BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #31
pinkyvoodo

pinkyvoodo has a neutral reputation

I'll be going to major in psychology in FASS too! Haha! But I'm really worried abt not being able to get the psych modules I want since psych modules are the most popular ones in FASS
pinkyvoodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #32
tetra_pakk

tetra_pakk has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkyvoodo View Post
I'll be going to major in psychology in FASS too! Haha! But I'm really worried abt not being able to get the psych modules I want since psych modules are the most popular ones in FASS
That's the whole point of the CORS system, you need to bid for the modules. It motivates you to work hard for the earlier ones I guess, so you'll accumulate points! Haha.

May we meet each other in our introductory modules. What are you guys intending to take for the other 2 modules that are not under Psych?
tetra_pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #33
happysnail

happysnail has a neutral reputation

hey sorry to barge in but if I haven't received an offer from FASS by now does it mean I have no chance already? I'm getting really worried because it seems like the whole world has received their offers already. ): ): I got ABD for H2s and B for GP and about 73 points...sucky I know!
happysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 AM   #34
gossipgirl

gossipgirl has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysnail View Post
hey sorry to barge in but if I haven't received an offer from FASS by now does it mean I have no chance already? I'm getting really worried because it seems like the whole world has received their offers already. ): ): I got ABD for H2s and B for GP and about 73 points...sucky I know!
omg you've got the same grades as me! i havent heard anything from nus too.
gossipgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #35
nixus

nixus has a neutral reputation

well the nus website said that it'll be until end may. guess you all gotta wait out about a week or more! all the best anyway

i wanna do theatre studies!

ahhh the system is a lil confusing eh?
nixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #36
happysnail

happysnail has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipgirl View Post
omg you've got the same grades as me! i havent heard anything from nus too.
OMG. hahaha hifive. well not that it's something to celebrate about but okay, GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!!! have you been accepted anywhere else? ugh waiting totally sucks...thanks anyway
happysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #37
gossipgirl

gossipgirl has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysnail View Post
OMG. hahaha hifive. well not that it's something to celebrate about but okay, GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!!! have you been accepted anywhere else? ugh waiting totally sucks...thanks anyway
lol thanks haha i've not received any offer so far.
gossipgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #38
will1990

will1990 has a neutral reputation

Hey.. For those who are wondering about the cutoff for FASS this year...

I'm not too sure.. but my friend has got AAC/C gpD pwA chineseA...

and it seems her application was processed but she was rejected by FASS.

FASS was her second choice though... but I'm guessing that the cutoff this year is around there? (not sure how to count the rank points for her results though)

Oh. And I soo intend to take up Psychology as a major. Freshmen who want to take up popular exposure modules like Japanese Studies, Psychology and maybe Sociology, should be prepared to take up some of the less popular exposure modules so that we can have more bidding points to bid for our number 1 choices. =)
will1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #39
tetra_pakk

tetra_pakk has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by will1990 View Post
Oh. And I soo intend to take up Psychology as a major. Freshmen who want to take up popular exposure modules like Japanese Studies, Psychology and maybe Sociology, should be prepared to take up some of the less popular exposure modules so that we can have more bidding points to bid for our number 1 choices. =)
Haha true, we just got to compromise so that we can take what we want. (: I'm still all ??? over the bidding system though.
tetra_pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #40
qwerty

qwerty has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by will1990 View Post
Hey.. For those who are wondering about the cutoff for FASS this year...

I'm not too sure.. but my friend has got AAC/C gpD pwA chineseA...

and it seems her application was processed but she was rejected by FASS.

FASS was her second choice though... but I'm guessing that the cutoff this year is around there? (not sure how to count the rank points for her results though)

hmm are you sure she was rejected? i think there were ppl with grades not comparable to hers who were accepted!
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote