BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Rate My Chances!
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #21
helpme

helpme has a neutral reputation

so.. U ofr H1 is 2.5 and 5 and H2 ? i kinda get AAAAU so im 78.75 (PW B) or 81.25??
helpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #22
rui

rui has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpme View Post
so.. U ofr H1 is 2.5 and 5 and H2 ? i kinda get AAAAU so im 78.75 (PW B) or 81.25??
The U is a H1 subject?

If so, I suppose you are:

20 + 20 + 20 + 10 + 2.5 + 8.75 = 81.25.
rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #23
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rui View Post
The U is a H1 subject?

If so, I suppose you are:

20 + 20 + 20 + 10 + 2.5 + 8.75 = 81.25.
I would disagree, since the U is ungraded, you might not be awarded any points for it. But then, I'm not an admissions officer, so I wouldn't know...
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #24
rui

I wrote in to NUS Admissions Office with this:
Quote:
If the applicant has U for GP, would the GP grade contribute to the calculation of the admission score? If going by A=10, B=8.75, does a U equate to 2.5 or simply 0 since it's ungraded.
And here is the reply:
Quote:
We do not release the individual breakdowns of grades and their corresponding scores. Your GP will contribute to your University Admission Score under any circumstance.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #25
Newb

Newb has a neutral reputation

Just to make sure, is the number beside the IGP the required university admission score?

university admission score = rank points?
Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #26
rui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newb View Post
Just to make sure, is the number beside the IGP the required university admission score?

university admission score = rank points?
Yup. Interchangeable terms I suppose.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #27
elegancez

elegancez has a neutral reputation

I have a problem, I think this is OOT but i don't know how relevant it will be to some of you here.

I cannot find my MT and PW result slip and SMU specifically states that you need to submit A level cert inclusive of MT and PW. How? Where can I get it re-printed? Or do they actually don't require it?

Help!
elegancez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #28
rui

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegancez View Post
I have a problem, I think this is OOT but i don't know how relevant it will be to some of you here.

I cannot find my MT and PW result slip and SMU specifically states that you need to submit A level cert inclusive of MT and PW. How? Where can I get it re-printed? Or do they actually don't require it?

Help!
Whether or not they require it now, I do think it's vital you hold a copy of your certificate. I'll probably want to direct you to the Ministry of Education (MOE), Customer Service Centre at 6872 2220.

There is a section within the SEAB FAQ that contains this, although not entirely relevant.

Quote:
CERTIFICATE AMENDMENT
There is a service charge of S$50.00 per certificate for request to reprint examination certificates (due to error in personal particulars).

To avoid having to make unnecessary requests for reprint of certificates, candidates are advised to check and ensure that their personal particulars are printed correctly on their result slips.

For private candidates:
All requests for reprint of certificates need to be submitted through MOE, Customer Service Centre, together with the original certificates. All requests for reprint of certificates have to be submitted within 2 months from the date of issue of certificates.

For school candidates:
All requests for reprint of certificates need to be submitted through the respective school together with the original certificates. All requests for reprint of certificates have to be submitted within 2 months from the date of issue of certificates.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #29
oldbluejeans

oldbluejeans has a neutral reputation

From what I know, you won't be awarded any point for a U grade.

A-20
B-17.5
C-15
D-12.5
E-10
S-5
U-0
oldbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #30
rui

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbluejeans View Post
From what I know, you won't be awarded any point for a U grade.

A-20
B-17.5
C-15
D-12.5
E-10
S-5
U-0
That doesn't entirely tally with the response from NUS Admissions Office, however. We can't seem to put any fixed answer to it.