Mich for engineering but (again) I'm not too sure about pure sciences. Grats on getting accepted to U-Chig though, its a great school!
Thanks for your input! I'll go check out the rankings and course materials I guess )
hoseh1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #23
Lorenzo

Lorenzo has a neutral reputation
Default Bachelors in 3 years possible

Hi,

I'm applying to U Mich this year, hopefully starting school later this year. If anyone who's studying from U Mich or any other US college, could you advise me...

1) Can I get a EEE Bachelors Degree in 3 years, and do a Masters in the 4th? (Like UK's system) and if so, is this common/very demanding?

2)if I apply for U Mich's honor's program, can I still do 3 years of undergrad?

Currently I have an overseas scholarship by a government agency, but it's only 4 years. If I were to do an extra year for my masters, I'd have to extend my already 6-year bond by a few more years.

Thanks!
Lorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #24
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
I'm applying to U Mich this year, hopefully starting school later this year. If anyone who's studying from U Mich or any other US college, could you advise me...

1) Can I get a EEE Bachelors Degree in 3 years, and do a Masters in the 4th? (Like UK's system) and if so, is this common/very demanding?

2)if I apply for U Mich's honor's program, can I still do 3 years of undergrad?
1. U can even finish it in 2.5yrs! myself and my ex-colleague have done it b4. it will be demanding as U are packing 4yrs of course work in 3yrs! U will be taking 1-2 more classes than then suggested and be taking a max load in summer. very little holidays a spring break (1 week), winter break (3 weeks) and summer (2-3weeks). its common to see scholars doing it in 3yrs but uncommon to find locals doing it in 3yrs or less. Most ppl completes say 4-5yrs. U may find more ppl (Americans) finishing it say 6yrs than those in 3yrs or less LOL.

U need to keep your GPA up else U wouldn't make into the masters program. 1yr masters is only possible if U doing coursework masters and thats loading up on classes too. No value besides paper chase. project base Masters also little value, research masters will be hard finishing in 1 yr.

2. Sure! Just alot more demanding.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote