BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #121
Pulp

Pulp has a neutral reputation

Sigh.. I was initially quite enthusiastic about studying Chemical Engineering, but I've recently heard some (horroific) stories about many Chemical Engineering students (around 8 in 10) having to work in non-related fields like the finance sector, or in other countries, because the pay is not that good.

If I know that I would eventually lean more towards the business field, perhaps I should just study Business instead of Chemical Engineering in the first place?
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #122
Ashearo

Ashearo has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
Sigh.. I was initially quite enthusiastic about studying Chemical Engineering, but I've recently heard some (horroific) stories about many Chemical Engineering students (around 8 in 10) having to work in non-related fields like the finance sector, or in other countries, because the pay is not that good.

If I know that I would eventually lean more towards the business field, perhaps I should just study Business instead of Chemical Engineering in the first place?
You can do business with a Chemical engineering degree, but you can't do chemical engineering with a business degree. You can always take a part time business degree in future if you want. Doing a private chemical engineering degree in future is much more difficult.

In any case, the incidences of graduates working in an industry different from their degrees are quite high. Not just limited to chemical engineers.

What I say is my OWN opinion
Ashearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #123
Pulp

Pulp has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashearo View Post
You can do business with a Chemical engineering degree, but you can't do chemical engineering with a business degree. You can always take a part time business degree in future if you want. Doing a private chemical engineering degree in future is much more difficult.

In any case, the incidences of graduates working in an industry different from their degrees are quite high. Not just limited to chemical engineers.
Ill take your advice into consideration. Thanks
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #124
gin

gin has a neutral reputation
Default Material Science and Engineering

Hi, any MSE seniors here? I have not heard any posts regarding MSE here. Why is it so? Is it an unpopular course? Or does it not have any good career prospects? Hahas thanks.
gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #125
DarKniGhT

DarKniGhT has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrapeanut! View Post
i got into industrial&systems engineering. anyone else?
can u tell me what u do? i'm considering ise too.
DarKniGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #126
snar123

snar123 has a neutral reputation
Default My chance of getting into Computer engineering

I dont have O level Physics and I dont take H2 Physics in my JC life. I heard from the admission board that I can go for bridging. But I was wondering if this will lower my chance of getting an offer from this course even if i were to place as my 2nd choice in NUS?
snar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #127
blue177

blue177 has a neutral reputation

Hello. anyone heard from NUS common engineering? Come and share when did you receive acceptance and your UAS please!
blue177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #128
CodLiverOil

CodLiverOil has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue177 View Post
Hello. anyone heard from NUS common engineering? Come and share when did you receive acceptance and your UAS please!
applied for Mech engineering and the engineering + biz add DDP as forst choice.

and... i just got my offer yesterday. Was offered Mech engine + econs DDP, which was my 2nd choice DDP.
CodLiverOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #129
s1126c

s1126c has a neutral reputation

Hey CodLiverOil, was the DDP offer stated online, on the joint acceptance page? Or was it only on your offer package?
s1126c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #130
CodLiverOil

CodLiverOil has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1126c View Post
Hey CodLiverOil, was the DDP offer stated online, on the joint acceptance page? Or was it only on your offer package?
okAY i just checked, and i found it stated in all 3 modes u mentioned. nus portal, joint acceptance, and brown envelope
CodLiverOil is offline   Reply With Quote