BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #31
class10808

class10808 has a neutral reputation

Just received offer from chem engineering too.. sadly no double deg.. however I got only 2 h2 As
class10808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #32
kurashi

kurashi has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by class10808 View Post
Just received offer from chem engineering too.. sadly no double deg.. however I got only 2 h2 As
haha.. same here.. me from poly.
kurashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #33
kura

kura has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg90 View Post
hey, anyone got an offer for Computer Science/Engg yet ???
I have the same question as you.
kura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #34
zeifel

zeifel has a neutral reputation

@ mg90 & kura

2 of my friends receive their Comp Sci (one even got the Comp Sci + Biz DDP) offer this morning through JA. I guess your offers should be just around the corner
zeifel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #35
spotty161

spotty161 has a neutral reputation
Default Industrial and Systems eng.

Hi all,
i got accepted into industrial and systems eng. but im not too sure about what its like and the career prospects. it also seems very broad based. anyone help me with this?
spotty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #36
mg90

mg90 has a neutral reputation

hey,
i also got in for the Engineering & Business Adm DDP, just got the offer yesterday
gd luck to all those still waiting for their offers
mg90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #37
twentythree

twentythree has a neutral reputation

hey spotty161, got a friend in the same program, biz + ise ddp. drop me a msg and i will pass along his email, he be happy to share.
twentythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:50 AM   #38
ec_09

ec_09 has a neutral reputation
Default industrial and systems eng

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotty161 View Post
Hi all,
i got accepted into industrial and systems eng. but im not too sure about what its like and the career prospects. it also seems very broad based. anyone help me with this?
I've got accepted to ise too. I looked at the modules which i find it differing a lot from other engineering courses. Its very unspecific in the course of study, is that an advantage or disadvantage or both? Till this point, the people around me seems to be discouraging me to go into this course. Im in a dilemma anyone kindly give some advice?
ec_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #39
ec_09

ec_09 has a neutral reputation

For a person who likes physics and mathematics. And a little bit of chemistry. Is it better for one to choose industrial and system engineering or chemical engineering?
ec_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #40
lucastan

lucastan has a neutral reputation

hi ppl,

i just completed ise year 1... just to share with u ppl a few things about ise... yes its true ise is broad based... this can be a good thing cos it is versatile... grads get employed in finance areas, supply chain (UPS, keppel, even hospitals delivery and management), logistic areas...

i took my first ie module in yr 1 and its very econs related.wad i learn there is useful.... it teaches you about taxes depreciation, and project decision making.... later on in the course you will learn a lot of stats, maths, and computing for modeling of problems.... i would say its quite related to "decision science" in business..

physic and chemistry is only needed in yr 1 foundation engineering modules...

but i need to warn u that the ppl in ise are very smart... we have a lot of scholars and foreigners in the course... they are usually very hard workin + intelligent... tt might not be a good things cos the bell curve becomes very steep... a few marks before average and u face a possibility of screwing up.... u all will noe when u enter NUS....

but nonetheless competition is everyting.. esp in NUS.... so its boils down to what u really want in choosing your course... ya good luck...
lucastan is offline   Reply With Quote