BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
mortpenguin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default NUS Scholarships

This is a list of scholarships available to students applying to NUS:

University-level:

* NUS Global Merit Scholarship
* NUS Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship
* NUS Undergraduate Scholarship


Faculty-level:

* NUS Faculty Scholarship
* NUS Faculty Award
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
twinge
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
twinge has a neutral reputation
Default

hi, not sure if this is the right thread, but just wondering if anyone has received any letters/updates from the nus scholarships board? i submitted my application around the last week of march and have yet to hear anything ):
twinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
MaryMount
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 202
MaryMount has a neutral reputation
Default

I haven't received it too!
MaryMount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Ashearo
Moderator
 
Ashearo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,718
Ashearo has a neutral reputation
Default

Usually you will be informed of your scholarship outcome after or when you accept your place at NUS.

If you get rejected, you will not be informed.
__________________


What I say is my OWN opinion
Ashearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
MaryMount
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 202
MaryMount has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashearo View Post
Usually you will be informed of your scholarship outcome after or when you accept your place at NUS.

If you get rejected, you will not be informed.
OH! You mean there is no interview or something?
MaryMount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
ehbeesi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 23
ehbeesi has a neutral reputation
Default

There definitely is an interview. But same, I haven't gotten any notification either ): It's prolly the case that they consider your scholarship application after you have been accepted into a faculty, it only makes sense coz they wouldn't want to waste their time interviewing people who haven't been granted admission. Sianz my teacher rated me as the next highest 15% on the form. I'm a bit hurt, will the rating matter?
ehbeesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
titaner
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East
Posts: 16
titaner has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbeesi View Post
There definitely is an interview. But same, I haven't gotten any notification either ): It's prolly the case that they consider your scholarship application after you have been accepted into a faculty, it only makes sense coz they wouldn't want to waste their time interviewing people who haven't been granted admission. Sianz my teacher rated me as the next highest 15% on the form. I'm a bit hurt, will the rating matter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashearo View Post
Usually you will be informed of your scholarship outcome after or when you accept your place at NUS.

If you get rejected, you will not be informed.
Im accepted into the science course but have not been informed of the interview date
titaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
somethingsparkly
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 22
somethingsparkly has a neutral reputation
Default

Hi, was wondering if anyone has heard about any scholarships seeing as NUS has sent out most offers... just got a call about the Business scholarship, does anyone know anything about that? Thank you :-)
somethingsparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
lightgreen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15
lightgreen has a neutral reputation
Default

if i take a longer time to accept the offer from nus bizz, will it hinder my probability of gettin the scholarship?
lightgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #10
powerpoint
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
powerpoint has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingsparkly View Post
Hi, was wondering if anyone has heard about any scholarships seeing as NUS has sent out most offers... just got a call about the Business scholarship, does anyone know anything about that? Thank you :-)
hi sparkly may i know what is your alvl results? if you dont mind sharing
powerpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.